Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: GlennCauley

Originally posted by InitialD
The pipe is an inline pipe. I believe only the HARD header works with the HARD pipe. HARD also makes just the pipe itself but you need to get your own header.

I find the pipe needs very rich HSN setting. More of a low end pipe for me.

You are right, D !
I too am pretty sure that you have to use a HARD header with this pipe... but maybe the Team Majic header also works. I know that the coupler design of the 'adjustable' 1-pc pipes is reverse that of other 1-pc pipe like NovaMega.

I wanted to use this pipe, since our shorter more technical tracks will benefit more from bottom and mid power than top end. We race on a paved parking lot with a straight that is less than 150' long.

For other larger tracks I plan to use my NovaMega 2170 pipe with 2175 header.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Originally posted by BaxterC
I see the electrics aren't as tidy as on your impulse... Only puling your chain... I must say the pipe looks good.

I did my best on the electronics... <sniff> <sniff>
hehehe

There are others who did a VERY nice job of hiding the wiring on their S710, by tucking it all up behind and underneath things. I like to have my wiring exposed (but tidy) so I can get to it easily.

The pipe does look amazing, doesn't it?
Hoping it will work well on my tight track. I will follow InitialD's advise and keep a rich HSN setting (within limits of course).
Old 04-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Originally posted by kreidel
Intial D,

I am kicking the idea around. I am not sure why though, my Mugen has been performing flawlessly but I still have a desire to run the 710 again.
The Snake has got you...
Old 04-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Originally posted by GlennCauley

I did my best on the electronics... <sniff> <sniff>
hehehe

There are others who did a VERY nice job of hiding the wiring on their S710, by tucking it all up behind and underneath things. I like to have my wiring exposed (but tidy) so I can get to it easily.

The pipe does look amazing, doesn't it?
Hoping it will work well on my tight track. I will follow InitialD's advise and keep a rich HSN setting (within limits of course).
I must admit it is still tidy. Tell me, I know that some guys run a gel cel in there starters, I would like to know if there are any pics of the 'new' powerstart starterbox grey with a gel cel inside it, I want to see the mods if I can.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also does anyone know if the Glowtronic glow starter adaptor thingy work properly with a 12v gelcel?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Tell me, I know that some guys run a gel cel in there starters, I would like to know if there are any pics of the 'new' powerstart starterbox grey with a gel cel inside it, I want to see the mods if I can.

I personally have never tried to run a gel-cell inside my Serpent starterbox. I did however put one in my old starterbox (Dynamite?) with the large external motor. But I don't use that anymore.

I have the 12V wiring hooked up inside my Serpent grey starterbox so I can hook it up to an external car battery.

But I too would like to see an example of a gel-cell in a Serpent starterbox.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

I personally have never tried to run a gel-cell inside my Serpent starterbox. I did however put one in my old starterbox (Dynamite?) with the large external motor. But I don't use that anymore.

I have the 12V wiring hooked up inside my Serpent grey starterbox so I can hook it up to an external car battery.

But I too would like to see an example of a gel-cell in a Serpent starterbox.
Ah ha... So I'm not the only one. I will post once I do it, I will be rewiring my starter when I get it with some 12gauge Wet Noodles and force in a 12v gelcell, but it would be easier to see it first. I think I will take it to the security place where i will get the cell from and check, there are 2 sizes, one is a smaller ~250VA and the other is like ~500VA. I dont know what that is in mAh but it is HIGH!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Gel Cell in Serpent Starterbox

Hey, while you're at it, get rid of the teensy weensy 540 silver can motors and add some cobalt drag motors! You could probably turn over a small block Chevy V8 with that combination.

ruuh ruuh ruuh....
Old 04-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

The Snake has got you...
I would'nt call it that....I had one for alittle while a never got the feel for it so I stuck with my MTX3 and sold my 710 to Marcos710. I just like buying and trying I guess.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Gel Cell in Serpent Starterbox

Hey, while you're at it, get rid of the teensy weensy 540 silver can motors and add some cobalt drag motors! You could probably turn over a small block Chevy V8 with that combination.

ruuh ruuh ruuh....
I would love to but the budget has a budget now as I have just spent around ~$1500 this month on RC stuff and the better half is stressing a lot, I am beginning to a little... Maybe in the next few months. BUT, I have been planning to add some BIG buggers in there, Like some E-Maxx mod motors, But I was thinking about some coreless motors as I hear they are lighter on the battery power, but have a lot of power, but they have built in speed controllers, which mad be a bugger to get to run at max power...
Old 04-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Originally posted by kreidel
I would'nt call it that....I had one for alittle while a never got the feel for it so I stuck with my MTX3 and sold my 710 to Marcos710. I just like buying and trying I guess.
YOU SOLD IT... That is a crime... but then you sold it to a great guy like MarcosS710, so you are forgiven. but you may want to get another one soon or the craving will get ya.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

YOU SOLD IT... That is a crime... but then you sold it to a great guy like MarcosS710, so you are forgiven. but you may want to get another one soon or the craving will get ya.
hey how are you BaxterC! I'm trying to get my house done so i can go racing soon!!!!! my snake is feeling neglected
Old 04-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
hey how are you BaxterC! I'm trying to get my house done so i can go racing soon!!!!! my snake is feeling neglected
ROTFWL!!!

Sheesh... Do you know how that sounds... Thank you, I have not laughed that much in about six months...

I am well and you?

I know how you feel, mine has not arrived yet and I can hear it screaming for a building... how is the house coming along? Is it looking good? How is the weather there, It is dang cold here now... about 15 deg Celcius... my toes are sore... It stormed this morning from around 2am, the thunder and lightning kept me awake and it didn't stop till around 11am
Old 04-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

ROTFWL!!!

Sheesh... Do you know how that sounds... Thank you, I have not laughed that much in about six months...

I am well and you?

I know how you feel, mine has not arrived yet and I can hear it screaming for a building... how is the house coming along? Is it looking good? How is the weather there, It is dang cold here now... about 15 deg Celcius... my toes are sore... It stormed this morning from around 2am, the thunder and lightning kept me awake and it didn't stop till around 11am
the house is coming along great and the weather is a sunny and about 76 deress fh.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Got my servos from the border guys Now all I have to do is put the rest of the parts together and run the 710 in Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the weekend to get everything done - but I can wait another couple of days

Here's a pic of the last bits:
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-lastbits.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.