Search

RD/Richey racing engine update

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RD/Richey racing engine update

Well here is an update for you all.
First off we are working very hard on the new engine. It is taking some time (more than we would like) to get it all together. David at Rd and Myself have been working out the details for a while and the first parts for the first 25 protoypes should be arriving soon. These first 25 will be the torture test engines by our selected drivers. Trust me they will get abused. Barring all goes well we will be turning on the parts pipe. I know many of you have been asking about it for a while now but we just want to make sure that you will be getting the best product for the best price. we have had discussions about what level of technology to use on certain parts, material limitations and the like and have settled on the best value and performance materials that are required to do the job and not necessarily on the most wiz bang technology. The question has been from day one what does it take to give the performance of the best that is available in a 12 engine at a price that is reasonable and can get the job done for the average racer and the pro who pays his way out of his own pocket every year. We understand that its the little guys that make the Hobby go round.

Thanks for your support we are on it.
Look for something new in tuned pipes from RD in the near future. it just keeps getting better.

without the support of David,Ken and the Rd logic crew it wouldn't be happening. It don't get any better than this.

what would you like to see Rd logic come out with for your favorite car. If it isnt available tell us and we will see if its doable.

Regards
Dennis Richey

Last edited by Motorman; 10-09-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds good Dennis. With the new NS motor running $250 now a cheaper high performance alternative would be welcome!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

by the way hows your MT running is it still alive??
Old 10-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default engine

Thanks for the update, I will be waiting as I am sure many others are too.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
by the way hows your MT running is it still alive??
LOL It is pretty worn out feeling and looking now. It has eaten two rods. I raced a guy with a pretty fresh RS12 S3 the other day and was pulling him in on the back straight, this with a 2.5 year old MT12!!! Also remember I told ya that I had a runaway with this motor as well and have not changed the p/s.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

LOL
yea they were pretty bad ass out of the box. Never had any returned.
LOL
well maybe 2 or 3 out of a few hundred but it was for nova qc issues outa my control
fixed em and all was good.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: RD/Richey racing engine update

Originally posted by Motorman
what would you like to see Rd logic come out with for your favorite car. If it isnt available tell us and we will see if its doable.
I would like to see a few parts for the Kyosho V1RR EVO. Dunno how popular this car is in the states tho......... Popular in my neck of the woods.

I really would like to see an adjustable blade style rear swaybar for the Kyosho. Also a fixed rear tower (like on the V1R) with a way more layed down shock position would be good.......

Oh yeah rear hubs with shims for adjustment a la the MTX3.........

Old 10-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks for the update, I'm sure the engines will be pretty badass. Maybe I'll pick one up when I'm back into RC's.

BTW, I still have not fully broken in the RTU...
Old 10-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello Guys
If you have to buy a new .12 to race on road, what would you buy?
I have a Nova Mega MS. and it is running superb, I race with a mugen MTX-2 but I will like to have a new engine just in case.
I had before a Nova Rossi JP.
I use for the MS a TP03 pipe. Seems to work fine. With the JP
I had to use an X-12 pipe.
Our track has everything. Long straightaways and also need lots of mid range for the inside parts of the track.
For me the Nova Mega MS works better all around.
What will you recomend.
What about a Sirio.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Dennis,

Still haven't had a chance to run that .15. I'm about ready to put it in my 1/8 scale.[bwahahaha]

I know it is way far into the future but after you get the bugs ironed out of the .12 are you guys considering .21 motors at all?
Old 10-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Dennis

Would like to see RD Logics produce metal diff and drive pinion gears for the Associated NTC3.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default mtx3 stuff

i'd like to see a v1rr rear pod conversion kit for the mugen and front top A arms for the mugen that have no slop. also a good quality rear blade type sway bar for the mtx3. the 3 racing one is too weak on blade stiffness adjustments.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I wouldnt mind seeing some stuff developed for the Serpent 835. Like a better Reciever holder, revised rear arms and hubs that allow more shock positions... and adjustable roll center front end.

Also a Richey 15 would be lovely!!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
I wouldnt mind seeing some stuff developed for the Serpent 835. Like a better Reciever holder, revised rear arms and hubs that allow more shock positions... and adjustable roll center front end.

Also a Richey 15 would be lovely!!!!
You still got a tourer man? We need to go kick Martins ass before you head off
Old 10-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I dont have one now.... but I'm sure we could build something runable out of your parts box....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.