R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   mugen seiki mrx3. need help with radio! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/276292-mugen-seiki-mrx3-need-help-radio.html)

vuanhquoc 02-16-2009 11:45 PM

mugen seiki mrx3. need help with radio!

hi all! i just bought a Mugen Seiki Mrx3 for 200 dollars, i hope i didn't get ripped off. it came with the lynx 3d radio and the mtx starter box, I charged everything last night and started it up this morning, the car started up fine and it was fasttttt as hell. the only problem i have is the Radio, it's only controlable within 8 foot range! Is it the battery on both the radio/car need to be replaced? the battery on the car seem to be fine to me, and on the radio it's said 13.1v2 when i turn it on after charged. Is there anything i can do to fix or test? or do i have to purchase a new radio? Please help!

wizby 02-17-2009 07:34 AM

First thing I would have to look at is the receiver antenna.
Maybe its been shortened or has a break in it.

Ivan Dickson 02-17-2009 08:07 AM

If anything need to be replace it would be the receiver or receiver antenna:nod:that's what I did replace my antenna, after that everything was fine...you should be ok...:nod::tire::nod:

aaron2u 02-17-2009 09:37 AM

Dude...

As the others mentioned, check the receiver wire for kinks. Its rare, but it could be damaged inside the sheathing.

You should probably install a fail safe on the car until you figure out what the problem is. A cheaper alternative to a fail safe is to use a throttle return spring.

There are a lot of people who like that radio, but instead of buying a new receiver, you may opt to borrow one to work out the bugs.

vuanhquoc 02-17-2009 10:16 AM

ok i forgot to mention that the antenna on the radio is broken, the tip of the antenna is missing about i'd guess 5 inches or less. is it the problem?

Roelof 02-17-2009 10:28 AM

The missing endtip is not the problem, it would be nice to have an extra receiver to check it.

But 13.1 volt in the transmitter, it seems there is a 3S lipo pack inside. Be sure you have the right charger if I am right. You do not want to burn down your house....

Wanabrc 02-18-2009 09:47 AM

A running MRX3 for $200?? Man you got ripped! I'll send ya a $100 for the car just to save you the ebarasment.:p Seriously though, you might want to try a different set of crystals and see if that takes care of it. You can try some Futaba crystals if you have any laying around.

wizby 02-18-2009 02:05 PM

Five inches of wire missing is a problem. Replace it with the correct length wire. A crystal problem will not affect range. (distance)

TRYMY4.0 02-18-2009 02:17 PM

Or you could always just upgrade to a nice remote with receivers if your going to stick with the hobby.

-Ant.

wingracer 02-18-2009 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wanabrc (Post 5449157)
A running MRX3 for $200?? Man you got ripped! I'll send ya a $100 for the car just to save you the ebarasment.:p Seriously though, you might want to try a different set of crystals and see if that takes care of it. You can try some Futaba crystals if you have any laying around.

I don't know about that, sounds like he got a motor, radio, starter box etc. with it. If so, not a bad deal if he can fix the radio problem.

Wanabrc 02-19-2009 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 5450564)
I don't know about that, sounds like he got a motor, radio, starter box etc. with it. If so, not a bad deal if he can fix the radio problem.

That was sarcasm. He got a very good deal.

vuanhquoc 02-19-2009 12:35 PM

thanks all for the reply, i've been thinking to get a new radio and reciever, is the dx3r is a good choice? kind of pricey but i think it's a good radio.

TRYMY4.0 02-19-2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by vuanhquoc (Post 5454276)
thanks all for the reply, i've been thinking to get a new radio and reciever, is the dx3r is a good choice? kind of pricey but i think it's a good radio.

Yes. I prefer the DX3S, that is what I am using now and I love it. Telemetry is awesome.

-Ant.

breez1090 02-19-2009 12:48 PM

I agree the dx3s is a good radio