R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #21001
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, I just got to installing the 20T pinion just now and this is what I found out...

Firstly, I mounted the 1st gear pinion with the 5x10x4 bearing. Then screwed the 1st gear pinion to the 20T 2nd gear pinion by hand as tight as I could.

Then I screwed the 1st and 2nd gear pinion assembly by screwing the 2nd gear pinion onto the lightened clutchbell. Used my 802514 Serpent Centax-3 Clutch Housing Tool to hold the lightened clutchbell and then used my 1st gear pinion holder to tightened the pinion assembly onto the lightened clutchbell.

When you do this, the 2nd geat 20T pinion automatically gets tightened as well.
That's using your noodle. See, all it takes is a Jedi Master to figure it out.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #21002
E2
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 26
Default

Hello all,

i just picked up an impulse pro second hand. I know that there are no shops local in Cincinnati, OH that carry parts. What is a good online retail shop for serpent parts?

Thanks,

Eric
E2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #21003
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Oh...that's it. He's missing his reading glasses.
Yeah, thanks to MarkP27!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #21004
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Sow...why is that? I've used this tool with the lightweight bell with no problem.
I can't get the pin to line up properly with the slots in the lightened housing.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #21005
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, I just got to installing the 20T pinion just now and this is what I found out...

Firstly, I mounted the 1st gear pinion with the 5x10x4 bearing. Then screwed the 1st gear pinion to the 20T 2nd gear pinion by hand as tight as I could.

Then I screwed the 1st and 2nd gear pinion assembly by screwing the 2nd gear pinion onto the lightened clutchbell. Used my 802514 Serpent Centax-3 Clutch Housing Tool to hold the lightened clutchbell and then used my 1st gear pinion holder to tightened the pinion assembly onto the lightened clutchbell.

When you do this, the 2nd geat 20T pinion automatically gets tightened as well.
Master D....did you notice that when you install the bearing into 1st gear pinion that the bearing won't stick coming out?

I hope Sow caught the part "Centax-3 Clutch Housing Tool to hold the lightened clutchbell".

Sow maybe the holes on your clutch bell might be off? Or is it time to move up to the next magnification
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #21006
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by E2
Hello all,

i just picked up an impulse pro second hand. I know that there are no shops local in Cincinnati, OH that carry parts. What is a good online retail shop for serpent parts?

Thanks,

Eric
E2

If you are not able to find any shop that carries the parts you need, you can call us directly and we will be more than happy to service you

Paolo Morganti
Serpent USA
305 6399665
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #21007
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I can't get the pin to line up properly with the slots in the lightened housing.
When I got my tool, I noticed that it was really tight fitting to make it seat deeply into the clutcbell. Ended up the tool having scars and scratches at the side as there were burrs in the inner part of the clutchbell. That could be your problem.

Well, the tool now is made of aluminum. Not like the other Centax 1 and 2 tools that were made of Hudy spring steel.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #21008
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Master D....did you notice that when you install the bearing into 1st gear pinion that the bearing won't stick coming out?
I noticed that this time the bearing seems looser in the 1st gear pinion before I screw on the 2nd gear pinion. And after screwing the 2nd gear pinion, it is still loose...

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
I hope Sow caught the part "Centax-3 Clutch Housing Tool to hold the lightened clutchbell".


Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Sow maybe the holes on your clutch bell might be off? Or is it time to move up to the next magnification
Electron microscope.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #21009
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yeah, thanks to MarkP27!
Well I never!!! The cheek of it
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #21010
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,187
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Well I never!!! The cheek of it
Hello Mark ,do you know what the stroke is in this engine (MEG2103RMS NovaMega SX12 RE 3P Race MS ) ?

if you know or anybody else knows ,thanks in advance!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #21011
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.J
Hello Mark ,do you know what the stroke is in this engine (MEG2103RMS NovaMega SX12 RE 3P Race MS ) ?

if you know or anybody else knows ,thanks in advance!
Hi Marcos!

Here's the info you are looking for

http://www.mytsn.com/products/specs.asp?prid=681
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #21012
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,187
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hi Marcos!

Here's the info you are looking for

http://www.mytsn.com/products/specs.asp?prid=681
thanks very much!!!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #21013
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.J
thanks very much!!!!!
no problemo, matey!

Hey have you changed to a Schumacher car now??
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #21014
Tech Addict
 
Darth Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lagnaf
Look guys what happend to my friends engine after a good 1 hour of racing on Serpent Challenge in Kirchberg Austria.
He used only one plug so the plug couldn't do that.
What do you think happend here ?

Here is the link to the pictures.
I think his air filter fell off or not working well.
My old pull start engine looked exactly like that when I ran it without the air filter.
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #21015
Tech Addict
 
Darth Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, I just got to installing the 20T pinion just now and this is what I found out...

Firstly, I mounted the 1st gear pinion with the 5x10x4 bearing. Then screwed the 1st gear pinion to the 20T 2nd gear pinion by hand as tight as I could.

Then I screwed the 1st and 2nd gear pinion assembly by screwing the 2nd gear pinion onto the lightened clutchbell. Used my 802514 Serpent Centax-3 Clutch Housing Tool to hold the lightened clutchbell and then used my 1st gear pinion holder to tightened the pinion assembly onto the lightened clutchbell.

When you do this, the 2nd geat 20T pinion automatically gets tightened as well.
Trust the Prophet to come up with the solution...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:08 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net