R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #4846
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Thank you all...........I will do the testing on.............3 or 4 months later, snow are still on the ground.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:43 PM   #4847
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Thank you all...........I will do the testing on.............3 or 4 months later, snow are still on the ground.
I'm sympathising with you - it's snowing everyday here But, my 710 hasn't arrived yet, so it could be worse
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:07 AM   #4848
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 977
Default Re: 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
The FAQ also contains a section on drag break.

Here's the latest version for you all!

Cheers, Mark.
Hi Mark,

Just read through your FAQ.

Good info! The only addition would be on the tire section.

First the "setup ride height" is no longer used. So my article about it is no longer valid. The ride height figure in the setup sheet now refers to actual ride height with the car on the tire size as per setup sheet.

On tire hardness: With the 710 I find using same shore front and rear gives close to perfect wear. With 40 shore and harder you may want to use one step softer fronts to get the wear to be even. Use the roll center and other settings to balance the handling.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:34 AM   #4849
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
Hi Mark,

Just read through your FAQ.

Good info!
Thanks for your input - very much appreciated!

Quote:
The only addition would be on the tire section.

First the "setup ride height" is no longer used. So my article about it is no longer valid. The ride height figure in the setup sheet now refers to actual ride height with the car on the tire size as per setup sheet.
Ok, thanks - I'll delete it from the FAQ.

Quote:
On tire hardness: With the 710 I find using same shore front and rear gives close to perfect wear. With 40 shore and harder you may want to use one step softer fronts to get the wear to be even. Use the roll center and other settings to balance the handling.
This is with a one-way? What kind of split do you have front to rear?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:48 AM   #4850
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

What kind of tool box do most of you guys use? At my local track most guys use some nice ones that roll around and have couple of drawers from top to bottom, about a little under 3 feet tall. Looks kinda like those Craftsman tool boxes but its heavy duty plastics but smaller. I think its around 120 US$ but its worth it if your serious about organizing your stuff and ease of convenience Now I just need to ask where they get those

Looks something like this.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1340672
__________________
2014 and 2015 BD7 Black Series, Yokomo RPX ESC- Yokomo 4.5T Motor
Yokomo B-MAX4 III Factory Team Kit, Muchmore ESC- LRP 6.5T Motor
Mugen MBX7R Eco- 2200 KV Motor
Futaba 4PX

Last edited by cyba888; 02-26-2004 at 10:02 AM.
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #4851
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: TEXAS. USA
Posts: 1,219
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
What kind of tool box do most of you guys use? At my local track most guys use some nice ones that roll around and have couple of drawers from top to bottom, about a little under 3 feet tall. Looks kinda like those Craftsman tool boxes but its heavy duty plastics but smaller. I think its around 120 US$ but its worth it if your serious about organizing your stuff and ease of convenience Now I just need to ask where they get those

Looks something like this.
http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...60&CATID=72291

Wal-Mart / SAM's Club
Target

PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #4852
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Hi all, I have another 710 question, this time, the centax 3.........I am running a Nova Mega 3 port Turbo MS, after puting everything and running the measurement, I ended up these 2 number....1.49mm (when pushed - A dimension) and 1.07mm (when pulled - B dimension)...so I subtract 1.49mm to 1.07mm = 0.42mm

Serpent recommand 0.70mm difference, and they gave an example saying if my different is GREATER then 0.7mm then use this formula A - B - 0.70mm = whatever and add the whatever MM thickness shims outside the thrustbearing............but me, my final number is LESS then 0.70mm......am I suppose to TAKE OUT something..? But I have nothing to take out...so what is next?

The only area I can think of is my "B" thickness is OFF, Serpent example is 0.30mm and I have 1.07mm.....and my "A" number is very close to Serpent......do you think my "B" number 1.07mm is the problem?

I am sure this is a dumb question since I did't see anyone asked that before....but I don't want to spend 5-7 days to figure it out, might as well ask you guys and the Serpent tech team.

Thanks..............
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #4853
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: France
Posts: 2
Default

Hello all!!

Here is my 710 powered by R&B V12T




maximummt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:14 PM   #4854
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 977
Default Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
[B]Thanks for your input - very much appreciated!

[B]
Ok, thanks - I'll delete it from the FAQ.


This is with a one-way? What kind of split do you have front to rear?

Cheers, Mark.
This is with one way and diff. Although tire hardness is a powerfull tool to balance the cars handling, I try to get tire wear as even as possible.

I start with a 1mm to a 0.5mm split. Overdrive is then 1:1 or a very slight overdrive to the front.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:16 PM   #4855
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Hi all, I have another 710 question, this time, the centax 3.........I am running a Nova Mega 3 port Turbo MS, after puting everything and running the measurement, I ended up these 2 number....1.49mm (when pushed - A dimension) and 1.07mm (when pulled - B dimension)...so I subtract 1.49mm to 1.07mm = 0.42mm

Serpent recommand 0.70mm difference, and they gave an example saying if my different is GREATER then 0.7mm then use this formula A - B - 0.70mm = whatever and add the whatever MM thickness shims outside the thrustbearing............but me, my final number is LESS then 0.70mm......am I suppose to TAKE OUT something..? But I have nothing to take out...so what is next?

The only area I can think of is my "B" thickness is OFF, Serpent example is 0.30mm and I have 1.07mm.....and my "A" number is very close to Serpent......do you think my "B" number 1.07mm is the problem?

I am sure this is a dumb question since I did't see anyone asked that before....but I don't want to spend 5-7 days to figure it out, might as well ask you guys and the Serpent tech team.

Thanks..............
Did you take out one of the ball bearings before you measured the A (pushed to the shoe) measurement?
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #4856
Tech Adept
 
Diesel Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 227
Default

Rookie, first things first, double check the thickness of shim that you placed between the brass collet and engine output bearing, this should be 0.5mm. When checking your A & B dimensions that should be with just the thrust bearing installed not the 2 small ball bearings.

Good luck

Mark
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #4857
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
This is with one way and diff. Although tire hardness is a powerfull tool to balance the cars handling, I try to get tire wear as even as possible.

I start with a 1mm to a 0.5mm split. Overdrive is then 1:1 or a very slight overdrive to the front.
How would you go about choosing which tyres to use?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #4858
Tech Fanatic
 
serpentracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 777
Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1
Default

I got a nice rolling box from walmart in the fishing section looks just like a stanleydual roll box but is way cheaper and more compartments
__________________
DAVE (THE SNAKE) Rasnake
Original Mimi Wong Clan. M.W.C. For Life
Associated B6D
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:01 PM   #4859
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by maximummt
Hello all!!

Here is my 710 powered by R&B V12T

Very nice maximummt

Have you ran the car yet?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #4860
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,188
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default DRS

Hey InitialD:
How much does the car toe-out when the car accelerates?Does it make a difference on how much ride height you have?
Thanks in advance
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net