R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-18-2003, 08:49 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Serpent vs. Mugen vs. Yokomo vs. Kyosho

I want to buy a Yokomo GT4W2L, but someone told me yokomo isn't that good at nitro. Also I heard ppl saying Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho are good, but it's hard to get their parts here.
Anyone can tell me is Yokomo a good one to get or not? Anyone out there drove it yet? Is it good?
Well, I have a Yokomo Electric right now, that's y I want to get a Nitro Yokomo. But if Yokomo isn't good at Nitro, I might get a Kyosho. Help me.....which one is good? Thanks.
ckh1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:31 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Default Re: Serpent vs. Mugen vs. Yokomo vs. Kyosho

Quote:
Originally posted by ckh1328
I want to buy a Yokomo GT4W2L, but someone told me yokomo isn't that good at nitro. Also I heard ppl saying Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho are good, but it's hard to get their parts here.
Anyone can tell me is Yokomo a good one to get or not? Anyone out there drove it yet? Is it good?
Well, I have a Yokomo Electric right now, that's y I want to get a Nitro Yokomo. But if Yokomo isn't good at Nitro, I might get a Kyosho. Help me.....which one is good? Thanks.
The Yokomo is an older design but the car can still perform in the right hands, over here in the UK it has done very well winning the previous 2 years Scale Rubber championship, won this year by a TM G4. The car doesn't appear to be quite so good on Foams judging by their lack of presence in that class. I would think that Yokomo must be fairly close to releasing a newer car to compete with the likes of Serpent, Mugen and TM G4, the fact the Yokomo are now offering a few different RTR versions probably confirms that.

Your'll also notice that Yokomo forum is pretty dead in the nitro section on RC Tech.

These are only my opinions so don't take it as gospel.

Regards

Mark
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks. You said Yokomo should be releasing a new version of Nitro car? So should I get a GT4W2L now or wait for a newer car? If they will release a newer car, how much longer do u think for them to release it? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ckh1328
Thanks. You said Yokomo should be releasing a new version of Nitro car? So should I get a GT4W2L now or wait for a newer car? If they will release a newer car, how much longer do u think for them to release it? Thanks.
I'm only guessing that Yokomo will release a new car because at the end of the day they are a competitive racing company and their existing design is long in the tooth, but has received various updates to try and keep it on the pace. With the advent of the Serpent 710, MTX3, TM G4 etc, Yokomo will need to do something to stay competitive.

Personally I would scour the YokomoUSA site looking for hints or rumours of a new car and then make a decision based on that. There is normally an element of truth to most rumours (although not always)

Sorry I can't be anymore positive than that, but at the end of the day cars are a personal choice which people have different reasons for choosing, sometimes you just need to go with your gut feeling.

Good luck
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:57 PM   #6
Que
Tech Adept

Default Serpent all the way

710 Baby
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:40 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Default mugen power

mugen all da way!!!
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 02:34 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Default Kyosho...

Errr.... I might as well add my two bob .... Kyosho all the way !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Here in Brazil Yokomo GT4-S and now the GT4-W2L have great experiences to tell ...

Here the regional championship runs on rubber and national on foams, and yokomo did a great job on both ...

I run a GT4-S with some little mods and bought a GT4-W2L and im training more with foams now cause i will attend the preworld in February here (Ifmar 200mm) and the GT4 its a GREAT performer.

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:55 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

By the way ...

I've run Nitro TC3 and MUgen MTX3 before and they are great cars, but i love the GT4 suspension so i stayed with it ...

I think that all are on the same level so go for the one that gives you more support in parts ans spares on your location ...

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:03 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Thanks. No doubt I will go for GT4W2L now. Thanks.