R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #12211
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Hi all !

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Mark, got my engine issue sorted out on the weekend. Now it is broken in, runs strong, and runs cool.
Nice one Glenn!!! So after the engine is run in, it simply runs cooler?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #12212
Tech Elite

Unhappy Removing oil from tyres

It was great to drive the 710 again today, after using the 705 for a while, whilst I sorted out my motor problems - the car is so precise beautiful to drive again.

However, I was having real problems with spining - under braking, the rear end would snap out really easily - not something I had experienced with the 710 uptil now. Also through the fast flick ocasionally the car would spin on the apex I was checking my tweak and all kinds of stuff in order to find out why - but I found nothing to explain it
Then one time through the flick, the car spun out into the grass and I had to go and retrieve it....then I saw it the blinking 1/5th lawnmowers had been dropping oil all over the circuit and right on the apex of the fastest corner on the circuit.
I check my tyres and they are loaded with lawnmower oil I was trying to test a set of Enneti dished rims, but now it is pointless.

Is there an easy way of gettng the oil out of the foams or are they essentially ruined
Old 06-07-2004, 03:41 PM   #12213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hand cleaner
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:41 PM   #12214
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

gojo, permatex... or any handcleaner will be ok
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #12215
Tech Elite

Default Re: Removing oil from tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
It was great to drive the 710 again today, after using the 705 for a while, whilst I sorted out my motor problems - the car is so precise beautiful to drive again.
That's great to hear ... so only at 90C and the JP Fx screams eh? Just you wait till you properly tune it!

Quote:
However, I was having real problems with spining - under braking, the rear end would snap out really easily - not something I had experienced with the 710 uptil now.
Were you using a 1-way?

Quote:
Also through the fast flick ocasionally the car would spin on the apex I was checking my tweak and all kinds of stuff in order to find out why - but I found nothing to explain it
Then one time through the flick, the car spun out into the grass and I had to go and retrieve it....then I saw it the blinking 1/5th lawnmowers had been dropping oil all over the circuit and right on the apex of the fastest corner on the circuit.
Hell! That's the same as using TWO 1-ways, one in front and one in the back!

Quote:
I check my tyres and they are loaded with lawnmower oil I was trying to test a set of Enneti dished rims, but now it is pointless.
Return the favour ... leave thumb tacks for their next run! See how the big boys handle a flat tyre or two

Quote:
Is there an easy way of gettng the oil out of the foams or are they essentially ruined
Easy, soak them in soapy water ... leave to drip dry indoors. Well, that's what I do after a day on an oily. dirty track. Seems to work OK

BTW, foams get progressively worse with light and dry air, the "honeycomb" structure go brittle and dry. Store foams in a sealed plastic conainer or bag somewhere cool and dark if you have a lot of sets of different shores.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:46 PM   #12216
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by evlhdlts
gojo, permatex... or any handcleaner will be ok
Unfortunately we don't have these brands in Germany - what are these products exactly - probably there is an alternative.
I'm going to try with washing-up liquid.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #12217
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Unfortunately we don't have these brands in Germany - what are these products exactly - probably there is an alternative.

Cheers, Mark.
The moving turds get you every time

I believe the non-grit swarfega will be purfect if you can get it. Cant remember if its red or green.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #12218
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Removing oil from tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
That's great to hear ... so only at 90C and the JP Fx screams eh? Just you wait till you properly tune it!
Well, got it upto 100C and this thing absolutely screams - it's more like the 1/8th 3.5 Motors in terms of sound

Quote:
Were you using a 1-way?
Only the one true path

Quote:
Hell! That's the same as using TWO 1-ways, one in front and one in the back!
Quote:
Return the favour ... leave thumb tacks for their next run! See how the big boys handle a flat tyre or two
Good idea, bro!

Quote:
Easy, soak them in soapy water ... leave to drip dry indoors. Well, that's what I do after a day on an oily. dirty track. Seems to work OK
Wanted to try this, but wasn't sure if the detergent was strong enough - I'll see how it works out

Quote:
BTW, foams get progressively worse with light and dry air, the "honeycomb" structure go brittle and dry. Store foams in a sealed plastic conainer or bag somewhere cool and dark if you have a lot of sets of different shores.
didn't know that - thanks for the tip
Old 06-07-2004, 03:54 PM   #12219
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
The moving turds get you every time

I believe the non-grit swarfega will be purfect if you can get it. Cant remember if its red or green.
Green There maybe a red version, too though. I remember this as a kid - oily bike chain, oily hands, upset mother I love the smell and feel of swarfega nothing beats it - never seen it here in Germany I'll have to get a tin of it when I'm next in the UK
Old 06-07-2004, 03:57 PM   #12220
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Green There maybe a red version, too though. I remember this as a kid - oily bike chain, oily hands, upset mother I love the smell and feel of swarfega nothing beats it - never seen it here in Germany I'll have to get a tin of it when I'm next in the UK
Yep. 4 different colours that I have seen so far - red, green, yellow and blue. One has no grit at all and the rest has different sizes particles depending on your needs. A drop of this in the petrol will slow those big 1:5th cars down a bit
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:06 PM   #12221
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Yep. 4 different colours that I have seen so far - red, green, yellow and blue. One has no grit at all and the rest has different sizes particles depending on your needs. A drop of this in the petrol will slow those big 1:5th cars down a bit
My goodness! It's a long time since I've used Swarfega (probably 20 years!) - they've gone all modern

Good tip about the petrol I'll tell them it's a secret addative for extra performance
Old 06-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #12222
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Cheers, Mark.
Pyramid and I using a Camois(is it right?) to rub the tire between heat.
Camois is the one that we use on our car.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:30 PM   #12223
Tech Prophet

Default Re: JP FX

Quote:
Goodness only knows how fast this thing will be once I get it fully run-in and tuned up!
Rub it in man... Rub it in man...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #12224
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mach international

Quote:
D, this ring-power-thing has gone too far
Do you think Julius not buying Rene beer afterwards would be more cruel than shooting him instead?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:33 PM   #12225
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Removing oil from tyres

Quote:
the blinking 1/5th lawnmowers had been dropping oil all over the circuit and right on the apex of the fastest corner on the circuit.

Kill them... Kill them all ! Take them down like flies ! muahahah

Hey, I think you better make friends with them. Your age is catching up and you'll never know when you need to resort to 1/5th scale lawnmowers in the coming years... Think slightly ahead.