Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G4 STEERING QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default G4 STEERING QUESTION

Is the G4 swing rack steering system ok and trouble free for weekend club racing or is the single bell crank system needed.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Strong,

If you are only new to racing, then the swing rack system will be fine for now. It will take you quite a few race meets to become familiar with what happens on the day, and you will probably end up focussing more on things other than how well your car performs. Things like being able to keep your car running for the whole qualifier, sorting out tyres, getting around the track in one piece, avoiding traffic, marshalling, remembering transponders and so on. Once you are comfortable with the proceedings on the day then you will find the time to worry more about car performance.

My advice would be to race your car as it is, and become comfortable with proceedings before spending any money on upgrades. As your driving improves you will be able to take advantage of the new features and improved performance. You'll probably find that by then you will be looking to upgrade the car to a newer model anyway.

If you are already familiar with racing, I'd suggest an upgrade to one of the later model cars such as the G4JS, MTX4R, NT1 or 720. You could probably pick up a good second hand one from the for sale sections on this forum.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Teehomo
Strong,

If you are only new to racing, then the swing rack system will be fine for now. It will take you quite a few race meets to become familiar with what happens on the day, and you will probably end up focussing more on things other than how well your car performs. Things like being able to keep your car running for the whole qualifier, sorting out tyres, getting around the track in one piece, avoiding traffic, marshalling, remembering transponders and so on. Once you are comfortable with the proceedings on the day then you will find the time to worry more about car performance.

My advice would be to race your car as it is, and become comfortable with proceedings before spending any money on upgrades. As your driving improves you will be able to take advantage of the new features and improved performance. You'll probably find that by then you will be looking to upgrade the car to a newer model anyway.

If you are already familiar with racing, I'd suggest an upgrade to one of the later model cars such as the G4JS, MTX4R, NT1 or 720. You could probably pick up a good second hand one from the for sale sections on this forum.
Great advice...
Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply .......We just do some fun weekend racing around here....I had a nitro TC3 but wanted something a little more durable so I got the G4......I just hate anything to go wrong or stop working when we race.....But I will try the G4 for a while and see what happens.....I will upgrade as I go along if needed.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by strong
Thanks for the reply .......We just do some fun weekend racing around here....I had a nitro TC3 but wanted something a little more durable so I got the G4......I just hate anything to go wrong or stop working when we race.....But I will try the G4 for a while and see what happens.....I will upgrade as I go along if needed.
Good luck with your G4....
Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

I ran the swing rack forever in my G4 and never had an issue.

Purchased the bell crank and never used it.

Just check its free regularly.

I miss mine
Old 02-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

they do have the steering upgrade now..
http://www.wolfhobbies.com/product.c...6&product=6129