Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by penggoy
Oh and btw I forgot to mention, using venom failsafe and I turn off my transmitter it's not just the brake engages but the steering wheel turns to right as well. Dunno why.
If anything, I would not think that the external failsafe is the one making your steering wheels turn to the right. It will only lock or put the throttle / brake servo in fail safe position as only this servo is connected to the failsafe unit. I know that they only lock on the throttle / brake servo during a glitch and during that time, you can still control your steering servo.

Perhaps your steering servo is one of those that can be programmed and that it was already done to do that upon lost of power supply or signal?
Old 12-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD

Perhaps your steering servo is one of those that can be programmed and that it was already done to do that upon lost of power supply or signal?
its a KO 2173 (steering). its not programmable, isnt it?
Old 12-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by penggoy
its a KO 2173 (steering). its not programmable, isnt it?
Yes, I don't think that's programmable.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

The answer is easy... It's the M8!

J
Old 12-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got my new helios...i have seen and held the 3pk and m8. My ex radio was a 3pjs....I can say I'm very very happy with my helios...it's very comfortable in your hand and it's super easy to navigate!

G
Old 12-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, that Helios is pretty cool! A guy at my track has one. Plus it looks like a transmitter that would control a space ship!

J
Old 12-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by loosenut
I just got my new helios...i have seen and held the 3pk and m8. My ex radio was a 3pjs....I can say I'm very very happy with my helios...it's very comfortable in your hand and it's super easy to navigate!

G
I agree. Thats the same reason I bought the helios. Plus the receiver is the smallest receiver out there as of now. Did you try using digital servos on your Helios? Did you notice any speed improvement?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

hardly noticeble...

The thing with these advance controllers/digital servos is that you almost have to dial them down a little at times....it would be insane or very hard to control your car if you dial up the exp or curves to it's max capability...so at the end of the day I think it's all a wash...

Plus I thougth the HRS has to do with how fast the receiver receives the signals or how fast the signal gets from the TX to the RX.....so the servos do feel more crisp or sharp but that's about it...not gonna help you drive fast though...hehe

I do like the quality and easy use of helios. I like the way it sits in my hand...it's drop down unit and how it's able to be slanted.

G
Old 12-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

hardly noticeble...

I do like the quality and easy use of helios. I like the way it sits in my hand...it's drop down unit and how it's able to be slanted.

G
Does your cars' front wheels turning left and right (plus the buzzing sound) as if theres a glitch once you turn off your transmitter and leaving the receiver power on? This is what is happening on my mtx3. Im using ko failsafe, futaba 9404 throttle and ko 2173 steering. Is there something wrong with my receiver?

or anyone here knows the answer. thnx
Old 12-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

If you don't mind 27 mhz FM then get it from www.rc-mushroom.com

If you have questions, just email them they are super cool...ask for King and tell him I referred ya.

Gary
Any KO items purchased from overseas will have to be serviced by that country on where you purchased it. RC-Mushroom is based in Hong Kong. KO USA will not service items purchased from overseas. KO USA will only warranty or service items purchased in the USA. Please support your local hobby shop or those here in the USA if you live here. Withoout them, you would have no were to go and race, purchase products and get friendly service (hopefully).
Old 12-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

so when will KO release a low profile digital servo
Old 12-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by icon
so when will KO release a low profile digital servo
and synthesized module and receiver? Also a micro digital servo?
Old 12-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Any KO items purchased from overseas will have to be serviced by that country on where you purchased it. RC-Mushroom is based in Hong Kong. KO USA will not service items purchased from overseas. KO USA will only warranty or service items purchased in the USA. Please support your local hobby shop or those here in the USA if you live here. Withoout them, you would have no were to go and race, purchase products and get friendly service (hopefully).
Interesting. These days more and more manufacturers are moving to a world wide warranty - not in our little R/C world, though. Consumer demand and globalisation will undoubtedly drive it.

I'm in Australia and needed repairs to a Futaba radio, out of warranty, but purchased here. I contacted the distributor who told me to send it in. They sent it to Japan for repair and returned it to me.
Total cost: US$30.00 including return postage.
The cost of postage to Japan and back must have been more than US$30.00.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know can I shut off the PCM function and use the just FM receiver? Like the 9 channels radio and shut off the PCM, then use the FM receiver, not the PCM one.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ckh1328
Does anyone know can I shut off the PCM function and use the just FM receiver? Like the 9 channels radio and shut off the PCM, then use the FM receiver, not the PCM one.
Are you referring to the Futaba 3PK? Yes you can. You can switch to PPM mode but then you cannot use the fail safe function.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.