Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my bad it was a misunderstanding on my part
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Cool thanks. So we have a Picco P9 with 2033 pipe, or a Rb Xenon with whatevever pipe comes with it. Rb blowing conrods? Must be an onroad thing, Picco has decent offroad engines (thirsty though) but they aren't Rb. I'll check them out keep hearing good stuff 'bout Picco.

Yup, the Jp stuff is a waste right now. Rather have two decent engines than one superengine.

Hudy setup station will be purchased. And I'll wait until someone sells a truer at the track before grabbing one. Obviously I have my eyes on the Hudy but I'll wait till I can get a good deal. (shoot maybe I should make my own)

Great stuff any other newbie advice?.......
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Yup, the Jp stuff is a waste right now. Rather have two decent engines than one superengine.
Take a look to the JP P7L, it is a great value engine.

You think the Eagle R9 is to expensive, then take a look to the stock version.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #19
Tech Addict

good point i forgot all about the jp firstline .21 it is fully modified and very fast but at a very good price. I think it will cost you about $460.00 and $130.00 for the jp 2013 pipe and manifold. but the picco will do just fine look at the mega picco .21s also.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Ok, I will.

$430 might be feasable later on. That's reasonable. (C6 buggy engine costs about that)

$700-1000 is just insane for a 4 gallon motor! Thats the price of real racing I guess. I'm not there yet.

For 1000 I could probally produce a motor with ceramic pistons and liners. (not roar legal....I checked LOL.)
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The 2033 works great with the Picco and its good to have, but the RB or Sirio 2013 will give you a little more power and will still make run time. You can get both pipes at Kamikaze. They are at the Floroda Winternats right now so you might have to wait till they come back, but they have great service.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #22
Tech Addict

just remember that with practice you will get faster you dont need to spent that type of money on modified motor. I see alot of guys at the track with jps and murnan modifeds, and novarossi, and sirios and they get beat buy guys running stock motors picco etc me includeing i am not worrying about horsepower anymore while it does look good and feel good to blaze down the back straight the best driver will always win. i am not going to run my hot motors until my driveing get to where i want it because sometimes horsepower can hurt you more than help you if you cant control it. The only reason why the top drivers race with these hot modified motors is because the guys they are raceing against can drive just as good as them and they have horsepower so they have to have it also.