R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #20866
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Perhaps that crash was bad enough to damage your crystal. So it may have appeared that your crystal died before the crash...

Just test it out. While the Tx and Rx is switched on and connected to the servos, unplug the crystal... I'm pretty sure it'll go into fail safe mode.
Yep, I tried this one before But even when I put the power back on to the car, the fail-safe didn't cut in
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:29 AM   #20867
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default

Talking of spektrum has anybody seem if the reciever fit in the 710?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #20868
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Sow&Steady is using one in his 710.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:20 AM   #20869
Tech Apprentice
 
lagnaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slovenia - Europe
Posts: 55
Send a message via MSN to lagnaf
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Nice Alfa, Julius.

I'm just back from Kirchberg track - long, almost 600km drive Lovely track - easy to start to drive on, but difficult to go fast.

In qualifying, I went straight into the finals in 3rd place - despite the other guys using Lolas (only 3 of us were real men and used TC shells

Final was a disaster, though. In my last qual session, I could feel the grip going away on my 37s - thinking they were starting to overheat, I thought I would run 40s in the final.

Come the final, the car was far too loose - understeer and oversteer - it really wobbled left and right under power and braking. I had Rene running a couple of times to right my car or rescuse it from the grass and eventaully I had a problem with the power connector at the half ways point I had badly positioned the power cable connector and a tiny splash of fuel caused it to short and that was the end of my final.

Rene agreed that I'd driven pretty awful in the final - I think it was 50% driver and 50% tyres. I just couldn't keep consistent with the low grip of the 40 shore tyres. I'd put two ok laps together and then three where I was missing the apexs, etc.

Still it was great fun at the Kirchberg track - the Mega motor was certainly Mega!!! and Rene's pit and tuning work was first rate Big thanks to him for helping me out.
I had the same problem with tyers.
I changed my tyers for finals from F37/R40 to F40/R42. I got the same result as Mark.
We ware both dancing around the track.
That was not all. When i finished the finals I allso noticed that on the lower back arm of my car the pivot ball was allmost pulled out. So my TOE-IN was around 6 on one back wheel.
The engine not performed so well for me. It was going good only beyond 130C.
Does anybody know the factory settings for 201001 MEGA ZX-12 RACE engine ?
The results are here

It was long ride for you Mark. Did you came home before midnight?

Best regards

Ognjen
lagnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #20870
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lagnaf
I had the same problem with tyers.
I changed my tyers for finals from F37/R40 to F40/R42. I got the same result as Mark.
We ware both dancing around the track.
That was not all. When i finished the finals I allso noticed that on the lower back arm of my car the pivot ball was allmost pulled out. So my TOE-IN was around 6 on one back wheel.
The engine not performed so well for me. It was going good only beyond 130C.
Does anybody know the factory settings for 201001 MEGA ZX-12 RACE engine ?
The results are here

It was long ride for you Mark. Did you came home before midnight?

Best regards

Ognjen
Hi Ognjen,

I think I just say made it back before midnight - it was a really long journey, but well worth while.

Yeah, 40s were a bad choice yesterday - I think when in my last qualifying session the grip went away a bit, the track had become a little slippy and it wasn't that my tyres had overheated. Therefore the worst thing I could have done was to switch to 40s.

I'm not sure of the factory settings for the ZX12 - I'll see if I can find out some info, though.

Where you happy with your clutch setting at the end?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #20871
Tech Apprentice
 
lagnaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slovenia - Europe
Posts: 55
Send a message via MSN to lagnaf
Default

Quote:
Where you happy with your clutch setting at the end?
The clutch was OK!
I adjust the spring preetension nut to the point where it begin to slip. Then i just unscrew a litlle bit, so the car realy explode when clutch engage. The clutch is set with hard 1.8 spring, black shue, 0.5 cluth gap, M3x4mm in fly weights and allmost zero endplay.
I must say that engine runs whell. But the problem is temperature on which is runing. When I want to cool down the engine with openning the uper nidlle it yust bogs (fourstrokes) on the straight. But its OK in lower RPM

Best regards

Ognjen
lagnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #20872
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Racinghobbies..Nope!!!....I'm trying to get hooked up myself. Hoping Julius will send me a body I told you to run on VRC. No bodies to paint, no motor to breakin, no dirt under the nails.

Maybe Jag will paint you a body
Don't bet on it... I need to do one for myself. I can't go to the state race with the "same old body". Besides I can't compare with the stuff you guys use.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:13 AM   #20873
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w
Talking of spektrum has anybody seem if the reciever fit in the 710?
No problems. It's about the same size as a Futaba PCM receiver.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #20874
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Smile

Hi I have a question for you the experts of this forum.

We have three drivers that are using Serpent 710 for the first time they where two Mugen MTX3 one TC3, they have decided not to use the serpent any more the reason is the following:

One is using a brand new JP FX 5 full option; the other is using a new Sirio (world Champion version) and the other a Nova Max S5.
All of them went they used this engines with the Serpent 710 their consumption goes high lest than 5 minutes in a very small track (they change the Leigh out with the same problem).
The part that makes this difficult to solve is that all of them when they install the same Engines in a Mugen or a TC3 their consumption goes above 6 minutes (same engines).

They all had change to Yellow choose and 1.8 hard spring, they say that they are using .5 to .6 gap (cant verify that) but the end play it is very small almost no play but it turns good.
All of them had the Front Ball Differential with the (802145) Serpent Servo Lever Front Long + Diffring for 710 Install and the new tank with the gold filter.
All the rest are the aluminum options, all had red spring front and rear.

The question is, what could be the cause (setting) that can make the engine consume more because it is really estrange that this same engines in other cars have excellent speed and very good consumption.
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #20875
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcpanama
Hi I have a question for you the experts of this forum.

We have three drivers that are using Serpent 710 for the first time they where two Mugen MTX3 one TC3, they have decided not to use the serpent any more the reason is the following:

One is using a brand new JP FX 5 full option; the other is using a new Sirio (world Champion version) and the other a Nova Max S5.
All of them went they used this engines with the Serpent 710 their consumption goes high lest than 5 minutes in a very small track (they change the Leigh out with the same problem).
The part that makes this difficult to solve is that all of them when they install the same Engines in a Mugen or a TC3 their consumption goes above 6 minutes (same engines).

They all had change to Yellow choose and 1.8 hard spring, they say that they are using .5 to .6 gap (cant verify that) but the end play it is very small almost no play but it turns good.
All of them had the Front Ball Differential with the (802145) Serpent Servo Lever Front Long + Diffring for 710 Install and the new tank with the gold filter.
All the rest are the aluminum options, all had red spring front and rear.

The question is, what could be the cause (setting) that can make the engine consume more because it is really estrange that this same engines in other cars have excellent speed and very good consumption.
Could be gearing and tyre size .
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #20876
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lagnaf
When I want to cool down the engine with openning the uper nidlle it yust bogs (fourstrokes) on the straight. But its OK in lower RPM
Must richen LSN not HSN, you got it the other way around. The richer the LSN, it become more "life"
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #20877
Tech Apprentice
 
lagnaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slovenia - Europe
Posts: 55
Send a message via MSN to lagnaf
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Must richen LSN not HSN, you got it the other way around. The richer the LSN, it become more "life"
Thanks Pyramid,
It's true!
I was closing the LSN.
When I richen LSN, thus it become more"life" in top RPM?
lagnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #20878
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lagnaf
Thanks Pyramid,
It's true!
I was closing the LSN.
When I richen LSN, thus it become more"life" in top RPM?
By richening the LSN you'll have less heat and possibly better low end power. Because the engine get's less hot you'll be able to lean the HSN again giving you more top end power.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:48 PM   #20879
Tech Apprentice
 
lagnaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slovenia - Europe
Posts: 55
Send a message via MSN to lagnaf
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
By richening the LSN you'll have less heat and possibly better low end power. Because the engine get's less hot you'll be able to lean the HSN again giving you more top end power.
Seems logical to mee
Thanks Julius
Will do that ...

Best regards

Ognjen
lagnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #20880
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
By richening the LSN you'll have less heat and possibly better low end power. Because the engine get's less hot you'll be able to lean the HSN again giving you more top end power.
Julius, do you know the approx factory settings of the Mega.
I was really happy with mine - Rene did a great job of tuning my clutch and engine - ran really perfectly I think I owe him a crate of best Weizen from Bayern
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net