R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder
It's tough to beat the Murnan NS12. I have yet to see an engine that could keep up.
What engine teardown is that based off of?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #17
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would replace the engine when the pin diameter dropped below .174 inches.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Default RE: Running in Sirio evo 3 engine

Hi there,

I'm a 1st timer in nitro cars.. Can anyone help me to get started with a new .12 sirio evo 3 engine. Its so difficult to get it to start as when it ignites, it will run for a while and get stuck again. I've to ease the flywheel most of the time and its very frustrating.

Currently I'm using novarossi pipe with 7 fin manifold supposedly to match with my old picco IDM but its broken now, therefore I've to use it with this new sirio evo3 engine. Is it ok??? Pls advice... thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Raymond Chan
(Malaysian driver)
raychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raychan View Post
Hi there,

I'm a 1st timer in nitro cars.. Can anyone help me to get started with a new .12 sirio evo 3 engine. Its so difficult to get it to start as when it ignites, it will run for a while and get stuck again. I've to ease the flywheel most of the time and its very frustrating.

Currently I'm using novarossi pipe with 7 fin manifold supposedly to match with my old picco IDM but its broken now, therefore I've to use it with this new sirio evo3 engine. Is it ok??? Pls advice... thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Raymond Chan
(Malaysian driver)
Your piston is locking at the top of the sleeve because of the tight compression. This is normal when starting a new engine. When you have the motor started just tune the carb to a rich setting and make sure the engine high idles.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:38 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Default RE Evo III Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Your piston is locking at the top of the sleeve because of the tight compression. This is normal when starting a new engine. When you have the motor started just tune the carb to a rich setting and make sure the engine high idles.
Thks, I've manage to break in today... It seemed running alright now. I did a few runs on road still running rich and already I can feel its power. It's quite a nice engine. I wonder which one is better: Sirio EvoIII or Picco IDM??

Cheers,
Raymond Chan
raychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by raychan View Post
Thks, I've manage to break in today... It seemed running alright now. I did a few runs on road still running rich and already I can feel its power. It's quite a nice engine. I wonder which one is better: Sirio EvoIII or Picco IDM??

Cheers,
Raymond Chan
I have raced the Sirio Evo 3 STI and the IDM. Sirio gives a smoother power delivery. IDM has better bottom end. At least the same if not better top end, and better fuel economy. The Evo 3 IDM is a really good racing engine.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

where can I buy these engines, anyone shop on line carry them? How many gallons on average can you they go with out a rebuild. Im in the market for a new engine in my rrr
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
where can I buy these engines, anyone shop on line carry them? How many gallons on average can you they go with out a rebuild. Im in the market for a new engine in my rrr
Sirio or IDM?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

the sirio engines and which one do you suggest
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
the sirio engines and which one do you suggest
If you are going to use Sirio engines, get the Evo 4, or the Evo 3 STI. The Evo 4 is available from murnan right now unmodified. I am not sure who would have the Evo 3 STI available right now. Contact Kyosho America and they will be able to help you find a hobby store with the engine. You could buy it straight off the Kyosho/Shopatron website, but my guess is that you will find it for less money from a hobby shop.

For the IDM, go to www.teamxspower.com They are the importer and will be able to steer you as to where to find the engine.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
If you are going to use Sirio engines, get the Evo 4, or the Evo 3 STI. The Evo 4 is available from murnan right now unmodified. I am not sure who would have the Evo 3 STI available right now. Contact Kyosho America and they will be able to help you find a hobby store with the engine. You could buy it straight off the Kyosho/Shopatron website, but my guess is that you will find it for less money from a hobby shop.

For the IDM, go to www.teamxspower.com They are the importer and will be able to steer you as to where to find the engine.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Scott's pretty much right on the engines. They are both good motors. See you in a few weeks Scott, save me a spot.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRUZ View Post
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Scott's pretty much right on the engines. They are both good motors. See you in a few weeks Scott, save me a spot.
Marc Cruz lives!!!!

I always save you a spot. See you at Airtronics.

Happy Holidays Marc.