R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
Z
Tech Master

Less than one week to the start of the 2009 season.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can't wait, I'll see you all there.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evostyle View Post
Sounds like a fun race.

Can we get a time schedule once it's ready?

Also, will there be a host hotel for the event with a discount? I'm betting with the race in town most places nearby will have inflated prices for the weekend.

Hey Larry,

I have just moved to Kansas and I'm staying at the Holtze hotel in Overland Park, you might want to check this place out. who is making the trip with you, I have a sofa bed in my room if you need a place to stay.

Ira
Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I knew it wouldn't take Ira long to get back to racing. It won't be the same with you not around here but I'll manage.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
Tech Master

Default UPDATE

Here's the latest:

The Speedway has changed its mind and now wants all racers to have a special parking pass displayed in their vehicles in order to gain entrance to the parking area reserved for us. Since there isn't time to get everyone's address and mail the passes, we'll have to handle this as follows:

- Use the 110th ST exit from I-70 for the Speedway.
- As you approach the track there is a left hand bend in the road. In that area there is an entrance to your right with a guard shack which is not normally used for race weekends. Pull off at that entrance and we'll have someone stationed there with passes for racers beginning at 7 AM on Saturday. You will probably not be able to use that entrance and will have to rejoin the flow of traffic and be directed by track personnel to our area. If this won't work for you for some reason, drop me a PM and we'll try to work something out.

For those who asked about camping in our parking spot, unfortunately the Speedway won't change their policy on this. I've tried but camping or parking overnight is only allowed in the areas officially reserved for that purpose.

We're still looking at having the track ready for an 8:30 AM start on both Saturday and Sunday. Qualifying to start at 10:30 on Saturday and at 10:00 on Sunday. As stated earlier, there will be an area adjacent to the track (in the grass) for pit setup of trailers / tables / etc. Racers full scale cars and trucks will be parked in an area near the track (about 60' away). Like most parking lot racing, bring your own source of power and tables if you don't have a pit trailer.

If you need to reach me Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday use my cell 816-215-2616. Not sure how much I'll get on line. You can also call Scott Simon at 816-645-1033. He's probably going to be the guy meeting folks with pit passes.

Hope to see a good turnout for this opening round of the HOA Series. It should be a lot of fun.

Thanks......
BIGCHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
Hey Larry,

I have just moved to Kansas and I'm staying at the Holtze hotel in Overland Park, you might want to check this place out. who is making the trip with you, I have a sofa bed in my room if you need a place to stay.

Ira
Hey Ira!

We already have a room in Overland. Fabio and I will be getting in Friday night for the race. Glad to hear you'll be there. Can't wait to start running some nitro on-road again. See you then.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those that are a bit more visual:
CBear3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

Default ?

Does anyone know of a track i can race my cen nitro car near stevens point, wi. or a link for track locations? Thanx.
GTcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Just checked the weather and it's looking MARGINAL. Isolated t-storms SAT 30% chance precip.... Scattered t-storms SUN 40% chance precip. Let's hope it holds out.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Local news last night and this morning forecast a chance for rain after dark on Saturday night/early Sunday morning only.

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, we know there will be track dryers nearby...anybody know how to hotwire a truck?
CBear3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #27
Tech Master

We are talking about the weather in Kansas City here. It's difficult to predict this time of year 8 hrs in advance so I figure whatever it says now for the weekend is pretty certain to change. But just in case, maybe we should think about how to hotwire those track dryers......
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #28
Tech Master

Default THANKS FROM FASTLANE

WOW! Where do I start? What an insane weekend!

First, I hope all the racers had a great time. Sorry for the glitch with the speakers for the last 2 A Mains. Would have thought that with 3 amps and 5 speakers we could have kept some part of the PA system up and running but it didn't work out that way. I really appreciate the turnout in spite of the threatening weather and the cooperation from all the racers throughout the weekend. THANKS for coming out to play with us.

Then, how 'bout those spectators! It was great to see the crowds lining the track for every event and they were in to it! Oohs, gasps, and cheers at all the action on the track. You know we were drawing folks when the Speedway put up a refreshment cart near the track on Sunday when they saw the crowds on Saturday. I understand the races were even mentioned on some of the local radio stations broadcasting from the Speedway.

Next, congratulations to the class winners. I've got to confess I'm so fried I'm not sure who won each of the classes. I'll get the results from Scott and then get them posted.

I also want to thank Horizon Hobby and Castle Creations for their support for our "try R/C racing for yourself" oval track. Without their support we couldn't have managed to build and prepare 8 Losi Mini Late Models with Castle brushless systems for spectators to try R/C racing for themselves. Although the wind made it impossible on Sunday, over 100 folks got to try R/C racing for themselves on Saturday through this event. And they had a ball!

Finally, thanks to those who helped prepare for, set up and tear down the track. If you haven't done something like this before, you've got no idea how much work it is. It's impossible for one guy to do and takes a lot of help from folks both visible and those behind the scenes. I especially want to thank Arlynn Simon for all his hard work. Without his help and gentle prodding to keep moving this wouldn't have happened. Thanks also to Jim Hulse for a full day of painting and then set up and tear down help. Also to Larry Harnett and Tim Kristl for help with set up or tear down. Thanks also to Scott Simon for his setup / teardown help and for keeping Fastlane going while Arlynn and I did prep work for the weekend. To my son Chuck for helping with setup and getting the Mini Late Models ready so we could let spectators try some R/C oval racing on Saturday. Thanks to Shane Schmidt for his announing all weekend. Great job keeping everything on schedule. If I've missed someone I apologize and claim temporary insanity as my defense. You know I'm crazy because I'm already planning to do it again next year!

There are some pic's from the event at:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5733177-post27.html