R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Tech Master

Default SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - HEART OF AMERICA SERIES OPENING EVENT

Fastlane Raceway in Blue Springs, MO will again host the opening round of the Heart of America Series for asphalt on road R/C racing in 2009. In a major departure from previous years, Fastlane has made arrangements to hold this year’s event at Kansas Speedway in conjunction with the Indy Racing League and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series weekend on April 25th and 26th. This change gives HOA racers the opportunity to compete in front of thousands of race fans dramatically increasing exposure for the HOA Series and for the R/C racing hobby.

Fastlane will construct an 85 foot by 200 foot temporary track in the souvenir trailer area to the south of the main entrance to the Speedway. The asphalt surface in that area is excellent with only a few longitudinal seams. The area is pitched to provide drainage but is otherwise flat. A smaller 30 foot by 60 foot oval track is also planned where spectators will be given a chance to try their hand at racing Mini Late Models.

The Speedway will allow racers to set up pits and pit trailers in a grass area bordering the west side of the R/C track and will provide racers with parking for tow vehicles in a nearby hospitality area (separated from the R/C track and pits by an entrance walk way to the track) which is otherwise not used on that weekend.

Further details on the race weekend will be announced shortly. But racers should be prepared for earlier starts than normal on Saturday and Sunday in order to allow most R/C racing to be completed before the Truck and Indy Car races each day. Pre- registration may also be required in order to allow us to provide parking passes to get access to the areas which the Speedway has reserved for us.

We're hoping for a great turnout and to make this the most memorable R/C racing event in the Midwest in years! Come on out and join in on the racing action. In addition to the normal Nitro action from the HOA series we expect to add extra classes. Stay tuned.....

http://www.heartofamericaseries.com
BIGCHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Will a racers equipment be safe from spectators while he is marshalling or on the track? People rip off. I would think more seriously about attending if I knew my tools and gear were safe.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
Tech Master

Pit Area will be roped off to provide some security. And we can hopefully count on each other to watch equipment while someone is marshalling. Same problem exists with racing in a Mall parking lot but I hope we have more spectators than is typically the case there.

I am working on hiring security from the Speedway for overnight for racers who may want to leave some of their stuff at the track.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Sounds like this will be a great event. I sure wish I could make it. Good luck to all that attend.
Jason
thewood1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default HOA

85x200... Flat asphalt... Speedway...

Count me in! It should be a great event.

jpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Z
Tech Master

Should be fun. Looking forward to it!!!
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clintscreations Send a message via Yahoo to clintscreations

What is the usual turn out for 10th scale sedan.......is it mod ..13.5 17.5??? Do they run rubber or foam tires???
kcrc - shawnee, ks
clintscreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintscreations View Post
What is the usual turn out for 10th scale sedan.......is it mod ..13.5 17.5??? Do they run rubber or foam tires???
Nitro Sedan not electric...
Old 04-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There have been electric heats at the HOAs in the past. But, it has only been a handful and they usually run mod rubber I believe. With this race being at Kansas Speedway, it may bring out a few more.

Maybe ask in the Fastlane thread in the Kansas/Missouri forum to see which of the local racers are planning on attending.

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clintscreations Send a message via Yahoo to clintscreations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Nitro Sedan not electric...
i was talking about electric
i was asking cause i follow the link from another thread......i will delete my post if it causes this much suffering
kcrc - shawnee, ks
clintscreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintscreations View Post
i was talking about electric
i was asking cause i follow the link from another thread......i will delete my post if it causes this much suffering
Sorry wrong thread...
Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Sounds like a fun race.

Can we get a time schedule once it's ready?

Also, will there be a host hotel for the event with a discount? I'm betting with the race in town most places nearby will have inflated prices for the weekend.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
Tech Master

Default UPDATE

I've learned from the Speedway that we won't have to pre-register in order to get parking passes. They'll send me information on how they're going to work the parking later this week.

While it won't be necessary to formally pre-register, I'd appreciate it if folks who plan to attend could PM me here on the forums and let me know what classes they plan to run and, if possible, give me their e-mail address so I can send any info from the track directly to them. That will also help us plan for the turnout.

Because we're incurring a lot of extra expense for this event, race fees will be a little higher than past HOA events at Fastlane. First class will be $30; additional classes will be $15. As always, a portion of the entry goes to the HOA Series.

Classes will be 1/10 .12 nitro 4wd sedan, 1/8 scale on road Sports Car and 1/8 scale IGT. We will also run electric 4wd TC (rubber tires / open motor). Since it is an open wheel weekend, it would also be cool to see if we can get a number of electric F1 cars on the track. Electric classes are not part of the HOA Series.

There will be a guard on duty in our pit area Saturday night so anyone who wants to leave their pit trailer / pit equipment on site should be able to do so with confidence.

Track should be ready for practice by 8:30AM on both Saturday and Sunday. Qualifiers to start at 10:30 AM on Saturday and 10 AM on Sunday. We may adjust these times to make sure we wrap up both days before the main big car events on the Speedway once we see the turnout.

The Speedway won't sell tickets except as part of a two weekend package. I suggest anyone wanting to attend the Truck or IRL races who doesn't have tickets try Stub Hub as they are the official resale sight for NASCAR and ISC.

Having trouble getting any hotel discounts lined up near the track as it is a race weekend but I haven't given up yet...

That's all for now. More to follow as I get additional information from the Speedway.

See ya at the races......

Big Chuck
Fastlane Raceway
Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HOA Racers,

I have 2 tickets to the Truck race and two tickets to the IRL race. Both with parking passes if anyone is interested. The tickets are in section 205 (just past the start/finish line) row 63, under the press box in the shade.

PM me if interested.

Thanks
-Jim

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Mr. CHUCK could you please post your cell phone number, so when mass confussion sets in I have someone I can call to get in the gate.

Or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote