R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

I havent done anything to cover up the tranny ect yet. though here is my Rally NTC3 pretty much ready to roll.
thank you hpi for makeing the fastest paintjob ever.. paint it white, then everything else is a sticker lol.

i still have to do some mods to the radio tray but this will be done in time with another project im doing.
Right now the car has my Savox 1257 and 1258 servos in place, GensEco 1300mah Lipo and the BEC for that. so i need to redesign the electronic layout to make room for the BEC which right now is taped to the top of the RX box.

probably gonna go with a electric tc style assembly, then make a cover thats water tight.

the other project is to make the ntc3 driveline work with my TC5 suspension parts. ive retired that car from onroad as i have to replace a ton of parts. chassis, top deck, many bearings ect, so gonna copy the chassis but add ntc3 drivetrain mounting holes, design a new top deck and radio tray in hopes of running that car in our outdoor onroad season this year.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

hey valk love the corolla! i need to get some pics of my GV2000 wrx up at some stage. its nothing compared to what some of you guys have, but it spends more time off-road than on road
buzzbox87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Valk looking good Bro!
Jake C6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

kinda sad though. ive only played with the car twice and the tires are almost worn down. hpi rally tires are just WAY too soft if your car goes onroad at all. i have the whole center stripe almost gone now.. so hopefully when the snow comes it will still move.

no biggie though. apparently you can boil the wheels to kill the glue? i might get some tamiya rally blocks next time as they are much harder and should last a bit more.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #65
Tech Elite

little bit of resurrection but i still have my rally car going, this time electric though as the nitro is a bit of a pita to haul around/play with.
this my low bux low precision conversion to electric for $20. which is more than it needed to be, just couldnt get the alu in less than 3ft lol.
hacksaw to cut, dremel to clean up.

drilled new holes in the two speed bell for mounting standard spurs. just use one of the input shaft bearings to center it, tighten them down and its good to go. tighten down the two speed all the way so its always engaged.

i also used the stock shocks, but cut the inside plastic in half, filed it down so it fit right at the bottom of the shock body. they leak, but only the old oring in there. with new orings shouldnt leak much.
gained 5mm more shock travel, and it can reach the lowest point without using the body mounts for shock mounts.
running really soft team magic springs to start out, might upgrade to 10th buggy springs in the future.

Car handles like shit on the road with the rideheight and tires, goes pretty good off road and the 8 turn motor im using is enough to bbq the tires at any speed ha.
gotta work on setup now. make an onroad car work more like an offroad one.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #66
Tech Elite

round 1 of the electric conversion not so good lol. the motor mount would move if you jumped the car and acrylic battery holders either shattered on hard landings ors simply left the vehicle not to be found lol.

round 2 involves a more elaborate custom motor mount that uses a central balldif. this can be changed to a geardif ect, i simply used a balldif because i had 235476 of them, and ntc3 difs can accept any 6 hole touring car spurgear. if i dont like the dif action i can swap out difballs for a pair of slipper pads. no biggie.

i made this out of mdf first to ensure compatability with the hardware then transfered the peices onto cutting board plastic with a high speed router and flush cut bit.

would looove for this car to stay nitro, but local offroad track says no way.. so electric is here to stay, though, its still an ntc3 otherwise. all suspension and driveline parts are stock ntc3 =)

still to come.. making a battery retaining system using the same plastic. ill also make a electronics box/servo mount to keep everything safe. car should be running in a few more days unless im lazy.