Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I know this isnot the place, I have a v10 for sale!! pm me for details
bro foto pls n how much $$$?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Build Questions

Hi

Just wondering where everyone is installing their personel transponders? Also how to I get the bellcrank steering system pull up and down from lock to lock? Would a shim do it and if so on the top or underneath?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 07-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Found the best place for transponders for me is just stuck to the top of the steering servo.
As for the movement in the bellcrank, are you building a 2011 kit with the harder servo saver spring? If not try fitting one of those, I only really see movement in mine if I have to much lock dialed into my transmitter.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jas1
Found the best place for transponders for me is just stuck to the top of the steering servo.
As for the movement in the bellcrank, are you building a 2011 kit with the harder servo saver spring? If not try fitting one of those, I only really see movement in mine if I have to much lock dialed into my transmitter.
Hi

It's a 2010 model
Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

Just wondering where everyone is installing their personel transponders? Also how to I get the bellcrank steering system pull up and down from lock to lock? Would a shim do it and if so on the top or underneath?

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

if you have the enclosed reciever box put the transponder in with your reciever. Thats were i put mine with the enclosed box. Otherwise as Jas1 said place it on top of the steering servo.

Re the play in the bellcrank just place a shim at the top thats all i did to solve this.

Also just use the stock setup that it comes with it is very drivable straight out of the box with it.

ps - about time you got a real rc car

Cheers,
Michael
Old 07-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Guy had his first real outing with his Velox, Jeff helped stiffen the front diff and suggested we soften the rears a little more as the car's rear was stepping out exiting corners. I think it has a little to do with setup and driving style.

The Front pulley grub slipped again so now set two with loctite. Other than that the results were very promising, we were running the new capricorn engine on the rich side and times on a slippery track were very good.

Bring on the Queenslands.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi

Thanks
Andrew
I'm running my transponder on the back of my throttle servo under the top deck. It requires a little modification of the plastic brace, but works great and keeps it away from fuel. I'm using a RC4, should work with a MRT, not sure about the old AMB.

For the steering bellcrank, I've found that you need to put a couple shims between the bearing and top deck to eliminate all the slop. Hard spring as well.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hi Andrew,

if you have the enclosed reciever box put the transponder in with your reciever. Thats were i put mine with the enclosed box. Otherwise as Jas1 said place it on top of the steering servo.

Re the play in the bellcrank just place a shim at the top thats all i did to solve this.

Also just use the stock setup that it comes with it is very drivable straight out of the box with it.

ps - about time you got a real rc car

Cheers,
Michael
Hi Michael

It is just the standard kit so no receiver box at this stage and i will try the shims and see what difference it makes...

Real car.... LOL

Are you talking about the Edam cause that is the same car you drove or the Team Magic

Shepherd goes together very well, the plastic does have a Team Associated/Thunder Tiger look and feel to it though.

Andrew
Old 07-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Merrillizer
I'm running my transponder on the back of my throttle servo under the top deck. It requires a little modification of the plastic brace, but works great and keeps it away from fuel. I'm using a RC4, should work with a MRT, not sure about the old AMB.

For the steering bellcrank, I've found that you need to put a couple shims between the bearing and top deck to eliminate all the slop. Hard spring as well.
Thank you
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Shock Length

I have just finished adjusting the shocks to the lengths advised on the Shepherd website. Does anyone have a concern with 69.5mm on the front and not having much thread left on the bottom ball end?

Andrew
Old 07-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have just finished adjusting the shocks to the lengths advised on the Shepherd website. Does anyone have a concern with 69.5mm on the front and not having much thread left on the bottom ball end?

Andrew
Andrew are you using the correct ball ends cause i have heaps of thread in my front shocks, keep in mind the shock shafts are short on the front and long on the rear.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Andrew are you using the correct ball ends cause i have heaps of thread in my front shocks, keep in mind the shock shafts are short on the front and long on the rear.
Mike:

I did use the right shafts, as for the ball ends i am not sure, i just used the ones that came in the shock bags...

Here is a picture to show what i mean!

Thanks
Andrew
Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Mike:

I did use the right shafts, as for the ball ends i am not sure, i just used the ones that came in the shock bags...

Here is a picture to show what i mean!

Thanks
Andrew
Anyone? Feel the love for this bear....
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone? Feel the love for this bear....
correction I found it burried in their news section. I will go home and measure mine this evening.

Bundy,
Where are you getting that length from? I do not see it anywhere on the Website or the manual? I just built a set of those shocks and i have one thread showing on the piston.
Let me know.

George

Last edited by G87z; 07-07-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.