R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   MRT Transponders (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/276787-mrt-transponders.html)

tdr170 02-18-2009 08:58 PM

MRT Transponders

I know alot of people are looking for transponders so I thought I would let everyone know what I found.
MRT is taking orders for thier transponders a custom/cloned unit for $55 dollars to your door. (free shipping)
Go to rclaps.com and follow the links it's a great deal.
They work on AMB systems.

\
:tire:-----:tire:>
Mugen MRX4X - Picco P9 EVO

Tree 02-18-2009 09:15 PM

The best money I ever spent was for the MRT transponders.:nod:

freestyles 02-18-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by tdr170 (Post 5451862)
I know alot of people are looking for transponders so I thought I would let everyone know what I found.
MRT is taking orders for thier transponders a custom/cloned unit for $55 dollars to your door. (free shipping)
Go to rclaps.com and follow the links it's a great deal.
They work on AMB systems.

\
Mugen MRX4X - Picco P9 EVO

Awesome that sounds great. Do you reckon they will ship to OZ?

tdr170 02-18-2009 10:44 PM

Transponders

They ship World wide.

Orders are not charged for until goods have been despatched.
UK & EU orders are subject to VAT @ 17.5% Non UK/EU orders
are not subject to UK VAT but may be charged local sales tax,
import duty etc. MRT are NOT responsible for these charges.

\

aussies1129 02-18-2009 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by freestyles (Post 5452197)
Awesome that sounds great. Do you reckon they will ship to OZ?

I am probably going to get a mrt and eventually clone it to my amb. money wise this is a better option I think amb are a bit over price (like most things in the world:eek:)
cheers:)

freestyles 02-18-2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by aussies1129 (Post 5452354)
I am probably going to get a mrt and eventually clone it to my amb. money wise this is a better option I think amb are a bit over price (like most things in the world:eek:)

Yeah your right i think AMB's are just too much especially when you can use a club one for nothing but in saying that it is one more thing not to worry about and a whole lot easier on raceday to have your own so i think i will order one of them aswell.

What do you mean clone it to your AMB?

Also Alex told me your comming to the state tittles at Easter. It would be good to catch up, are you going to be driving X-ray or your G4's?

Wanabrc 02-19-2009 12:33 AM

Thanks for the tip.:nod:

musti72 02-19-2009 06:48 AM

I used a mrt transponder in the national series here in turkey. No problem at all.

tdr170 02-19-2009 08:36 AM

Transponders

Originally Posted by freestyles (Post 5452381)
Yeah your right i think AMB's are just too much especially when you can use a club one for nothing but in saying that it is one more thing not to worry about and a whole lot easier on raceday to have your own so i think i will order one of them aswell.

What do you mean clone it to your AMB?

Also Alex told me your comming to the state tittles at Easter. It would be good to catch up, are you going to be driving X-ray or your G4's?

When you purchase the MRT you have the option of cloning your AMB in
other words they give it the same transponder # as the AMB you already have.

As for prices the AMB is far to expensive you could have two of these for the same price.
Once AMB realizes there is a viable alternative they will lower their price to try a compete. (I hope)

\
Mugen MRX4X

aturbotony 02-19-2009 08:53 AM

I like that paint job on your avatar.

tdr170 02-19-2009 11:54 AM

Paint Job

Thanks, does it look familiar.
Aturbotony could you be the Tony who painted this. :)

Rapid Roy 02-20-2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tdr170 (Post 5453495)
When you purchase the MRT you have the option of cloning your AMB in
other words they give it the same transponder # as the AMB you already have.

As for prices the AMB is far to expensive you could have two of these for the same price.
Once AMB realizes there is a viable alternative they will lower their price to try a compete. (I hope)

\
Mugen MRX4X

tdr is correct. If you already have an AMB transponder, have it cloned. It does take a bit longer because you need to ship your transponder to them, but having all the same number is great. I have 2 of the MRT transponders and they both work flawlessly. They are only 1/4 of the size of the AMB's. $55 per is a smoking deal too. I guess the dollar to pound exchange rate has gotten better. I think I paid $67 each a year ago. Still a great deal in my opinion.

freestyles 02-21-2009 02:56 PM

Well that's pretty conveniant then. I will definately be getting one for the up comming state tittles:nod:

Can you clone the amb transponders or is it only the MRT ones?

tdr170 02-21-2009 04:41 PM

Transponder

Only the MRT can be cloned they have 21 channels the first 20 are the same
as AMB with the 21st either being cloned to the same # as your AMB or
custom that will not be duplicated by AMB or MRT.

Ed Anderson 02-22-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by aussies1129 (Post 5452354)

Unless I'm reading this wrong... it doesn't work that way. You can't "eventually" get it cloned to an AMB, you have to send your AMB pt in and have it cloned first.

Originally Posted by tdr170 (Post 5462359)
Only the MRT can be cloned they have 21 channels the first 20 are the same
as AMB with the 21st either being cloned to the same # as your AMB or
custom that will not be duplicated by AMB or MRT.

Yes it will be duplicated. All the numbers come from exsisting AMB transponders. The first 20 are fixed. The 21st number (if its not your clone) comes from a pool of numbers that MRT has. I don't know how many he has, but you could see a duplicate out there. But you still have 21 numbers to choose from.

VERY cool item!!