Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well here is the result.......
I cut away the hole plate where you normaly attach the reciever on...
Then i mounted the "reciever-protector". So the reciever is protected and can't get wings
The thing is that the x-tal is touching the servo..
I hope that isn't gonna give me some problems in the future....

Old 01-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well here is the result.......
I cut away the hole plate where you normaly attach the reciever on...
Then i mounted the "reciever-protector". So the reciever is protected and can't get wings
The thing is that the x-tal is touching the servo..
I hope that isn't gonna give me some problems in the future....

OOpssss
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-test.jpg  
Old 01-02-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
then i remember some "D" guy told me to cut the ball cup. I was lucky
Thanks to Goldfinger ! He was the one who discovered the problem and posted it here.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Motor Mounts

Originally posted by Proficar403
I already went ahead and put the spring steel wheel axles on the front of my car, along with the vented brake disk.
If you didn't know, the front and the rear wheel axles of the 710 are the same as the front wheel axles of the 705.

Originally posted by Proficar403
Question for Julius: Did you all notice any wear on the front axle housing when using the pin kit? I would imagine the holes would wear into an oval, being alluminum.
What pin kit is this?
Old 01-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Pricy kit needs full attention.
Pricey? I don't think so. Not here at least.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Motor Mounts

Originally posted by FTSPEEDWAY
I believe the front spring steel dogbones from the impact/ 835 will fit the 710. Im not 100% positive but im pretty sure i read that some where
Yeah, sparsky mentioned it here. The 835 springsteel dogbones are about 0.5 mm short which is OK.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by NitroHead
I just started building my 710... Where does the servo horn end up positioned on the servo?
Welcome aboard NitroHead !

Look at the pics below that I posted earlier with the mod;

This is the position when the steering is at neutral position (left and right the same).

This is the servo position when the steering is fully lock on the right side. Hope that answers your questions.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Are you already back to KL? Recovering from jet lag or busy building your kit?

Nope, flite is tomorrow so will be back by Sunday pm. Then I'll use my "jet-lag" ticket to stay up all night and build the 710!
Old 01-02-2004, 03:30 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Initial D its great that you reply to all the responses but can you please reply to the most recent responses in one go and not 20. Sorry mate but this thread is getting a little long I hate to see it in 5 months. I keep on getting hammerd on Outlook with notifications of new mail.

Thats why you have so many post's. Do what Josh Cyrul does in the "ask Josh Cyrul hread" which should be running for serpent

ps: great job there InitialD, very informative and a great value to have you on this thread.

Cheers BG
Old 01-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Perhaps the stock 2nd gearing on the car was too tall for the track we run on.
D, which track are you doing your testing on?

I also found that the 710 can carry a lot of speed into sweeping corner speed and that the car is able to change directions very quickly. On tight apexes after a fast straight, the car is able to dive in and out quickly without any hesitation. Very sure footing when it comes to steering. This is just with a few hours playing with the car out of the box.
This just sounds exciting!

I have not tried the DRS feature yet. Hopefully soon.
Let us know the outcomes
Old 01-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BG
Do what Josh Cyrul does in the "ask Josh Cyrul hread" which should be running for serpent
BG, are you saying Josh will be driving the 710 from now on? I thought he'd be busy with his new company and his own designed 1:12?

ps: great job there InitialD, very informative and a great value to have you on this thread.
Cheers BG
True, we need more folks like D around. Some think keeping knowledge to themselves is best for whatever reason but I think with the release of the 710, there is now at least 4 different makes on the market that can compete equally. Hence, whoever sets up their car the best and practice enough, should be able to do well in any race.

Another good way to share your experiences is to have it on your personal website ... and post the url here.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:07 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Nothing from the truth, I wish he was driving for serpent
Old 01-02-2004, 04:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Nope, flite is tomorrow so will be back by Sunday pm. Then I'll use my "jet-lag" ticket to stay up all night and build the 710!
You're number one !
Old 01-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
BG, are you saying Josh will be driving the 710 from now on? I thought he'd be busy with his new company and his own designed 1:12?
I think he was referring to Josh driving for XRay for eletric. Josh will drive the Kyosho FW05R for gas.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BG
Initial D its great that you reply to all the responses but can you please reply to the most recent responses in one go and not 20. Sorry mate but this thread is getting a little long I hate to see it in 5 months. I keep on getting hammerd on Outlook with notifications of new mail.
BG, I switch off the email notification thingy. This thread is too active so you do not need to be notified if somebody post here.

Sorry that I had to reply to so many post. Even when I separate my replies to each post, people find it difficult to find answers that most of the time, I have to repeat them. I would think it would be even worse (for me too) if I replied all in one go. It is also easier for me this way to find out what I posted too.

Besides, it's a nice feeling of having the world champion title under you name !

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.