Old 03-12-2004, 02:31 AM   #5791
Tech Fanatic

Oh heck, solly I didn't notice. Thanks for the link and the tip
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:50 AM   #5792
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
something weird going on?? Assembled my front way and put it on the car. then spent a couple of ours, polishing, sanding, deburring and assembling the rear diff and put it in the car. I rotated the diff and it wobbles!!!??? Rotate the front one way and it wobbles as well? Any body have any idea what is going on??? Please help, thanks. Tired now, must go to bed and get up in 5 hours to go to work!
Get some sleep first ! Where are you rotating the rear diff and front oneway? On the bulkheads of the car? Check if you had assembled the oneway and the rear diff properly.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:51 AM   #5793
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Get some sleep first ! Where are you rotating the rear diff and front oneway? On the bulkheads of the car? Check if you had assembled the oneway and the rear diff properly.
Mine does that too after a rebuild..No big deal. Just a little only...run it and it'll straighten out itself.

crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:57 AM   #5794
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
Mine does that too after a rebuild..No big deal. Just a little only...run it and it'll straighten out itself.
I believe if you assemble the rear diff correct, the pulley should not wobble. That's what I could remember when I built mine. It's been such a long time since I touched the rear ball diff anyways. The ball diff on the 705 was wobbly but I believe the one on the 710 does not...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:38 AM   #5795
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

YA, pretty sure I assembled it properly? Spent alot of time going over the intructions and used some tips from MYTSN. Not much can go wrong for the one way either, don't know why it wobbles?? I'll take it apart when I get home tonight from work but I don't think I'll find anything wrong. IF you guys come up with any other suggestions please let me know, thanks.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 PM   #5796
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
YA, pretty sure I assembled it properly? Spent alot of time going over the intructions and used some tips from MYTSN. Not much can go wrong for the one way either, don't know why it wobbles?? I'll take it apart when I get home tonight from work but I don't think I'll find anything wrong. IF you guys come up with any other suggestions please let me know, thanks.
First assumption I'll make is that the pulleys are mounted correctly on the shafts, that the pulleys are not warped, and that it's the whole assembly that is wobbling, not just the pulley. It's likely that the same problem is responsible for wobbling at both ends. So let's start with the front one-way first as this is the simplest, The shaft itself is probably not bent (check). The problem then has to be in the fit of the bearing, the bearing holder or the bulkhead recess. If the right bearings are used, and the bulkhead is screwed to the chassis, then the problem is probably in the fit of the bearing holder into the bulkhead. It is sometimes difficult to get the bearing holder to fit down into the recess in the bulkhead all the way. You can double check this after all the screws are tightened, by making sure that all parts fit tightly together. The "knob" on the bearing holder needs to be up, and both sides need to fit properly in the respective notches in the eccentric holders, and these are oriented as per the pictures in the book. Give this a try.
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:07 PM   #5797
Tech Apprentice

I have a problem with my spur gear wobbling.
My bigger spur gear looks like it's not spinning true.
The gear is mounted tightly, and I can't get it to spin true.
Any suggestions?
PSI Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:10 PM   #5798
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racer
Any suggestions?
The first time I saw my friend's 710 (he built his 710 and want me to fix his mess....) I saw the same thing.........what I did was remove the first spur (along with the hub) and remove the gear with those 3 screws, then reinstall the gear again, this time, turn those screws (in order 1, 2 and 3 in trangle form) in 1/2 way first, then tighen those same screws (in order again) untill it is tight. (like putting on real tires/wheels on your real car)
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #5799
Tech Fanatic

I just stick with the AAA cells I find at Wal-mart, which are about 750mah. I made two packs, one for both practice and qualifying, and the other for the main. I go to the track with both the battery packs charged, because I hate messing with them while I'm there.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:34 PM   #5800
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
The first time I saw my friend's 710 (he built his 710 and want me to fix his mess....) I saw the same thing.........what I did was remove the first spur (along with the hub) and remove the gear with those 3 screws, then reinstall the gear again, this time, turn those screws (in order 1, 2 and 3 in trangle form) in 1/2 way first, then tighen those same screws (in order again) untill it is tight. (like putting on real tires/wheels on your real car)
I've done that several times with no success.
I guess I'll have to keep trying it until I get it right.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:41 PM   #5801
Tech Apprentice

Been following this thread since the beginning and I always find the answer I'm looking for. I just have one question...is it necessary to use Locktite on the Centax 3 pinion gears? I've always used Locktite on my Centax 1, and never really ran without it, so I don't even know if it's necessary. Has anyone had any issues with pinions coming loose? Thanks.
2Lmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:58 PM   #5802
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Lmon
Been following this thread since the beginning and I always find the answer I'm looking for. I just have one question...is it necessary to use Locktite on the Centax 3 pinion gears? I've always used Locktite on my Centax 1, and never really ran without it, so I don't even know if it's necessary. Has anyone had any issues with pinions coming loose? Thanks.
None that I know.. just make sure you tighten it enough on assembly. No locktite, you need locktite on wheel axle (as no rubber ring on it) as it might come loose on long usage (such as final).
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #5803
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racer
Any suggestions?
Until recently, I find no R/C manufacturer putting such small tolerances on their spur gears. They all really not spinning true (as if it were 0% tolerance). The most precision gear is from Epson company with 0.01mm tolerance (in avegare) measured by CMM.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:04 PM   #5804
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'll have a look at my car in a bit but I'm pretty sure its just the pully wobbling. I'll let you know.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:12 PM   #5805
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Until recently, I find no R/C manufacturer putting such small tolerances on their spur gears. They all really not spinning true (as if it were 0% tolerance). The most precision gear is from Epson company with 0.01mm tolerance (in avegare) measured by CMM.

I don't think it's about the tolerance of the spur gear.
I rebuilt it again, and now it has less wobble.
I'll keep working at it until I get it right.