R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #22366
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Now that's what I call true dedication Saturday, you say.... easy man!

Are you going to be there the full week?

Cheers, Mark.
Won't be there for the week. I don't plan on racing there for the 2006. That's why you need to make it to Saturday's main and I'll pit for you
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #22367
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRace
Won't be there for the week. I don't plan on racing there for the 2006. That's why you need to make it to Saturday's main and I'll pit for you
No problem man
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #22368
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Na, not after Meister gets a hold of him
Right, I get it now ... Meister *wants* the job of being your pit-monkey!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #22369
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRace
Mark...I'll be your pit monkey but only if you make it to Saturday
I'd be surprised if he makes it beyond Friday FLEE!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #22370
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc123_au
Hello snake lovers, after racing my NTC3 since they came out I have decided to go back to the darkside (belts). I have picked up a 710 at a good price to try out, & thought I would ask the experts on what pitfalls I need to be wary of with the car & also must have spares for the pit box. I just want enough gear to keep the car in shape for a few race meets to make sure I like it before buying a new kit. I have read the last few pages of this thread, but 600 odd pages is a bit of a stretch. By the time I finished reading it would be irrelevant as the 720 would be out. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you're an experienced racer so the only spares you'd need would probably be the belts. The current kit ships with thicjer shock-towers so this is no longer an issue. Other than that you'd just need to keep the usual items such as different spurs and pinions, shock springs and oil and perhaps glow plugs!

If you get hit at the right spot by another car from behind you may end up breaking your rear shock shaft. Other than that if you don't crash not much will break. The occasional off will not break anything 99% of the time.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #22371
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I'd be surprised if he makes it beyond Friday FLEE!
Bro - man you after another family argument You only don't want to turn up, as Meister is going to kick your arse
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #22372
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default Gear Diff

Is there any performance/handling benefit to using a gear diff vs. a ball diff?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #22373
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Is there any performance/handling benefit to using a gear diff vs. a ball diff?
Absolutely - I used a Gear Diff at the weekend and had a direct comparison to the ball diff, the Gear Diff is a dream to drive - once you try it you won't go back.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #22374
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Absolutely - I used a Gear Diff at the weekend and had a direct comparison to the ball diff, the Gear Diff is a dream to drive - once you try it you won't go back.

Cheers, Mark.
Interesting... and where did you get this gear diff? I actually saw a Serpent guy using one this weekend. It was very nice. They are a lot smoother than the ball diff.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 PM   #22375
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Interesting... and where did you get this gear diff? I actually saw a Serpent guy using one this weekend. It was very nice. They are a lot smoother than the ball diff.
I borrowed it off my team mate who built it himself - very nice!!! The Serpent diff looks very nice, too and you're right it is extremely smooth.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #22376
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Absolutely - I used a Gear Diff at the weekend and had a direct comparison to the ball diff, the Gear Diff is a dream to drive - once you try it you won't go back.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark...where did you get the gear diff from? Are you going to write a FAQ on convert to gear diff? BTW...I ran at Fort this weekend and the traction was over the top. Traction rolled about 10 times during my heat.

Sow...with the gear diff Mark will be in Saturday's heat

Jag...(pit monkey) didn't you ask enough questions over the weekend? LOL

I think the gear diff was a modified Kyosho diff.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:11 PM   #22377
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yes it's a modified diff of the v-one rrr. A while a go i heard some guys on the track on how to build it, but i forgot how But they are testing the retail version now. They said it wouldn't be to long before it comes.
Probably in a month or sow.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #22378
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRace
Mark...where did you get the gear diff from? Are you going to write a FAQ on convert to gear diff? BTW...I ran at Fort this weekend and the traction was over the top. Traction rolled about 10 times during my heat.

Sow...with the gear diff Mark will be in Saturday's heat
Probably but he needs two other things, one is his family pit-monkey to get help him *get* that far. The other mod is definitely needed if what you say about the traction is true but he's too lazy to do it. I'll write up about it one of these days ... just hope I get round to it before the new car is released!

Quote:
Jag...(pit monkey) didn't you ask enough questions over the weekend? LOL

I think the gear diff was a modified Kyosho diff.
The one MarkP27 used is a modified 705 gear diff.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:02 PM   #22379
Tech Master
 
soc123_au's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Penrith Australia
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Sounds like you're an experienced racer so the only spares you'd need would probably be the belts. The current kit ships with thicjer shock-towers so this is no longer an issue. Other than that you'd just need to keep the usual items such as different spurs and pinions, shock springs and oil and perhaps glow plugs!

If you get hit at the right spot by another car from behind you may end up breaking your rear shock shaft. Other than that if you don't crash not much will break. The occasional off will not break anything 99% of the time.
Thanks for the reply, I downloaded the FAQ from Markp27's sig. From what I have read so far that should answer most of my questions. Well done to everyone involved in putting that together, very comprehensive. With a bit of luck I should have the used car by the weekend so I can get familiar with it.
__________________
Serpent Radio Control Models
Auswide Hobbies
JPM Racing
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 PM   #22380
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
The one MarkP27 used is a modified 705 gear diff.

Which diff was that? I had a 705 and it definitely used a ball diff.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net