R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-07-2003, 11:07 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Smile 710

The mtx3 4mm chassis is 3 gms lighter than the 3mm one. Different milling.
It seems to me that if the 710 flywheel is 2 mm smaller than the 705, and if the chassis is 1 mm thicker, that the engine crank shaft (and thus the engine mounting position) would have to be 2mm lower to achieve the same clearance from the bottom of the chassis for the flywheel (necessary for starter box engagement).
Thus the engine cg would be 2mm lower, WITH REFERENCE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHASSIS, and therefore, at a constant ride height, from the track surface.
jack
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 05:57 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Lots of talk

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
I still cant believe they havent offered universals for the new car, if they do they should come with the car. NOT AN OPTION!

On a nitro car with a 1.8HP engine, why would you want to put in universals that have tiny pins? I would trust a simple, beefy dogbone with huge pins over a universal any day. Why make it any more complicated? Also, universals cost more than dogbones.
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:06 AM   #93
Tech Adept

Talking Re: 710

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
The mtx3 4mm chassis is 3 gms lighter than the 3mm one. Different milling.
It seems to me that if the 710 flywheel is 2 mm smaller than the 705, and if the chassis is 1 mm thicker, that the engine crank shaft (and thus the engine mounting position) would have to be 2mm lower to achieve the same clearance from the bottom of the chassis for the flywheel (necessary for starter box engagement).
Thus the engine cg would be 2mm lower, WITH REFERENCE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHASSIS, and therefore, at a constant ride height, from the track surface.
jack

Thanks for the numbers Jack,, now It's more clear for me at this time,
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM   #94
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Re: Re: Lots of talk

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
On a nitro car with a 1.8HP engine, why would you want to put in universals that have tiny pins? I would trust a simple, beefy dogbone with huge pins over a universal any day. Why make it any more complicated? Also, universals cost more than dogbones.
Totally agree ,, I love my doggie bones!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:11 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: Re: Lots of talk

Quote:

hey glenn,welcome aboard!..Love reading your articles on MYTSN....

regarding the dogbones,I agree...esp. not needed since they don't fall out when you turn(as other cars seem to need that upgrade)..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:08 AM   #96
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The new car

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Hey modellor, not to sound too optimistic, I believe the 710 will indeed be lighter than the present car. I would think Serpent would knock themselves in the head if they designed a car which would be heavier than their present. Think about it... Where would they put their face if the 710 is an inferior car to the 705? How do you expect a big company such as Serpent to put out a lemon when they have a big overheads to sustain themselves? I believe they cannot afford another Veteq. If they fail on this one, I can bet that you'll see the fall of Serpent for sure.

We can speculate all we want now and in the course of these two weeks, we'll look back and see how right or wrong we are about the car.
I agree. I wasnt saying that the new Serpent would be heavier than the current 705. I too believe it will be lighter. I was just saying that I believe it will still be slightly heavier than it could be made. But I dont believe Serpent will be finished if they produce a bad car which I believe they wont. The 710 will be an excellent car and with the technology incorporated it will be well above the other cars on the market in terms of competitiveness.

All I was saying was that I believe my theory of the active suspension design is slightly better as it has less moving mass which makes everything freer.

Julius, I didnt mean to sound like I was saying the car was totally inferior. I know by looking at the car that it will be very competitive. By messed up the design I didnt mean the car is bad. I meant that the designer has failed to maximise the design to its very utmost in my opinion. I may be wrong and apologise in public if I am. I have a high regard for Serpent and always have. And I do race a 705 myself currently.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Re: Re: Lots of talk

Quote:

I ran serpent for years,I recently switched to mugen because I got tird of the poor fit serpent has.When it comes to universals I dont have any problems at all,they are more efficient than bones,less noisy and I think most serpent owners make those kind of statements because serpent does`nt offer uni`s.Being an x/serpent owner thats what I used to say.
This is just my 2/cents worth,dont take is personally.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:42 PM   #98
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 HEAVIER OR NOT HEAVIER?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Nothing wrong,

Basically Japan and or Europe has higher standard...

It would have been the same when purchasing TV for example, I prefer to buy Sony or Panasonic and the japan made (within specific tipe) must be higher in price (that`s for sure with a reason beside labor cost), but somehow giving me more of a self convindence on its quality..

That`s my opinion..
Come up,man! What is wrong with Taiwaness products? The newest version of MIT kits are really good enough now.(like TM G4;HN LD3;and the coming Hyper GP4...) Have you try them by your own fair hand? Or just listen somebody saying something bad? If Mugen didn't move their product-line to Taiwan,can you have so excellent quality and reasonable price kits?

No many people are so rich like you. Do you remember 5 years ago,you have to pay about more than $200USD to buy a CD-Record? When Taiwaness companies start to produce them,now you only have to pay about $50USD for a CD-Record. I just buy a DVD player last week. It cost me only $44USD. Most of Taiwaness are using LCD monitors because it's cheap. The price is affordable now. And some of people in Taiwan is start to use MIT Plasma TV. You can only spend less than $3,000USD to buy a MIT Plasma TV now. If I'm not wrong,in before the cost of a cheapest Plasma TV is more than $12,000USD. Who make the life better? Yeah~designer make the world better,but only supply for rich man. When they resell the patent to Taiwaness companies,the masses just start to enjoy the newest technology.

Looking around of yourself,MIT PC?MIT clothing or shoe?(sorry it's China made now)MIT DV or camera?MIT TV or DVD player?MIT starter box or 3PK?even MIT car or motorcycle...When you blame MIT products next time,think about WHO MAKE "YOUR" LIFE BETTER? Taiwaness is burning their life and working hard really(more than 12 hours a day) to make your life better. That is my personal opinion. There is no bad intention.
CutePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:10 PM   #99
Tech Master

IS there any Rc (TC) made in the mainland? I bought a serpent cap in HK and it is made in China. Not cheap though
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:28 PM   #100
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by centax error!
IS there any Rc (TC) made in the mainland? I bought a serpent cap in HK and it is made in China. Not cheap though
Have you ever seen any serpent stuff cheap?
Old 11-08-2003, 10:54 PM   #101
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by CutePig
Have you ever seen any serpent stuff cheap?

Nop! Serpent is not cheap but the quality is top notch

but will be if they move productions on some of the parts in the orient just like some of the big companies do now

Last edited by centax error!; 11-08-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:02 PM   #102
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Serpent is not cheap but the quality is top notch
Including your cap?I prefer NIKE's...
Old 11-08-2003, 11:10 PM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by CutePig
Including your cap?I prefer NIKE's...
oh yeah, and my serpent cap looks cooler than TWood's cap
Old 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM   #104
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Nop! Serpent is not cheap but the quality is top notch

REally!

i have had bad experience with their parts for all of them have bad fit.

Just my experience though
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:56 PM   #105
Tech Regular

Geee, and I thought I strayed from the subject at times....

I can't wait to see this thread come alive with all the assembly talks... Who will be the first with a kit ? Will the clutch shoe assembly CAD illustration be right this time.... Will there be a legend for the hardware... How does the Centax III thrust bearing mount.... We are in for the best of times guys... Sounds like we will all meet at the winternats, maybe we should all form the privateeer snakepit in Ft Myers and share setups and stuff while we sing Combaya together. Who is all going?
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote