R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default 2 mrx-3 ?'s

As some of you know I am getting my first onroad car up and running. It is a mrx-3.

1. I was hoping some of you could post pics of your mrx-3 or 4 (body off). I want to get a look at the little things you do to your cars. like how you pin up your servo and battery wires. how you have mounted your receivers. And a general idea of what a well put together car looks like. Any little tricks and advice are greatly appreciated.

2. I have OS VZR II engine that came with the car. It's runnable I can turn the flywheel over with some descent resistance. However I would like to get an extra P/S. Any of you know if I can use say like the vzb sleeve in it or is this p/s specific to this engine? I want to spend the least amount of money on this engine as possible for my learning curve.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. not new to nitro just to onroad.
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
As some of you know I am getting my first onroad car up and running. It is a mrx-3.

1. I was hoping some of you could post pics of your mrx-3 or 4 (body off). I want to get a look at the little things you do to your cars. like how you pin up your servo and battery wires. how you have mounted your receivers. And a general idea of what a well put together car looks like. Any little tricks and advice are greatly appreciated.

2. I have OS VZR II engine that came with the car. It's runnable I can turn the flywheel over with some descent resistance. However I would like to get an extra P/S. Any of you know if I can use say like the vzb sleeve in it or is this p/s specific to this engine? I want to spend the least amount of money on this engine as possible for my learning curve.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. not new to nitro just to onroad.
If the motor runs good, don't worry about the P/S but definitely put a rod in it. Most good onroad motors last a long time as far as P/S goes but rods take a pounding. If it does need a P/S, get a rod too. Not sure about the VZB sleeve.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Wing ironically it came with an extra rod. Really getting my $60 out of this investmet "Ya Think". Any tips you have for me it's ready for the road. Would really like to look at some pictures of a well put together car. Do you guys replace those phillips head screws? How do you attatch your receiver?
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Thanks Wing ironically it came with an extra rod. Really getting my $60 out of this investmet "Ya Think". Any tips you have for me it's ready for the road. Would really like to look at some pictures of a well put together car. Do you guys replace those phillips head screws? How do you attatch your receiver?
I just servo tape the receiver to the mount and then run some electrical tape around it for security. some people like to use a piece of inner tube as a big rubber band to hold it on.

I always just used the phillips screws but there are plenty of good allan screws around if you want to.

The only pic I have is my Avatar.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: RVA
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

VZR p/s is specfic, from what I've found so far. The hot thing is to run the v-spec rod and crank with a medium header and EFRA9886 pipe. Funny you and I are in the same situation , just starting 1/8 onroad, got mrx3 with os vzr II motors. Twister usa has a really good deal on tires at the moment 12.50 a pair front or rears.
Tim
got2bqik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bqik View Post
VZR p/s is specfic, from what I've found so far. The hot thing is to run the v-spec rod and crank with a medium header and EFRA9886 pipe. Funny you and I are in the same situation , just starting 1/8 onroad, got mrx3 with os vzr II motors. Twister usa has a really good deal on tires at the moment 12.50 a pair front or rears.
Tim
Thanks Quick, I needed some tires as well. I guess I should have asked what are the different online stores you guys use. I always went through carolinasrc and Amain to get all my offroad sruff. However neither of these stores carry much onroad stuff.

p.s. Quick you from VA
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I use GRP tires from www.ashfordhobby.com

They are a bit more pricey but I like the quality. If you want something a bit cheaper try Xceeds from ashford or Jaco's from www.brooklynhobbies.com
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: RVA
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Yes, East Richmond. Ashford hobbies, A main, Nitrohouse all have good selection for the mrx3 and alot of the 4 parts cross over.
Tim
got2bqik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Lee over at Winners Circle has the best prices on Mrx3 parts.
www.gasrccar.com
VA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Just keeping you guys updated I'm just waiting on my pipe and header now. Oh I have to put it on a set up board before her first run. I noticed the rear wheels are coned outward biggest part towards the chassis. Looks like it has positive camber in the rear from the tire wear. Just want to put it on a board and get a basic set up going. Realy looking forward to my first run. I am sure it will be next weekend. Good thing I got plenty of toys to keep me busy. Not to mention spring is basically here in the carolinas. Temps been in the upper 60's & 70's. Which only means YARD WORK .
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRX-4X chicky03 Nitro On-Road 1676 09-17-2016 12:34 PM
Mugen MRX-4R Joe Os Nitro On-Road 1545 02-07-2011 03:55 PM
Mugen MRX-4R, Novarossi Mod, tools for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 09-04-2007 09:37 AM
1/8th Mugen MRX-4R and 8th scale engines for sale Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 25 06-26-2007 11:00 AM
Mugen MRX-4 eddiethefish Nitro On-Road 1555 03-10-2007 02:17 PM
NEW YEARS HANGOVER RACE aturbotony Nitro On-Road 182 01-09-2007 09:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net