Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InitialD

Damn. I should have known this and stocked up earlier. There goes our tires and fuel supply for 3 months.
What? No, No, No .... SIX months!
Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 PM
jag
Tech Master

Default Plastic Gears

While preparing my car for the upcoming state series I happened to notice that the 19t gear on the mid-shaft looks like an egg. The gear has rotated about 45 degrees on the hub. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Has anybody else had this happen or is it just me? Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
jag
Old 07-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have a brand new in the package 2-speed (even comes with both spur gears) for sale. at the store they are like 79.99. i will sell for $45.00 including shipping.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jag
While preparing my car for the upcoming state series I happened to notice that the 19t gear on the mid-shaft looks like an egg. The gear has rotated about 45 degrees on the hub. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Has anybody else had this happen or is it just me? Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
jag
Haven't seen that happening. I want your engine
Before you just replace the pulley, have a look at the alu part. The flat spots can wear and make it easier for the pulley to slip.

A trick to prevent this is using a bit of silicone sealant or thick thread lock between the adapter and the pulley. That'll stop any play from develloping.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag

Thanks,
jag
Jag....must be the motor that I sold you I would change the aluminum if there's any sign of wear. You better go over that car real good because Niketa is coming on strong this year
Old 07-25-2005, 05:45 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Julius
Haven't seen that happening. I want your engine
Before you just replace the pulley, have a look at the alu part. The flat spots can wear and make it easier for the pulley to slip.

A trick to prevent this is using a bit of silicone sealant or thick thread lock between the adapter and the pulley. That'll stop any play from develloping.
I did see that 3racing makes an aluminum 19T pulley. Maybe I will give that a try. I have to replace the aluminum adapter because I can't get the pulley off. The adapter is not very old. I will try putting some silicone on the adapter this time.

The motor is Francis' old Rody and it flies!

Jim
Old 07-25-2005, 05:48 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustRace
Jag....must be the motor that I sold you I would change the aluminum if there's any sign of wear. You better go over that car real good because Niketa is coming on strong this year
I guess I better get going. My car is still broken from the Fort last time.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hi guys,

I am having problem with my 2 speed transmission... For some reason, it won't shift... I tried loosen & tighten both screws but still not shifting. How many turns out do you guys recommend? I have a Sirio Evo III 3 ports in this car. Anybody has similar problem before with their 2 speed not shifting? I am not new to nitro but new to 710. Please help. Thank you.
Sorry if this comes in late. Is your aluminum bell old or new?

I tend to agree what joemugen has mentioned. However, I have found that if the 2 speed aluminum bell wears out in the inner side, the gap between the white shoe and the aluminum bell widens and any which way you adjust the spring tension on the shoe would not make the 2nd gear shift. I find that if you do not sand the white shoe with sand paper to clean it (very bad idea), the white shoe seldom wear out. The aluminum bell wears out faster.

That's the time you know that you have to get a new one.

From what I can remember, when the aluminum bell reaches to 0.5mm thick, then it's time to change.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Chassis

Hi guys,

I am using the new chassis and I have a problem with the height of the exhaust. It's now about the same height as the chassis and it hits the ground when there is chassis roll going round a sweeper.
Any of you encounter the same problem?
Any suggestions for remedies?

Cheers...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Darth Vader
Hi guys,

I am using the new chassis and I have a problem with the height of the exhaust. It's now about the same height as the chassis and it hits the ground when there is chassis roll going round a sweeper.
Any of you encounter the same problem?
Any suggestions for remedies?

Cheers...

Have you tried another spring? I have a spring with an option to mount the exhaust higher.. of does the exhaust hit the ground just after the exhaust-bend?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Have you tried another spring? I have a spring with an option to mount the exhaust higher.. of does the exhaust hit the ground just after the exhaust-bend?
No, it hits at the fat muffler part. I'll try mounting it higher at the springs and see if it helps.

Cheers...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

i have a mount with 2 holes in it.. so i can mount it higher...
Old 07-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
i have a mount with 2 holes in it.. so i can mount it higher...
I think mine has too...
OK, I'll check and try it this weekend.
Thanks...
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I just bought a Max Power 2615E pipe for my 710, unfortunately it uses a different manifold to a Max Power 2602 or many Novarossi's. The inlet from the manifold to the pipe is bigger.

Does anyone know of another brand manifold that will fit as the Max Power is out of stock in HK.

Thank you
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by B4
Does anyone know of another brand manifold that will fit as the Max Power is out of stock in HK.

Thank you
I believe none at this moment..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.