Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pro Models - I know Patrick and I used the stock clutch. I don't know if Jilles used a different one. Ielasi may have used his own but again I am not sure... Little things I think we are working on is the fit of the bearings in the uprights and possibly aftermarket parts to reduce spinning weight. Of course, if you know Alex and I we are completely nuts at wanting to test lots of things so really it just depends how much Patrick lets us go crazy...lol... Let's put it this way, it's little stuff that easily goes on the existing car - Nothing major as we already had a really, really good result the first time out.

Set-up sheet. I will work on asap!!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes
Old 03-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Josh thanks for the info. Looking forward to having the upright bearing fit solved and also less rotating mass
Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Shepherd Velox V10 Greek Gold Edition

If you want to see more pictures click here.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nikoskar

Very nicely done!
Old 03-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikoskar

NIce look!
I wonder if we will need to wear gold necklaces, watches and rings to race this one???
I was a little surprised that the body wasnt gold also!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default front rim rubbing on shock balljoint!

Team shepherd! do u guys run the outside shock mounting hole on the lower arm? like the manual says.....with the shock mounted there the frnt rim will rub the balljoint at about 95% turn left or right...ive tried more than 1 style rim also... i had to dremel the balljoint plastic to almost nothing to stop the rubbing....i c on the gold edition v10 he has his frnt shocks mounted in the inner hole in the lower arm...wht do u guys do? how will handeling b affected with the shock mounted in the inner hole? thought ill ask since we still havent seen a single setup yet from any team drivers
Old 03-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Team shepherd! do u guys run the outside shock mounting hole on the lower arm? like the manual says.....with the shock mounted there the frnt rim will rub the balljoint at about 95% turn left or right...ive tried more than 1 style rim also... i had to dremel the balljoint plastic to almost nothing to stop the rubbing....i c on the gold edition v10 he has his frnt shocks mounted in the inner hole in the lower arm...wht do u guys do? how will handeling b affected with the shock mounted in the inner hole? thought ill ask since we still havent seen a single setup yet from any team drivers
Yes, this is a problem. You will notice that on the only published team driver setup, Jilles runs them on the inside hole also. I tried different rims, different brand ball joints, and it still rubbed againts the rim.

But hey, Shepherd are quick to blow their trumpet about the pre-worlds and publish there results, and new team drivers, etc etc, but very quiet when it comes to supporting the average Joe driver, and addressing such issues. Its been 1 month, how hard would it be for one of the team drivers who regularly visit these forums to post a quick setup.

I had two V10s, I sold one, and have another brand new one in the box which I will sell shortly. I have gone to the 733, and the quality for an "Asian" manufacturered car is much much better then what this "German" built car is.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Yes, this is a problem. You will notice that on the only published team driver setup, Jilles runs them on the inside hole also. I tried different rims, different brand ball joints, and it still rubbed againts the rim.

But hey, Shepherd are quick to blow their trumpet about the pre-worlds and publish there results, and new team drivers, etc etc, but very quiet when it comes to supporting the average Joe driver, and addressing such issues. Its been 1 month, how hard would it be for one of the team drivers who regularly visit these forums to post a quick setup.

I had two V10s, I sold one, and have another brand new one in the box which I will sell shortly. I have gone to the 733, and the quality for an "Asian" manufacturered car is much much better then what this "German" built car is.
Nova how would you rate the 2 on performance.......honest opinion since you owned both......
Old 03-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I believe every car has this issue at one point or another, wheels flex and the manufacturers are limited on space to design anything different. kyosho has since the car switched to foam I believe.

inner hole will stand the shock up more which is usually good for corner speed, it makes it stiffer since there is less leverage against it.

I was at the pre-worlds, the car looked amazing although I believe Xray has a little more to bring to the track in the future but Josh is well known for his creativity and now that he knows the track you should see some cefx parts shortly.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Novarossi

it hasnt been a month at all since the pre worlds at all, funny how the car people are driving is the best youve ever driven till you sell it for something else, i have never come across the perfect car yet and include the 733 in that.
the guys at shepherd have built a great car that has just proved its self to be competetive, i sent an email over to patrick at shepherd last week and had a reply within the hour, you dont get that support from any other manufacturer, so diss them if you like but i wont be listening any more

the snake has had its day, shepherd is the future
Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jas1
it hasnt been a month at all since the pre worlds at all, funny how the car people are driving is the best youve ever driven till you sell it for something else, i have never come across the perfect car yet and include the 733 in that.
the guys at shepherd have built a great car that has just proved its self to be competetive, i sent an email over to patrick at shepherd last week and had a reply within the hour, you dont get that support from any other manufacturer, so diss them if you like but i wont be listening any more

the snake has had its day, shepherd is the future
This is true, every car has some issues at some point. Remember 733 fuel tank and one way bearing! And the affair with rusty parts at Xray's NT-1 WC edition (read Xray forum) that was funny stuff to read

I think all the cars are grate and all have a issue or two but that's how it is with racing cars that are pushed to the limit.

And in my opinion the worse thing that a racing driver can do is to switch brands too often (every year). You lose all the set-up data plus new feeling for the car and new composition of elements (longer maintenance times)...

As I read this forums I see that the majority of posts are of a subjective nature and here and there you get a real objective statement served with real background! But anyway I like to reed all the stuff just to see how people over the world react.

Chears
Old 03-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
This is true, every car has some issues at some point. Remember 733 fuel tank and one way bearing! And the affair with rusty parts at Xray's NT-1 WC edition (read Xray forum) that was funny stuff to read

I think all the cars are grate and all have a issue or two but that's how it is with racing cars that are pushed to the limit.

And in my opinion the worse thing that a racing driver can do is to switch brands too often (every year). You lose all the set-up data plus new feeling for the car and new composition of elements (longer maintenance times)...

As I read this forums I see that the majority of posts are of a subjective nature and here and there you get a real objective statement served with real background! But anyway I like to reed all the stuff just to see how people over the world react.

Chears
I couldn't find it on "Xray forum". Have you got a link?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I couldn't find it on "Xray forum". Have you got a link?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
here you go: http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=9734

Cheers
Old 03-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Has nothing to do with Xray, the guy states the parts were rust free when he got the kit, after a week some rust appeared.
If you put untreated steel in a damp environment for a week it will rust, even the super optimized special Xray steel.

Xray packs all steel parts with a special piece of paper which absorbs moisture so the parts won't corrode in the package.

I think the guys at Shepherd are doing all they can to give the drivers the best possible support, but at first they only had one car, now they have two so double the work but probably with the same crew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.