R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can someone explain what what 20+1 number is? i usually try not to ask questions if i can figure it out myself, but i am stuck on this for a while now.

my question is, if i sent in a AMB #1234567 to MRT to get it clone, that AMB # is not the only set of numbers that shows up when i cross the signal bridge on the track? how does it work?

sorry for my stupid question

thanks
wilson
amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

There are 21 transponder numbers inside it, but only one will register at a time. You set and it stays there. You change it by pressing a button... its pretty simple.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...er-ptx-iii.jpg
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

3 questions.

which one do I order? they have a whole bunch of different models on their site.

will they work here in the states?

is there a store in the US that sells them? or will i have to buy them in euros?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Transponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Anderson View Post
Unless I'm reading this wrong... it doesn't work that way. You can't "eventually" get it cloned to an AMB, you have to send your AMB pt in and have it cloned first.

Yes it will be duplicated. All the numbers come from exsisting AMB transponders. The first 20 are fixed. The 21st number (if its not your clone) comes from a pool of numbers that MRT has. I don't know how many he has, but you could see a duplicate out there. But you still have 21 numbers to choose from.

VERY cool item!!
Yes that is correct and want I meant if I did not explain it well or correctly sorry.
The 21st channel can be cloned or custom and must be ordered that way from the start.
Yes you must send your AMB to MRT when ordering a cloned unit otherwise the number will be custom and will not be used by MRT or AMB in the future.
But I think most of you are helping me send the message out anyway THANKS.
tdr170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Default Transponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
3 questions.

which one do I order? they have a whole bunch of different models on their site.

will they work here in the states?

is there a store in the US that sells them? or will i have to buy them in euros?
When you go to RCLaps click on more info and ordering on the next page you will see 2 groups the first group of 6 are the custom units the last three are the cloned units.
The first 3 are standard units just like getting a AMB the next three are custom units where you have several options like LED color and wire length. ($2-$4 dollars additional)
Then there is a break and it actually says cloned transponders.
This in what you would order to have your AMB cloned.
I ordered the 4th from the top no tabs/custom, green led, 3 1/2" lead.
I hope this helps if not please feel free to ask myself or one of the other guys will leed you in the right direction.

They work on AMBrc and AMBrc3 timing systems (the system has to accept personal transponders It will not work on the system20 and older systems) I have not heard of anyone having problems.

After you click on the unit you want on the next page click buy.
The next page will have a drop box at the top left where you change to USA and the price will change to US dollars.

I just checked currently out of stock keep checking when they come back order quick.

Last edited by tdr170; 02-23-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Corrected Info
Old 02-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

thanks for the details

any idea when they might have more in?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Default Transponders

No Just keep checking the site every few days if not every day.
It should not take to long.
I am sure they are overwelmed with orders.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr170 View Post
Yes you must send your AMB to MRT when ordering a cloned unit otherwise the number will be custom and will not be used by MRT or AMB in the future.
Thats not true...and what I was pointing out. It will/can be used again only buy MRT. AMB might/probably only makes it once, but Terry is buying up old HTP's and PT's and cloning them into the 21st number. I don't know how many he has.. could be 20..50...1000???? but there will/can be duplicates. But if you have the same number as somebody else, you still have 20 other numbers to choose from.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr170 View Post

They work on all AMB timing systems I have not heard of anyone having problems.
No they won't! They will only work on an AMBrc, or AMBrc3 system.... (the system has to accept personal transponders.) It will not work on the system20 and older systems.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Default Transponder

Well that I surely can't dispute I can only go from what I have read during my search for transponders.
Another member gave me info on the MRT units because I could not find them this is when RCLaps was not taking Orders.
Look at the post below and you will see where my info comes from.
I am simple trying to pass on info for others who fing the AMB units way over priced.

:This was posted by another member and where some info comes from:

They come in 2 useable forms, Cloned and Custom. Both have 21 channels. The first 20 channels are the same as the AMB timing system and can replace broken house transponders with an external power source. Normally you plug them into your receiver in the 3rd channel or battery slot and mount them with servo tape or velcro.

Now, the all important 21st channel.

Cloned: You have to send your existing AMB working or broken in to get the 21st channel set to the same number as your existing transponder. Some racers like to have their transponders run the same number. To the majority, they just want laps counted.

Custom: You get a new unique number on the 21st channel of your new MRT personal transponder. This number is not used by MRT or AMB again. It can be changed manually. If you can discover your number or want them all to match, you could just get a set of these.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #26
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Anderson View Post
Thats not true...and what I was pointing out. It will/can be used again only buy MRT. AMB might/probably only makes it once, but Terry is buying up old HTP's and PT's and cloning them into the 21st number. I don't know how many he has.. could be 20..50...1000???? but there will/can be duplicates. But if you have the same number as somebody else, you still have 20 other numbers to choose from.
If you want your MRT PT's to have the same # as your current AMB PT, you have to send in your AMB so the number can be cloned to the MRT unit.
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
If you want your MRT PT's to have the same # as your current AMB PT, you have to send in your AMB so the number can be cloned to the MRT unit.
No-one is or was disputing whether you must send them your AMB for cloning but more a discussion of the 21st custom #.
ED knows of what he speaks so anything I said that he corrected is the truth.
But your input is always appreciated, welcome and wanted.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #28
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

My bad, misread the post

I'll refrain from inputting in the future
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Hi guys,

does anyone have experience with MRT's turn around time?

I've sent them an e-mail last week, but haven't received an answer yet.

I don't wanna send in my PT's and not have them back when the season starts...
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Yeah your right i think AMB's are just too much especially when you can use a club one for nothing but in saying that it is one more thing not to worry about and a whole lot easier on raceday to have your own so i think i will order one of them aswell.

What do you mean clone it to your AMB?

Also Alex told me your comming to the state tittles at Easter. It would be good to catch up, are you going to be driving X-ray or your G4's?
hey mate yeah coming down my bro lives around the corner so should be a blast and its xray for me mate catchya then oh you have probably already found out but with mrt you have the option to send them your amb with a form you print out on there website they then clone your amb number onto your new mrt transponder so you use the same number as long as you dont give it to your mate and use it in the same race as I dont think they will both work?? I will use one in the buggy and one in the onroad car.
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote