Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V one RR Evolution or MTX-3 >

V one RR Evolution or MTX-3

V one RR Evolution or MTX-3

Old 12-16-2003, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
What a Dick Head!!!!!!!!!

Its called racing development, do you seriously expect that Mugen won't produce anything for the winter nats!

Strange how you Mugen boys can sing the praises of the car that you choose to drive, but others are'nt allowed to for the car of their choice. Seems to me that you guys have a big chip on your shoulder, or is it just envy!

I personally think its going to be an interesting year in 200mm RC, and we can all benefit from it, so stop whinning and enjoy!
oh you are talking about D ? where is he?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by sparksy
Is your head stuck up your arse?

People will always say the car they drive is better. Why? Most people want validation for the money they have spent. And dont like to hear their thousands of dollars has gone to waste.

Who gives a shit how many world champs or big events are won or lost by whatever manufacturer.. its not the car that realy wins, its the driver. Take a look at your local tracks and have a good look at what is running. Chances are its mugen. Does that make the mugen better than all the other cars? No. It just means that more people are happy with the results they have found with it, or they are too afraid to try something new or different.

I'm a bit of a slut when it comes to what car I race. Ive owned and raced most of the bigger brands touring cars, and I have to tell you, not one of them is better than the other, just different. They all have one advantage over the other, and they all have a weekness that the other cars dont. Its just a matter of making an informed descision and taking the risk.

I wonder why people are so defensive of their cars brand, its not like 99.99% of us get paid by the manufacturers to run them.

We all do realise that the latest car wont win the race for us dont we? Nor will hundreds of dollars of hop ups. The only thing that will is knowledge and track time... So choose a car that has the better support and knowledge base in your area. It doesnt have to be the newest evolution of a particular brand. Even if Mugen do release an updated version on the MTX3, it doesnt mean everyone needs it.

I find it amusing that the frequency that a manufacturer releases a new kit could be a down side...

All manufactures bring out new cars every 12-24 months, wether they are complete new kits, or just a revision of the older model.

Impulse, impulse pro, impulse pro carbon, 705, 710...
v-one-r, v-one-r grp, v-one-rr, v-one-rr gt, v-one-rr evo...
Mtx2, mtx2 prospec, mtx3.

Mugen might not come out with a new car as often as the others, but lets face it.. 12 months of racing a chassis, its more cost effective to buy a new kit, than replace all the worn parts. So new release or not, no one is forced to make a new purchase, but those that choose to may have the option to pick up a newer edition to their car.
So whats your point Sparksy, thats just a long winded way of agreeing with my comments!
Old 12-16-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Corse-R
No matter how high and loud they praise that was a really brand new car. HA! was a gross evolution of their proven previous car, and the worst of all is that time puts everything on their place, and the 705 is on the trashbin with the new 710 car on the market and they reckon on the 710 thread that design of the 710 was the result of 2 years of work (remember when 705 was launched? around a year???). We'll see what happens with their 710 and their weak rear A-arms.
I can't resist putting some of your ramblings in perspective.

The following comes off MyTSN from the 705 product main page and the 705 product info page:

Successor of the 'Class defining' Impulse PRO
The SERPENT 705 is the latest version of the class defining Impulse PRO. Incorporating many of the new features that were developed for the winning cars at the 2002 ROAR On Road Nationals. With the '705' Team Serpent will stay ahead of its challengers in the highly competitive 200mm Sedan class.

Performance through Evolution
Refinement is the key word when describing the Serpent 705. Heavily based on the ROAR National winning Impulse Pro, the car has been further enhanced with changes to the lower center of gravity, chassis stiffness and the cars overall weight.

There is no reference anywhere in the Serpent site that states, or ever has, the 705 is a new car....

705 were launched and all the Impulse PRO gang jumped into the bandwagon of the 705 with the promise of a faster, meaner car, easier to setup and lighter... Naaah! what kind of BS was those words.
The 705 was lighter (new 2-speed and centax), easier to work on (due to the new radiotray).

That Serpent, as do other manufacturers, works on new projects while evolutions of present models are sold should not be a suprise.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Well said Julius and nicely clarified.

As I said earlier its racing development and we the paying public are the ones that ultimately benefit. Serpent are the team that have the courage to innovate and develop, occassionaly they may get it wrong but if it wasn't for their foresight then we wouldn't be driving the type of cars that we are now, so instead of constantly trying to knock Serpent how about showing a little appreciation for the contribution that they have given to this hobby!

Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Because your'll always be chasing the Serpent 710!

Your 2 cents too?

Old 12-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

so instead of constantly trying to knock Serpent how about showing a little appreciation for the contribution that they have given to this hobby!
by the same token, one shouldn’t constantly brag about having a “superior” serpent car. here is one good example:

Because your'll always be chasing the Serpent 710!
that sort of attitude certainly will upset others. it is very possible that i will be chasing a serpent car someday but i don’t think you will be driving it. good car not necessary make one becomes a great driver over night.

serpent does deserve credits on being innovative as far as car design but not the credits for promoting the hobby as popular as it is today.

and here is my 2 cents: serpent cars are fine, some of its owner are not.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Data
by the same token, one shouldn’t constantly brag about having a “superior” serpent car. here is one good example:
If you notice the smilies at the end of my comment your'll see I was having a laugh, or is that not allowed these days!!!!!

As a matter of interest this topic was layed to rest weeks ago, perhaps you've only just returned to our orbit Data.

that sort of attitude certainly will upset others. it is very possible that i will be chasing a serpent car someday but i don’t think you will be driving it. good car not necessary make one becomes a great driver over night.
Of course you've seen me racing!!!!!!

serpent does deserve credits on being innovative as far as car design but not the credits for promoting the hobby as popular as it is today.
No one was giving Serpent the credit for making the hobby as popular as it is today, the point that was being made is that a lot of the features on today's cars were introduced by Serpent and for that they should be given credit. doh

That is true of any manufacturers car owners, are your comments any better????????

I don't think so.

Practice what you preach.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:07 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Strange how you Mugen boys can sing the praises of the car that you choose to drive, but others are'nt allowed to for the car of their choice. Seems to me that you guys have a big chip on your shoulder, or is it just envy!
Yap, we Mugen boys love the MTX-3 like our sons, we will never say anything bad towards the car. Oops, in fact, we CAN'T, because we are all obligated to Mugen Seiki Japan under the contract.

Jeez, take a close look at the thread that many of us post. Many of us, including myself, have many things to complain about the Mugen as well.

Again, I know that you have been in the serpent forum lately... I pisses me off to hear what is said sometimes...If I am jealous, then I have no problems ditching the mugen and buying the serpent...I am not that stupid that i cannot operate an ebay account.

No car is perfect, and it is silly for anyone to make their preffered company as their religion. We are all here to enjoy the hobby, everyone has chosen the car that he/she drives because of obvious reasons.

Not to pick on serpent drivers in particular, this situation can be found lots on the forum...
Old 12-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you notice the smilies at the end of my comment your'll see I was having a laugh, or is that not allowed these days!!!!!
yeah i saw the smilies but not sure which kinds of laugh it is and even if it is not allowed, will it stop you ?

As a matter of interest this topic was layed to rest weeks ago, perhaps you've only just returned to our orbit Data.
you must be a politician, making a comment and claim not responsible weeks later. "data" is just a nick name and i don’t think you want to start making fun of other people’s nick name. by the way, diesel engines are efficient but they are very noisy and not very popular.

Of course you've seen me racing!!!!!!
sure……

No one was giving Serpent the credit for making the hobby as popular as it is today, the point that was being made is that a lot of the features on today's cars were introduced by Serpent and for that they should be given credit. Doh
if you insist on being innovative and making something become popular are the same thing, i have nothing more to say. when Professor Zadeh came up with the concept of fuzzy logic back in the 60’, it was just an mathematic amusement, and nowadays you see application of fuzzy logic everywhere, washing machines, evaluators, trains etc., and I don’t think Professor Zadeh has anything to do with it.

That is true of any manufacturers car owners, are your comments any better????????
please don’t put words in my mouth, i never claim my comments are any better. they are just comments, those "2 cents" things.

Practice what you preach.
again, please don’t twist my post, i wasn't preaching anything, just giving my views. i will leave the preaching to you
Old 12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

this is what actually make serpent looks real bad, !
Old 12-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

sure……

Aah' I remember you now, your the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Data, I may not be the fastest guy on the track but I enjoy my racing which is what it's all about, would'nt you agree?
Old 12-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

by the way, diesel engines are efficient but they are very noisy and not very popular.
They also blow a lot of smoke !
Old 12-17-2003, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Aah' I remember you now, your the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else.
nah, you got the wrong guy, it was evolution you were thinking about. he really is better than everyone else, as far as........

Data, I may not be the fastest guy on the track but I enjoy my racing which is what it's all about, would'nt you agree? [/B]
absolutely
Old 12-17-2003, 02:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

it was evolution you were thinking about. he really is better than everyone else
Thanks for your support dear.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
They also blow a lot of smoke !
only smoke? i wonder !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.