R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   ** Shepherd Velox Designer Robert Pietsch is out to Mugen! ** (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/277007-%2A%2A-shepherd-velox-designer-robert-pietsch-out-mugen-%2A%2A.html)

BigC2007 02-19-2009 06:53 PM

** Shepherd Velox Designer Robert Pietsch is out to Mugen! **

Now that Robert Pietsch is with Mugen will Mugen be coming out with a new 1/8 scale on road ? maybe a MRX5-R ???

wingracer 02-19-2009 07:41 PM

I think a new TC will be first. Also, it would not be MRX-5R, R would be a later upgrade. If they stick with the same designation it would be just MRX-5.

BigC2007 02-19-2009 08:05 PM

Thanks for the info wingracer, I really hope Mugen comes out with something soon !! everyone else is and hope Mugen really out do them selfs with some nice shinny hop up parts in there new kits that would be nice. :nod: love my MRX4-R but too many very nice looking cars out there and am not one to jump ship but Mugen needs to step it up ! :cry:

wingracer 02-19-2009 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by BigC2007 (Post 5456123)
Thanks for the info wingracer, I really hope Mugen comes out with something soon !! everyone else is and hope Mugen really out do them selfs with some nice shinny hop up parts in there new kits that would be nice. :nod: love my MRX4-R but too many very nice looking cars out there and am not one to jump ship but Mugen needs to step it up ! :cry:

It's still the best car out there IMO. Qualified 1,2 at the Winternats. Mike was leading the ROAR Nats before a mistake killed his race. Won the Euro Champs. It's all good baby.

Then again, I want to see Robert's handiwork too.

BigC2007 02-19-2009 08:25 PM

I do agree with you on that again I love my Mugen but I cant wait for them to really come out and out do themself with something that is going to take them to a even higher level, come on MUGEN !!! bring it !!!

hope someone from Mugen reads this LOL :eek:

iphoone 02-19-2009 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by BigC2007 (Post 5456204)
I do agree with you on that again I love my Mugen but I cant wait for them to really come out and out do themself with something that is going to take them to a even higher level, come on MUGEN !!! bring it !!!

hope someone from Mugen reads this LOL :eek:

Any news of a new 1/10 kit ?

Rich Browne 02-19-2009 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 5456142)
It's still the best car out there IMO. Qualified 1,2 at the Winternats. Mike was leading the ROAR Nats before a mistake killed his race. Won the Euro Champs. It's all good baby.

Then again, I want to see Robert's handiwork too.

Wow!!!!

It's all good, baby!

stefan 02-20-2009 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 5456029)
I think a new TC will be first. Also, it would not be MRX-5R, R would be a later upgrade. If they stick with the same designation it would be just MRX-5.

Hey Wingracer,

based on my conversations with Robert, I would expect to see him with the prototype of the new 8th scale car for our first national qualifier on April 19th.

With the worlds coming up in August just 200 km's from here, it is pretty safe to bet on a new MRX.;)

As I stated in the MTX5 thread, the new 200mm car is second in line due to the worlds.

I will be having my camera with to all the races this year and I will try to keep you guys posted.

wingracer 02-20-2009 05:04 AM

You would know more than I. I really wasn't expecting a new car this year but if they do, great.

BigC2007 02-20-2009 06:57 AM

Stefan and Wingracer , Thanks for all the info and replies man I cant wait to see a new Mugen 8 scale also saving up my money to get one , again I just hope they out do there self and come out with a car that is completely NEW ! with some nice high end or shinny parts. ( CNC/Alloy) also I assume with Robert Pietsch say so the new MRX?-? will have redesign breaking system that will be top notch. From what he did with the shephard velox that is one nice looking car I hope Mugen lets him have his way and again comes out with something that will make our hearts race just by looking at it and be in heaven when we have it on the track. :D

wingracer 02-20-2009 07:31 AM

I wouldn't take my info too seriously. I'm merely speculating based on prior experience with Mugen. Stefan has actually talked to Robert (man I'm jealous) so he has more inside info than I do.

I would kinda hate to see a new car this year, I'm just now getting the X where I want it but I also really want to see what Robert can bring to Sonada's legacy of awesome cars. :D

BigC2007 02-20-2009 07:40 AM

Wingracer I hear you bro. I am still in love with my MRX4-R LOL but again my heart is racing 210MPH thinking of a new MRX???? :sneaky:

PMSorber 02-20-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 5457733)
legacy of awesome cars. :D

You mean the Velox? :D

Ivan Dickson 02-20-2009 07:47 AM

It will good to see Robert put his creative mind to work for Mugen:nod: Like he did for Shepherd....:tire::nod::tire:

wingracer 02-20-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by PMSorber (Post 5457769)
You mean the Velox? :D

No, I mean Mugen. Sonada is or was (not sure what the structure is over there now) Mugen's designer. I want to see what Robert can add to his work.