R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2005, 04:12 AM   #21901
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD






Damn. I should have known this and stocked up earlier. There goes our tires and fuel supply for 3 months.
What? No, No, No .... SIX months!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #21902
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default Plastic Gears

While preparing my car for the upcoming state series I happened to notice that the 19t gear on the mid-shaft looks like an egg. The gear has rotated about 45 degrees on the hub. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Has anybody else had this happen or is it just me? Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
jag
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:22 PM   #21903
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

i have a brand new in the package 2-speed (even comes with both spur gears) for sale. at the store they are like 79.99. i will sell for $45.00 including shipping.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:31 AM   #21904
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
While preparing my car for the upcoming state series I happened to notice that the 19t gear on the mid-shaft looks like an egg. The gear has rotated about 45 degrees on the hub. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Has anybody else had this happen or is it just me? Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
jag
Haven't seen that happening. I want your engine
Before you just replace the pulley, have a look at the alu part. The flat spots can wear and make it easier for the pulley to slip.

A trick to prevent this is using a bit of silicone sealant or thick thread lock between the adapter and the pulley. That'll stop any play from develloping.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #21905
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
While preparing my car for the upcoming state series I happened to notice that the 19t gear on the mid-shaft looks like an egg. The gear has rotated about 45 degrees on the hub. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Has anybody else had this happen or is it just me? Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
jag
Jag....must be the motor that I sold you I would change the aluminum if there's any sign of wear. You better go over that car real good because Niketa is coming on strong this year
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:45 AM   #21906
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
Haven't seen that happening. I want your engine
Before you just replace the pulley, have a look at the alu part. The flat spots can wear and make it easier for the pulley to slip.

A trick to prevent this is using a bit of silicone sealant or thick thread lock between the adapter and the pulley. That'll stop any play from develloping.
I did see that 3racing makes an aluminum 19T pulley. Maybe I will give that a try. I have to replace the aluminum adapter because I can't get the pulley off. The adapter is not very old. I will try putting some silicone on the adapter this time.

The motor is Francis' old Rody and it flies!

Jim
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 AM   #21907
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRace
Jag....must be the motor that I sold you I would change the aluminum if there's any sign of wear. You better go over that car real good because Niketa is coming on strong this year
I guess I better get going. My car is still broken from the Fort last time.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #21908
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hi guys,

I am having problem with my 2 speed transmission... For some reason, it won't shift... I tried loosen & tighten both screws but still not shifting. How many turns out do you guys recommend? I have a Sirio Evo III 3 ports in this car. Anybody has similar problem before with their 2 speed not shifting? I am not new to nitro but new to 710. Please help. Thank you.
Sorry if this comes in late. Is your aluminum bell old or new?

I tend to agree what joemugen has mentioned. However, I have found that if the 2 speed aluminum bell wears out in the inner side, the gap between the white shoe and the aluminum bell widens and any which way you adjust the spring tension on the shoe would not make the 2nd gear shift. I find that if you do not sand the white shoe with sand paper to clean it (very bad idea), the white shoe seldom wear out. The aluminum bell wears out faster.

That's the time you know that you have to get a new one.

From what I can remember, when the aluminum bell reaches to 0.5mm thick, then it's time to change.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:31 AM   #21909
Tech Addict
 
Darth Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 658
Default New Chassis

Hi guys,

I am using the new chassis and I have a problem with the height of the exhaust. It's now about the same height as the chassis and it hits the ground when there is chassis roll going round a sweeper.
Any of you encounter the same problem?
Any suggestions for remedies?

Cheers...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:00 AM   #21910
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
Hi guys,

I am using the new chassis and I have a problem with the height of the exhaust. It's now about the same height as the chassis and it hits the ground when there is chassis roll going round a sweeper.
Any of you encounter the same problem?
Any suggestions for remedies?

Cheers...


Have you tried another spring? I have a spring with an option to mount the exhaust higher.. of does the exhaust hit the ground just after the exhaust-bend?
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 AM   #21911
Tech Addict
 
Darth Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Have you tried another spring? I have a spring with an option to mount the exhaust higher.. of does the exhaust hit the ground just after the exhaust-bend?
No, it hits at the fat muffler part. I'll try mounting it higher at the springs and see if it helps.

Cheers...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #21912
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

i have a mount with 2 holes in it.. so i can mount it higher...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #21913
Tech Addict
 
Darth Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
i have a mount with 2 holes in it.. so i can mount it higher...
I think mine has too...
OK, I'll check and try it this weekend.
Thanks...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:47 AM   #21914
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

I just bought a Max Power 2615E pipe for my 710, unfortunately it uses a different manifold to a Max Power 2602 or many Novarossi's. The inlet from the manifold to the pipe is bigger.

Does anyone know of another brand manifold that will fit as the Max Power is out of stock in HK.

Thank you
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #21915
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Does anyone know of another brand manifold that will fit as the Max Power is out of stock in HK.

Thank you
I believe none at this moment..
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net