R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-30-2004, 12:28 AM   #13351
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Oh yes, could be, but there is another powerfull point to slow the transfer down, Rear Droop. And sir Julius is maximum enough on that, I guess.
In LT arm with 8mm downstop, is almost no rear droop.
That's why I asked if he made any changes to setup from his oneway to front diff but it looked about the same.

BTW, I believe at 8 mm downstop, the 710 still has uptravel. If I remember correctly, doing the same on the 705 and you'll find none.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:32 AM   #13352
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
No no, dont get it wrong.
Im 100% sure, no pro-drivers can do that in 45 min. consistently.
That is why they avoid that condition too.

You drive EVO III do you ?
Use Sir Karn setup and test it. You will see the car so stiff and roll very much. Pyramid ever ask him about that and his answer is with stiff car makes the cornering more "fluid" so making it consistent is easy.

Note: Easy for Him!
I guess Easy and FAST is more correct word.
Yep, I drive the EVO III, too (Sorry Julius for swearing again )
I think Sir-Karn's setup is for an outdoor track? I run on a small indoor carpet circuit, so the setup from Sir-Karn doesn't work very well
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:45 AM   #13353
Tech Addict

Default Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Hi to all serpent racers,

What correction should I do to correct a problem with my car spinning out when I release throttle on a sweeper. The track is medium grip and I have the front roll centre to the above position.

I think having the above position for the front roll centre gives me more steering response in the in-field except for the sweeper.

Thanks
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:50 AM   #13354
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

List your setup here. Perhaps we could point out to you what is wrong. It could be many. One of the things that come to mind are the front shocks too soft, too much rear droop etc. Things which cause too much weight transfer to the front.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:50 AM   #13355
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
That's why I asked if he made any changes to setup from his oneway to front diff but it looked about the same.

BTW, I believe at 8 mm downstop, the 710 still has uptravel. If I remember correctly, doing the same on the 705 and you'll find none.
Yah, 1-2mm uptravel is just enough for rolling but almost no effect on pitching.
Sorry bro, I dont remember 705 so well, anymore...

How many Malaysian racer join Jakarta Open? Singapore Racer is on their full team, Sir Karn and Sir Suruth is coming as well.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #13356
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Sorry bro, I dont remember 705 so well, anymore...

Quote:
How many Malaysian racer join Jakarta Open?
I think locally we have our hands pretty full and occupied with races. I don't know of any going but there are a few from Sabah from what I hear.

So you and Pyramid will be Serpent's stronghold for Indonesia in the Futaba Cup? Good luck to both of you.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #13357
Tech Elite

Default Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Quote:
Originally posted by f2000racer
Hi to all serpent racers,

What correction should I do to correct a problem with my car spinning out when I release throttle on a sweeper. The track is medium grip and I have the front roll centre to the above position.

I think having the above position for the front roll centre gives me more steering response in the in-field except for the sweeper.

Thanks
Also make sure: that your droop settings are equal left-to-right; shocks are of equal length and have the same rebound characteristics; number of open holes are the same.
Check for tweak too - follow the explinations in the FAQ.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:12 AM   #13358
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Check for tweak too - follow the explinations in the FAQ.
Side tracking for a little bit... Just a word of caution. Me and crashed_1 found that with our beaten up worn out chassis, you cannot get correct droop settings left to right as the bottom of the chassis tends to wear out on one side only. This is especially true in the rear side. Not so apparent in the front.

When the chassis is supported on the droop gauge block, due to the unevenness of the chassis, you will measure different droop even though your droop gauges measure equal left and right side.

What I do when I set rear droop for example is if I find my chassis wears more on the left side (due to right side turns), I set my right side rear droop with the droop gauges first. Then I put equal size rear tires on without shocks or sway bar and do the lifting method till I get the left side tire to lift the same time as the right side. This will make the left and right side droop the same.

While doing this, I do not put any front tires. I let the front tip of the chassis pivot on the flat surface of the setup board when doing the lifting method in the rear. The same lifting method is used when rear shocks and sway bars are put on.

When doing the front, the rear end is allowed to pivot on the rear wheels and rear suspension as this is already determined to be balanced. Same method is done to take left and right front droop but the difference is not too bad as the front side of the chassis wears very little.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:48 AM   #13359
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
:So you and Pyramid will be Serpent's stronghold for Indonesia in the Futaba Cup? Good luck to both of you.
No no.. that is Pyramids job.
Im just make sure that he has enough horsepower.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:07 AM   #13360
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Quote:
Side tracking for a little bit... [....]
My paranoia makes me do this anyway Only real difference is I use the hudy block at the opposite end to where I'm checking the droop tweak. I basically took it from your explination which is in the Tweak section of the FAQ.
I find this an excellent method in ensuring a well tweaked car.

Actually my chassis seems to be not so flat front to back. Straight out of the box, the chassis was not level front to back. Do you have this too, or was your chassis perfectly flat at first?
Old 06-30-2004, 02:21 AM   #13361
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Quote:
Only real difference is I use the hudy block at the opposite end to where I'm checking the droop tweak.
Yes, that will be the problem when you put the blocks under the worned out chassis ! If the chassis wears to one side, then your blocks would be taking reference on a slanted chassis. Not a perfect flat profile and parallel planes between top and bottom surface of the chassis. So for example if the left side wears about 0.5 mm, taking droop on left and right (say +8) would not give you correct left and right droop. You may end up the left side +9 while the right side at +8.

Quote:
Actually my chassis seems to be not so flat front to back. Straight out of the box, the chassis was not level front to back. Do you have this too, or was your chassis perfectly flat at first?
Out of the box, the chassis seem to be slightly bent in the middle where the battery mount is. But somehow that does not affect the performance.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:31 AM   #13362
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Quote:
Yes, that will be the problem when you put the blocks under the worned out chassis ! If the chassis wears to one side, then your blocks would be taking reference on a slanted chassis. Not a perfect flat profile and parallel planes between top and bottom surface of the chassis. So for example if the left side wears about 0.5 mm, taking droop on left and right (say +8) would not give you correct left and right droop. You may end up the left side +9 while the right side at +8.
All the more reason to get some of those nice new setup wheels

Quote:
Out of the box, the chassis seem to be slightly bent in the middle where the battery mount is. But somehow that does not affect the performance.
Ok - it's the same then.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:35 AM   #13363
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Quote:
All the more reason to get some of those nice new setup wheels
Yup. That's why I'm seriously looking at them.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:37 AM   #13364
Tech Prophet

Default Salven with S710 in Luxembourg

If you guys have not noticed, there is a short video clip (2.62 MB) of Micheal in the last LRP race posted on mytsn.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/dnlvid...i%5F0116%2Eavi
Old 06-30-2004, 03:05 AM   #13365
Tech Elite

Default Re: Salven with S710 in Luxembourg

Quote:
If you guys have not noticed, there is a short video clip (2.62 MB) of Micheal in the last LRP race posted on mytsn.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/dnlvid...i%5F0116%2Eavi
Pretty fast moving pixel that....did you notice if he had understeer into the kinck?