R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Hi Matt,

Going to Revelations, actually. Thanks for the Hall Pass offer.
Got jokes I see Rich Like I said I got your back you can hang wit me just dont tell anyone
gotmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmotor View Post
Got jokes I see Rich Like I said I got your back you can hang wit me just dont tell anyone
Like I would...

tell anyone, that is.

Hey, has your drinking game improved? - seems the last time we "hung-out", you, well, had to go to bed a little early

Hey Barry,
We are thinking about coming down to Revelations to run - join us?

Last edited by Rich Browne; 02-19-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker View Post
Hi Everyone........

For all of you out there that is wondering what I am upto and for the "people who dont care", Ill let you know anyway...

I am currently working at Novak Electronics as a Customer Service Rep. and Technical Support.Believe it or not I am really enjoying it!

I still try to race as much as possible...Mainly local stuff....Electric off road is so fun!I have been using a Hot Bodies D8 and did I mention how fun it is...lol

I am still racing Nitro On road for Mugen...Thanks to Mike and Robbie I still can go out and have fun at the track.
I have been through some tough times this past year (mainly my fault)..The whole thing that happened with my last sponsor really was a set back but if it wasnt for some of the "stupid" things I have done throughout my career I would not have been in that position.

I know I have learned from the things I have done and I hope that people notice that I have.

BTW...Stefan...thanks for asking!

I hope to see everyone at tracks around the world again but its going to take some time!
As of right now I am trying to just enjoy the life I have right now.

Take care,

Barry Baker

BTW...After 22 years in this industry I forgot how much fun this Hobby/Sport of ours is! I dont ever want to forget again!!!!
Hey Barry when are you coming back to 301 to run the ready to run cars. We may have some new ready to run cars for your testing.
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #34
Tech Master

Playing with the Titelist Balls, stroking the Golf Shaft and Swallowing the Gravy!!HEHE
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Yep ...you got me Mr.Angulo!!!!!!

DUH!!!!
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rwhit
Default Barry

Hey man keep your head up. Your the reason some of us got into this hobby, I think I still have my NTC3.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to RC_Dan

If the hobby is not fun for you anymore you need to take a step back and figure out how to make it fun. We all pretty much started this hobby BECAUSE it IS fun. It's nice to see that you've realized you need to make the hobby fun for yourself again. Also good to hear you found yourself a job that you enjoy. Looking forward to seeing you at a track in the future.
RC_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
If the hobby is not fun for you anymore you need to take a step back and figure out how to make it fun. We all pretty much started this hobby BECAUSE it IS fun. It's nice to see that you've realized you need to make the hobby fun for yourself again. Also good to hear you found yourself a job that you enjoy. Looking forward to seeing you at a track in the future.
True. I am actually really glad that we have winters here, so we have to step away from racing for a few month.
In SoCal they are racing year round, which I think can burn you out quickly.

Especially if you have to to it professionally. I remember going to SoCal raceway quite often and Barry was always there when they opened until the closed, testing testing testing....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #39
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hi Everyone........

For all of you out there that is wondering what I am upto and for the "people who dont care", Ill let you know anyway...

I am currently working at Novak Electronics as a Customer Service Rep. and Technical Support.Believe it or not I am really enjoying it!

I still try to race as much as possible...Mainly local stuff....Electric off road is so fun!I have been using a Hot Bodies D8 and did I mention how fun it is...lol

I am still racing Nitro On road for Mugen...Thanks to Mike and Robbie I still can go out and have fun at the track.
I have been through some tough times this past year (mainly my fault)..The whole thing that happened with my last sponsor really was a set back but if it wasnt for some of the "stupid" things I have done throughout my career I would not have been in that position.

I know I have learned from the things I have done and I hope that people notice that I have.

BTW...Stefan...thanks for asking!

I hope to see everyone at tracks around the world again but its going to take some time!
As of right now I am trying to just enjoy the life I have right now.

Take care,

Barry Baker

BTW...After 22 years in this industry I forgot how much fun this Hobby/Sport of ours is! I dont ever want to forget again!!!!
I have worked in Customer care for about 11 years now, in various places, now for a white goods service centre.

I can say I enjoy it most of the time, but occasionally there is a customer who you cannot deal with.

For you to work for Novak in this area of work must be very rewarding when you've dealt with customers issues and the thought of them getting back on the track, trouble free

Back in my days of using Novak equipment i've had some very quick answers about technical issues, from Charlie so i'm sure you are very much capable of doing the same, so all the best in your venture with Novak, i'm glad it turned out to make a better situation than with your sponsors

You certainly have the right attitude, learn from something where it went wrong, then move on from it

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Yep ...you got me Mr.Angulo!!!!!!

DUH!!!!
Barry your still my IDOL!!!!!!
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote