R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2004, 08:53 AM   #8491
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: GlennCauley

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
The pipe is an inline pipe. I believe only the HARD header works with the HARD pipe. HARD also makes just the pipe itself but you need to get your own header.

I find the pipe needs very rich HSN setting. More of a low end pipe for me.

You are right, D !
I too am pretty sure that you have to use a HARD header with this pipe... but maybe the Team Majic header also works. I know that the coupler design of the 'adjustable' 1-pc pipes is reverse that of other 1-pc pipe like NovaMega.

I wanted to use this pipe, since our shorter more technical tracks will benefit more from bottom and mid power than top end. We race on a paved parking lot with a straight that is less than 150' long.

For other larger tracks I plan to use my NovaMega 2170 pipe with 2175 header.
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:57 AM   #8492
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
I see the electrics aren't as tidy as on your impulse... Only puling your chain... I must say the pipe looks good.


I did my best on the electronics... <sniff> <sniff>
hehehe

There are others who did a VERY nice job of hiding the wiring on their S710, by tucking it all up behind and underneath things. I like to have my wiring exposed (but tidy) so I can get to it easily.

The pipe does look amazing, doesn't it?
Hoping it will work well on my tight track. I will follow InitialD's advise and keep a rich HSN setting (within limits of course).
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:18 AM   #8493
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
Intial D,

I am kicking the idea around. I am not sure why though, my Mugen has been performing flawlessly but I still have a desire to run the 710 again.
The Snake has got you...
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #8494
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley

I did my best on the electronics... <sniff> <sniff>
hehehe

There are others who did a VERY nice job of hiding the wiring on their S710, by tucking it all up behind and underneath things. I like to have my wiring exposed (but tidy) so I can get to it easily.

The pipe does look amazing, doesn't it?
Hoping it will work well on my tight track. I will follow InitialD's advise and keep a rich HSN setting (within limits of course).
I must admit it is still tidy. Tell me, I know that some guys run a gel cel in there starters, I would like to know if there are any pics of the 'new' powerstart starterbox grey with a gel cel inside it, I want to see the mods if I can.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 AM   #8495
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Also does anyone know if the Glowtronic glow starter adaptor thingy work properly with a 12v gelcel?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #8496
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Tell me, I know that some guys run a gel cel in there starters, I would like to know if there are any pics of the 'new' powerstart starterbox grey with a gel cel inside it, I want to see the mods if I can.

I personally have never tried to run a gel-cell inside my Serpent starterbox. I did however put one in my old starterbox (Dynamite?) with the large external motor. But I don't use that anymore.

I have the 12V wiring hooked up inside my Serpent grey starterbox so I can hook it up to an external car battery.

But I too would like to see an example of a gel-cell in a Serpent starterbox.
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #8497
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
I personally have never tried to run a gel-cell inside my Serpent starterbox. I did however put one in my old starterbox (Dynamite?) with the large external motor. But I don't use that anymore.

I have the 12V wiring hooked up inside my Serpent grey starterbox so I can hook it up to an external car battery.

But I too would like to see an example of a gel-cell in a Serpent starterbox.
Ah ha... So I'm not the only one. I will post once I do it, I will be rewiring my starter when I get it with some 12gauge Wet Noodles and force in a 12v gelcell, but it would be easier to see it first. I think I will take it to the security place where i will get the cell from and check, there are 2 sizes, one is a smaller ~250VA and the other is like ~500VA. I dont know what that is in mAh but it is HIGH!!!
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #8498
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Gel Cell in Serpent Starterbox

Hey, while you're at it, get rid of the teensy weensy 540 silver can motors and add some cobalt drag motors! You could probably turn over a small block Chevy V8 with that combination.

ruuh ruuh ruuh....
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #8499
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
The Snake has got you...
I would'nt call it that....I had one for alittle while a never got the feel for it so I stuck with my MTX3 and sold my 710 to Marcos710. I just like buying and trying I guess.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 AM   #8500
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Gel Cell in Serpent Starterbox

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Hey, while you're at it, get rid of the teensy weensy 540 silver can motors and add some cobalt drag motors! You could probably turn over a small block Chevy V8 with that combination.

ruuh ruuh ruuh....
I would love to but the budget has a budget now as I have just spent around ~$1500 this month on RC stuff and the better half is stressing a lot, I am beginning to a little... Maybe in the next few months. BUT, I have been planning to add some BIG buggers in there, Like some E-Maxx mod motors, But I was thinking about some coreless motors as I hear they are lighter on the battery power, but have a lot of power, but they have built in speed controllers, which mad be a bugger to get to run at max power...
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:51 AM   #8501
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
I would'nt call it that....I had one for alittle while a never got the feel for it so I stuck with my MTX3 and sold my 710 to Marcos710. I just like buying and trying I guess.
YOU SOLD IT... That is a crime... but then you sold it to a great guy like MarcosS710, so you are forgiven. but you may want to get another one soon or the craving will get ya.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:05 AM   #8502
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,171
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
YOU SOLD IT... That is a crime... but then you sold it to a great guy like MarcosS710, so you are forgiven. but you may want to get another one soon or the craving will get ya.
hey how are you BaxterC! I'm trying to get my house done so i can go racing soon!!!!! my snake is feeling neglected
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:20 AM   #8503
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
hey how are you BaxterC! I'm trying to get my house done so i can go racing soon!!!!! my snake is feeling neglected
ROTFWL!!!

Sheesh... Do you know how that sounds... Thank you, I have not laughed that much in about six months...

I am well and you?

I know how you feel, mine has not arrived yet and I can hear it screaming for a building... how is the house coming along? Is it looking good? How is the weather there, It is dang cold here now... about 15 deg Celcius... my toes are sore... It stormed this morning from around 2am, the thunder and lightning kept me awake and it didn't stop till around 11am
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #8504
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,171
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Ball Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
ROTFWL!!!

Sheesh... Do you know how that sounds... Thank you, I have not laughed that much in about six months...

I am well and you?

I know how you feel, mine has not arrived yet and I can hear it screaming for a building... how is the house coming along? Is it looking good? How is the weather there, It is dang cold here now... about 15 deg Celcius... my toes are sore... It stormed this morning from around 2am, the thunder and lightning kept me awake and it didn't stop till around 11am
the house is coming along great and the weather is a sunny and about 76 deress fh.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #8505
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Got my servos from the border guys Now all I have to do is put the rest of the parts together and run the 710 in Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the weekend to get everything done - but I can wait another couple of days

Here's a pic of the last bits:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lastbits.jpg (141.7 KB, 114 views)
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net