Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I can do it in the 3pk, but before it hits the track I need to dissasemble the arm and cut a 1/8 inch of plastic off to shorten it..

my cars are usually totally put together and torn down two or thre times before run just so I am sure I am happy with it..

II hope I can get it to run like the 705 did, As the car was nearly perfect.. minus bowing up a few motors and never finishing a qual last year.. It will be incredably hard to go any faster then we were last year but hey if it is better I am game at that too, but there is no break through tech here as far as I see.. has some similar things to the original yok that came out in 99( rear uprights) the roll center adjustment is long over due, granted I think it is a better car I am not sold as it being something totaly special yet.. in my exp at the top level the field is pretty darn level.....
Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
No, it's only 1/8th scale unfortunately.
Oh yes, the 1:10th was last week. Di you race then? I heard there were a couple of 710s too.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: little bro's little S710

Mop, so when is the big bro getting the 710? Nice pics BTW.

p/s: Why is the throttle linkage from the carb to the servo horn very long?
That's a tuning secret i think Mop is experimenting by connecting the throttle linkage to the steering servo! and hell will break lose everytime the car turns left but stops in its track when turns right! or is it the other way round?
Old 12-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Oh yes, the 1:10th was last week. Di you race then? I heard there were a couple of 710s too.
Yes, there were a couple of 710. Did not race because the car was not ready yet. Still had teething problems then.

They changed the layout and it had more of the shorter straights. With a stock gearing suited for a track like Seremban 2, you'll be more likely to overshoot in the corners when the 2nd gear hits as the track layout was different . Even more so with a one way front !

I heard that somebody managed to get the B main champ with a 710 but used the solid front.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: little bro's little S710

Originally posted by x_man
That's a tuning secret i think Mop is experimenting by connecting the throttle linkage to the steering servo! and hell will break lose everytime the car turns left but stops in its track when turns right! or is it the other way round?
Cool ! No need programming from the 3PK to do all this !
Old 12-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ammdrew
has some similar things to the original yok that came out in 99( rear uprights) the roll center adjustment is long over due, granted I think it is a better car I am not sold as it being something totaly special yet.. in my exp at the top level the field is pretty darn level.....
The rear uprights are nothing. It just allows you to change camber independently from the rear trackwidth which I manage to do on my 705 with some dremel work !

Then again, just drive the car and you'll know what I mean. More responsive on the throttle, acceleration is mind boggling, corner speed is excellent and you get to go on the gas faster out of the corners. How can this not be better?
Old 12-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by sparksy
808223 Inner Driveshaft Adaptors Light..... fit the front oneway, although you loose the locking function of the stock parts.
Cool. I guess you already got your 710 assembled? If you have a machine shop, the holes in the one way driveshaft adaptors can be done.

808220 Driveshafts Front... the Hudy spring steel bones for the front of the 835 fit both front and rear of the 710. They are actually just a smidgen(less than 0.5mm) shorter but fit very nicely.
Woow. This is excellent.

Also the stock mid shaft is a fair bit shorter than the optional hollow midshaft for the 705/835 so it shouldnt take much to modify it to fit. I havent got one on hand to try, and I'm too lazy to pull it out of my 835 to check.
Yeah, I took a look at it. It looked like the flat spots for the grub screw mounting of the pulley adaptors are about the same area. Just the hollow mid shaft (808253) of the 705/835 is a little longer. Nothing a dremel cannot do.

I also want to add that you can use the Hudy spring steel 801214 Wheelaxle front PRO for the 705 for all the wheel axles in the 710.

I also found that the engine mounts of the 710 are the same as the ones on the 705 except one is 15 mm and the other is 1 mm lower.

I have not checked the mounting positions of the grub screw flat spots on the 9632 hollow 2 speed main layshaft but the overall lenght is the same as the one on the 710. I guess with some drilling and grinding, you may be able to use the hollow shaft on the 710.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Julius
If they are equal left and right but just lower (about a mm is normal) there is nothing wrong. The droop is measured without shocks. When you mount the shocks the springs will push on the arms making the downstop seem lower. As long as you always measure with the shocks off it's ok.

If they are uneven left and right it may be a tweak in the sway bar.
Julius: Thank you for your response. I have got the front droop to be the same with and without the shocks, the rear the left side is 1mm less with the shocks attached, I will check the tweak today and see if that helps.

SN
Old 12-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

check your shock lengths.. make sure they are the same. the only way to have less droop after instaling shocks is if one is shorter than the droop allows, must have a lot of droop to allow that though.. are you at 7 above chassis or below?
Old 12-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Default IT WAS NOT A 710

i went to the post office to get mine 710,and damn my parents lied to me.it was a package from my uncle--all damn clothes...i am sad.....
Old 12-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, there were a couple of 710. Did not race because the car was not ready yet. Still had teething problems then.
D, sometimes its just best to race it like Mark G did. Then one finds out tetthing problems too.

They changed the layout and it had more of the shorter straights. With a stock gearing suited for a track like Seremban 2, you'll be more likely to overshoot in the corners when the 2nd gear hits as the track layout was different . Even more so with a one way front ! [/B]
Its about time they do different layouts there. I think most drivers, beginners included, were already driving with their eyes closed because they're so familiar with it!

I heard that somebody managed to get the B main champ with a 710 but used the solid front. [/B]
I think I know who that was.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Do you have a details on this ?
venues or dates maybe?
thank you..
You can check under Racing Area from this link
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/index.php
Old 12-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Zizu, I rest my case ... you win

Is the Asean Cup confirmed for Kuching? What are the dates?
There has been no postponement yet so I assume it's confirmed.Suppose to be on 12-14th March 2004.Will you be there?
Old 12-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

clutch bell & pinion gears

None of the various special tools cluttering up my tool box will hold the clutch bell while tightening the pinion gears. In the past I've torqued them on tight with lock tight, so they wouldn't loosen with deceleration (other cars). So I wound up holding the bell in my hand and using the plastic gear holders to tighten them, and hope the engine will finish the job.
Any other suggestions?
Old 12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.