R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #1036
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,388
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default v10

I know this isnot the place, I have a v10 for sale!! pm me for details
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #1037
Tech Initiate
 
zosman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
I know this isnot the place, I have a v10 for sale!! pm me for details
bro foto pls n how much $$$?
__________________
My hobbies is Rc
zosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #1038
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Build Questions

Hi

Just wondering where everyone is installing their personel transponders? Also how to I get the bellcrank steering system pull up and down from lock to lock? Would a shim do it and if so on the top or underneath?

Thanks
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #1039
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: UK,the sunny north
Posts: 329
Default

Found the best place for transponders for me is just stuck to the top of the steering servo.
As for the movement in the bellcrank, are you building a 2011 kit with the harder servo saver spring? If not try fitting one of those, I only really see movement in mine if I have to much lock dialed into my transmitter.
__________________
Speedmerchant WGT
Shepherd V10 Velox Idm evo 4
Shepherd V8 velox Idm evo 4
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #1040
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1 View Post
Found the best place for transponders for me is just stuck to the top of the steering servo.
As for the movement in the bellcrank, are you building a 2011 kit with the harder servo saver spring? If not try fitting one of those, I only really see movement in mine if I have to much lock dialed into my transmitter.
Hi

It's a 2010 model
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #1041
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

Just wondering where everyone is installing their personel transponders? Also how to I get the bellcrank steering system pull up and down from lock to lock? Would a shim do it and if so on the top or underneath?

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

if you have the enclosed reciever box put the transponder in with your reciever. Thats were i put mine with the enclosed box. Otherwise as Jas1 said place it on top of the steering servo.

Re the play in the bellcrank just place a shim at the top thats all i did to solve this.

Also just use the stock setup that it comes with it is very drivable straight out of the box with it.

ps - about time you got a real rc car

Cheers,
Michael
Mike Schroder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #1042
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Guy had his first real outing with his Velox, Jeff helped stiffen the front diff and suggested we soften the rears a little more as the car's rear was stepping out exiting corners. I think it has a little to do with setup and driving style.

The Front pulley grub slipped again so now set two with loctite. Other than that the results were very promising, we were running the new capricorn engine on the rich side and times on a slippery track were very good.

Bring on the Queenslands.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #1043
Tech Regular
 
Merrillizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

Just wondering where everyone is installing their personel transponders? Also how to I get the bellcrank steering system pull up and down from lock to lock? Would a shim do it and if so on the top or underneath?

Thanks
Andrew
I'm running my transponder on the back of my throttle servo under the top deck. It requires a little modification of the plastic brace, but works great and keeps it away from fuel. I'm using a RC4, should work with a MRT, not sure about the old AMB.

For the steering bellcrank, I've found that you need to put a couple shims between the bearing and top deck to eliminate all the slop. Hard spring as well.
__________________
I keep a fresh can of alphabet soup in my pit bag.
Merrillizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #1044
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schroder View Post
Hi Andrew,

if you have the enclosed reciever box put the transponder in with your reciever. Thats were i put mine with the enclosed box. Otherwise as Jas1 said place it on top of the steering servo.

Re the play in the bellcrank just place a shim at the top thats all i did to solve this.

Also just use the stock setup that it comes with it is very drivable straight out of the box with it.

ps - about time you got a real rc car

Cheers,
Michael
Hi Michael

It is just the standard kit so no receiver box at this stage and i will try the shims and see what difference it makes...

Real car.... LOL

Are you talking about the Edam cause that is the same car you drove or the Team Magic

Shepherd goes together very well, the plastic does have a Team Associated/Thunder Tiger look and feel to it though.

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 AM   #1045
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrillizer View Post
I'm running my transponder on the back of my throttle servo under the top deck. It requires a little modification of the plastic brace, but works great and keeps it away from fuel. I'm using a RC4, should work with a MRT, not sure about the old AMB.

For the steering bellcrank, I've found that you need to put a couple shims between the bearing and top deck to eliminate all the slop. Hard spring as well.
Thank you
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #1046
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Shock Length

I have just finished adjusting the shocks to the lengths advised on the Shepherd website. Does anyone have a concern with 69.5mm on the front and not having much thread left on the bottom ball end?

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 AM   #1047
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
I have just finished adjusting the shocks to the lengths advised on the Shepherd website. Does anyone have a concern with 69.5mm on the front and not having much thread left on the bottom ball end?

Andrew
Andrew are you using the correct ball ends cause i have heaps of thread in my front shocks, keep in mind the shock shafts are short on the front and long on the rear.
Mike Schroder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #1048
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schroder View Post
Andrew are you using the correct ball ends cause i have heaps of thread in my front shocks, keep in mind the shock shafts are short on the front and long on the rear.
Mike:

I did use the right shafts, as for the ball ends i am not sure, i just used the ones that came in the shock bags...

Here is a picture to show what i mean!



Thanks
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #1049
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,683
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Mike:

I did use the right shafts, as for the ball ends i am not sure, i just used the ones that came in the shock bags...

Here is a picture to show what i mean!



Thanks
Andrew
Anyone? Feel the love for this bear....
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #1050
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Anyone? Feel the love for this bear....
correction I found it burried in their news section. I will go home and measure mine this evening.

Bundy,
Where are you getting that length from? I do not see it anywhere on the Website or the manual? I just built a set of those shocks and i have one thread showing on the piston.
Let me know.

George
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC

Last edited by G87z; 07-07-2011 at 09:26 AM.
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro On-Road Addict sa RC Manila Racers 12522 12-27-2015 06:51 PM
Sheperd Velox moy Nitro On-Road 585 04-19-2012 10:51 AM
Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10 Geberit Nitro On-Road 27 07-06-2009 05:28 PM
Upgrade/ RCiD ryno1922 Nitro On-Road 26 03-31-2009 02:49 PM
Shepherd Velox V10 macaurc Nitro On-Road 31 03-02-2009 09:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:33 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net