R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2004, 01:27 AM   #13306
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: KHM Crankshaft

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Look just like the JP one - it is even black coated?
May look to be the same but I would not know if their crank window timings are.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:28 AM   #13307
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: KHM Crankshaft

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
May look to be the same but I would not know if their crank window timings are.
That's were the money is earned
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:29 AM   #13308
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Hey, but it's my only chance being able to "speak" german.
I know you're fluent and only make those mistakes on purpose
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:32 AM   #13309
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I know you're fluent and only make those mistakes on purpose


Danke Herr Mark. Ich mag, daß Sie mir immer schmeicheln.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:49 AM   #13310
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD


Danke Herr Mark. Ich mag, daß Sie mir immer schmeicheln.
Ich tue mein Bestes
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:37 AM   #13311
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What body was used?
Just saw the setups sheets posted. It was a Mazda 6.

So using the front diff for the first time, Julius? Did the track require a front diff? Looking from your other setups, it did not require much change from setting up with a front oneway... Or am I wrong?

Also, what did you do to make the front trackwidth at 199 mm with the front diff? Fuel tubing?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:58 AM   #13312
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Just saw the setups sheets posted. It was a Mazda 6.

So using the front diff for the first time, Julius? Did the track require a front diff? Looking from your other setups, it did not require much change from setting up with a front oneway... Or am I wrong?

Also, what did you do to make the front trackwidth at 199 mm with the front diff? Fuel tubing?
I changed back and forth between one-way and diff a few times. The setup was similar. With the one way I used less caster and a harder front sway bar. The setting of especially the front diff is very important. It needs to be really stiff. If it is too loose you get on power oversteer in hairpins and understeer in fast sweepers. So it's really stiff. I had to get used to not braking so deep into corners with the diff. On the brake you get some understeer.

I used fuel tubing but in the wheelaxles. I dont like the dogbones going in too deep into the wheelaxle. I had no problems with them dropping out at all.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:05 AM   #13313
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
So it's really stiff.
Stiff as in near solid when it's warmed up? I'll try it out. I think I need to change my front diff adjuster because part of the screw theading is stripped because I tightened it too hard. Now it is set normal.

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
I used fuel tubing but in the wheelaxles. I dont like the dogbones going in too deep into the wheelaxle. I had no problems with them dropping out at all.
Cool. Will try that out too. I guess Michael used about the same setup? Also, is the 2.5 mm rear sway bar going to be an option soon?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:09 AM   #13314
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I guess Michael used about the same setup? Also, is the 2.5 mm rear sway bar going to be an option soon?
He was running like my sunday setup. I changed slowly from the Saturday setup to end up very close to Michaels setup.

The sway bar will be an option soon.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #13315
Tech Regular
 
KevinS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Ich tue mein Bestes
At the moment I only speak once sentence in German...

Schade Deutschland, alles ist vorbei!


On the receiver part:
I too use the R113iP, which is a tight fit in the receiverbox. Can't even sqeeze in a bit of servotape. I wonder why Futaba doesn't try to make these receivers as small as their FM receivers.

R113iP 42x29x16mm
R133F 36x25x16mm

But then again... failsave included!
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 AM   #13316
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
At the moment I only speak once sentence in German...

Schade Deutschland, alles ist vorbei!


Technically "gesehen" that's a Haupt-sentence and a Neben-sentence - so you can say you can you speak more than a sentence
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:00 AM   #13317
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
I changed back and forth between one-way and diff a few times. The setup was similar. With the one way I used less caster and a harder front sway bar. The setting of especially the front diff is very important. It needs to be really stiff. If it is too loose you get on power oversteer in hairpins and understeer in fast sweepers. So it's really stiff. I had to get used to not braking so deep into corners with the diff. On the brake you get some understeer.

I used fuel tubing but in the wheelaxles. I dont like the dogbones going in too deep into the wheelaxle. I had no problems with them dropping out at all.
Julius, what made you choose the diff over the one-way for the race?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:12 AM   #13318
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Julius, what made you choose the diff over the one-way for the race?
Same laptimes, but more consistent. Also the car reacts less to track changes. Overall it made life easier. I never was a fan of the front diff except in low grip, but I guess I need to test this setup in HEemstede and see how it works in the fast corners.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:24 AM   #13319
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
Same laptimes, but more consistent. Also the car reacts less to track changes. Overall it made life easier. I never was a fan of the front diff except in low grip, but I guess I need to test this setup in HEemstede and see how it works in the fast corners.
Do you mean more consistent overall or was it more consistent under braking?

Was accelerating out of corners as good as a one-way or did it have a little on-power understeer?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:18 AM   #13320
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Do you mean more consistent overall or was it more consistent under braking?

Was accelerating out of corners as good as a one-way or did it have a little on-power understeer?

Cheers, Mark.
More consistent laptimes (meaning easier to drive and keep lines). Also braking was better, but I had to get used to the slight understeer under braking. I normally use very little brake but brake long into corners. With the diff you'd get more understeer into corners. So I needed to brake earlier but also get off the brakes sooner.

Accelerating out of corners is the same. You can tune the amount of under/oversteer with the rear diff.

In short: the tighter the front diff the less steering into the corner. If the front diff is to loose you can get oversteer on throttle. If you have on throttle understeer, tighten the rear diff a bit.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP

Last edited by Julius; 06-29-2004 at 08:39 AM.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net