Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

The 3PK is the most reliable radio I have ever owned. Not only that but setup is a TOTAL BREEZE with it. The menus are so intuitive and easy to access you won't bother reading the manual until you have spare time. ITS AWESOME.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

3 PK....
Old 11-27-2003, 05:16 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Futaba makes great radio systems

IMO, the KO usually have a more comfortable grip, but i think that helios look a tad too bizzare for my liking

I would go with the 3PK

but, definitely, you cant go wrong with either...
Old 11-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Again both are good radios...

I ended up buying the ko propo helios 27 mhz with the drop down unit.

G
Old 11-28-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by loosenut
not as reliable as the m8 though...I heard there's more gliches and it runs hot.
Is this true 3PK owners?

My last question is about their receivers. Can I use hitec rx on futaba tx and vice versa provided their rx crystal is the same brand as the rx. I saw on another forum that Airtronics, Jr and KO belong to another group which means they can share radio receivers provided of course the rx and rx crystal have the same brand.

Im leaning towards 3PK. But I have to know more about this before I make my final decision. I have to know first it's advantages and disadvantages.

Oh and many thanks to those who replied. You're all a great help!
Old 11-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Is the KO EXI a good one? Compare to HSR and PCM. Will there be any interference with HSR or PCM tech.? HSR is better or PCM is better? Anyone knows?
Old 11-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ckh1328
Is the KO EXI a good one? Compare to HSR and PCM. Will there be any interference with HSR or PCM tech.? HSR is better or PCM is better? Anyone knows?
I've been using the EX1 for the last 3 years without a single problem.They go for next to nothing these days and have more then enough features.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by penggoy
Is this true 3PK owners?

My last question is about their receivers. Can I use hitec rx on futaba tx and vice versa provided their rx crystal is the same brand as the rx. I saw on another forum that Airtronics, Jr and KO belong to another group which means they can share radio receivers provided of course the rx and rx crystal have the same brand.

Im leaning towards 3PK. But I have to know more about this before I make my final decision. I have to know first it's advantages and disadvantages.

Oh and many thanks to those who replied. You're all a great help!

Here is what I think: if you are not running 3 channel system, ie, 5th scale with front independent brake along with rear brake mixing and steering angle releasing then you probably dont need 3pk(This is one major feature only 3 pk has but other dont)

and honestly I think if you are running 10th scale or 8th scale all the radio out there will do the job since you only need a few function and features.
1. Independent left and right EPA(end point adjustment)
2. Dual Rate
3. Expotential

Basically those 3 are the only feature you really need on a 2 channel system! and of course Fail Safe.

Get one that you like the most, the one that you feel good holding it, and may be something light! it is a task to hold the TX for an hour main, not an easy thing! and Of Course the one that fits your budget

Just my $0.02
Old 11-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
They go for next to nothing these days and have more then enough features.
True.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Ah10
and of course Fail Safe.
Ok, that itself would limit you to 3 controllers... 3PK, 3PJS and the JR R1.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ckh1328
Because of the secure way PCM is transmitted, it is slower but less tendency to glitch. The HRS is suppose to be 1/3 of the response time of the conventional FM. These are the bare facts.

Having said that, I have actually not noticed anything different using HRS and normal PCM on the 3PK with digital servos nor noticed any difference in the tendency to glitch. At least for me, both are the same.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by penggoy
Is this true 3PK owners?
I have not noticed any problems with overheating of the modules or anything that would cause more glitches.

Apparently the earlier batches of the 3PK had the LCD screen problem but I have not since heard of that lately. Perhaps they have improved.

If anything, I only had problems attributed to my own receiver pack and the 3PK antenna that came loose a little which gave some glitching problem. Once that was fixed, no problems at all. I'm a happy owner as it more than fits my needs.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey Initial..we've found that the antennaes come loose from taking the ant out to store the radio...I fixed that by getting the Futaba radio case......a GREAT case for that radio..and stores it with the antenae on..
Old 11-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
hey Initial..we've found that the antennaes come loose from taking the ant out to store the radio...I fixed that by getting the Futaba radio case......a GREAT case for that radio..and stores it with the antenae on..
Yup that's true. I developed problems when I started to take out the antenna to put it into my Speedmind 3PK case. Now I don't anymore.

Yes, the Futaba radio case is sweat.

Old 11-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, that itself would limit you to 3 controllers... 3PK, 3PJS and the JR R1.
You can also by a seperate KO failsafe for the EX1,even though I haven't needed one so far,Knock on steel !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.