R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default car revs, but won't move

hey guys, i have a kyosho evo 2 rrr...my issue...

start the car up, hit the acceleration on controller, and the car won't move, just revs....
Now....I checked the linkage and is fine, carby is fine, its not the brakes, car rolls freely when pushing it, flywheel spins when doing it manually by hand, pinions spin doing it manually by hand, the controller settings are fine and I'm out of ideas...my friend told me its too rich and to lean it (haven't had a chance to do that yet) but was wondering for any other opinions for when I do test it again...

thanks
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

check to see that the clutch is engaging the clutch bell if it starts and run it should not be that it too rich even a rich motor will make the car go you may have to much play in the clutch bell if so the clutch shoe cant make it out to engage correctly
Roadrash730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beers4evo View Post
hey guys, i have a kyosho evo 2 rrr...my issue...

start the car up, hit the acceleration on controller, and the car won't move, just revs....
Now....I checked the linkage and is fine, carby is fine, its not the brakes, car rolls freely when pushing it, flywheel spins when doing it manually by hand, pinions spin doing it manually by hand, the controller settings are fine and I'm out of ideas...my friend told me its too rich and to lean it (haven't had a chance to do that yet) but was wondering for any other opinions for when I do test it again...

thanks
- what do u mean by flywheel spins when doing manually? the flywheel is not secure onto the engine crank shaft?

- it could be ur engine really in v rich mode!

- how big is the gap between ur clutch shoe to ur clutch bell?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah i guess i missed the flywheel part, if you spin the flywheel it should turn over the motor and some time the presure used to start against the startbox will be enough to start it but if its not secure enough when you let of the box the flywheel will spin on the crank shaft
Roadrash730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrash730 View Post
check to see that the clutch is engaging the clutch bell if it starts and run it should not be that it too rich even a rich motor will make the car go you may have to much play in the clutch bell if so the clutch shoe cant make it out to engage correctly
Sounds like your clutch shoe is not grabbing the clutch bell. This can be caused by a few issues.

1. You may have the clutch spring to tight and it is not allowing the weights to overcome the spring tension enough for the clutch shoe to reach the clutch bell.

2. You may have to much gap between the shoe and bell or the end gap between the thrust bearing and clutch retainer. This can cause the same problem. When the motor spools up if there is is to much gap between the shoe and bell the spring won't allow the shoe to reach the bell. If too much end gap then the bell will move too far out and again the shoe may not reach or just reach the bell but not enough to fully engage.

3. The flywheel is not secured and it is spinning on the engine shaft. Check the engine collet to be sure it is not longer than the depth of the flywheel. If it is this is not allowing the flywheel nut to completely secure the flywheel down. You may have to grind down the collet a bit to get it to the right depth so that you can tighten down the flywheel properly. Just be very sure to grind it down evenly or you'll end up having a flywheel which mounts out of center and that will create a whole other problem.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Speyederjedi
SWEEP Tires
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote