Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Shells

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 02:18 AM

Default Car Shells

Hey people, just wondering if anyone has used either one of these shells and could tell me what u think of them.

Alfa Romeo 2.1
Vauxhall Astra BTCC

I have used the Stratus 2.1 and the Chrysler 300M so far but just want 2 try something different.

Thanx in advance
Old 11-04-2003, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Car Shells

Originally posted by NTC3 Kid
Hey people, just wondering if anyone has used either one of these shells and could tell me what u think of them.

Alfa Romeo 2.1
Vauxhall Astra BTCC

I have used the Stratus 2.1 and the Chrysler 300M so far but just want 2 try something different.

Thanx in advance
I think I have used like almost all the shells, can imagine how bad my driving was!!!

Alfa 156 v2.1 - really stable, akin to the Stratus original, I did not know it was a Championship winning shell when I bought it. If you were to look at the new shell dimension is it so much like the Stratus.

Vauxhall - might be my next shell ... I love the colours of the BTCC car.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

The alpha 2.1 has more initial turn-in and transitions faster than either stratus, and yet it is quite stable unlike the original version of the alpha. I'd suggest it as it works very well, but I still have my stratus bodies with me if I want less turn-in steering, because the Alpha 2.1 can sometimes be too aggressive entering a corner.

And the astra, you need to lop off much of the plastic from the wing mounts or else you'll end up with too much push... or so I felt. Plus the wing mounts cause the wing to look way out of place hanging way above the roofline and subsequently illegal if your track cares about the rules.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Car Shells

Originally posted by tIANcI
I love the colours of the BTCC car.
no wonder u like to have BUMPER TO BUMPER race on the track.... coz BTCC race is BUMPER TO BUMPER race... sooooo exciting... like HOLDEN V8 in australia..

HOW about FERRARI MODENA or LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO (no rear spoiler... is it OK?)? are they COOL? i mean stable? or they are good for SHOW OFFs?

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 11-06-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Alfa Romeo