Serpent 710


Old 01-23-2005, 06:52 PM
  #19696  
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: extra body posts

Originally posted by Brett.w
I have seen a few 710 with it looks like front body post sticking out of the back of the rear shock mounts, what is this to do with?
Brett, after experiencing racing and all the things that can happen during that day, I've also started to mount these two body post protruding out towards the rear of the car on the rear shock tower. I have a lot of these spare front body post doing nothing.

It is suppose to support and prevent the rear bodyshell bumper from collapsing and getting stuck under the rear wheels especially during refuelling.
InitialD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
  #19697  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: extra body posts

Originally posted by InitialD
Brett, after experiencing racing and all the things that can happen during that day, I've also started to mount these two body post protruding out towards the rear of the car on the rear shock tower. I have a lot of these spare front body post doing nothing.

It is suppose to support and prevent the rear bodyshell bumper from collapsing and getting stuck under the rear wheels especially during refuelling.
do you just attach them to one of the spare shock holes? and i take it that the end of the body post rests on the rear of the body or do you cut holes in the body and pin them like normal body posts?
Brett.w is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
  #19698  
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Wow, you have a busy year racing coming up.

Oh, check out the latest news post at 3Hobby ... you'll love it 'cos is orange all over!
I will sure to like it.. but I did not get what you meant
Pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
  #19699  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: extra body posts

Originally posted by Brett.w
do you just attach them to one of the spare shock holes? and i take it that the end of the body post rests on the end of the bodyposts or do you cut holes in the body and pin them like normal body posts?
sorry i pushe quote instead of edit!
Brett.w is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:15 PM
  #19700  
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: extra body posts

Originally posted by Brett.w
do you just attach them to one of the spare shock holes? and i take it that the end of the body post rests on the rear of the body or do you cut holes in the body and pin them like normal body posts?
Yes, I mount them using the spare holes on the rear shock tower.

No. You do not need to cut extra holes in the rear of the body. The extra body posts are just there to support the rear part of the bodyshell. Not meant to hold down anything...
InitialD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:18 PM
  #19701  
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Re: Check list

Originally posted by markp27
I'm taking a JP-Fx03 and am collecting a Mega at the track.
Be sure to check crankshaft pin (for conrod) before breaking in
Pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 PM
  #19702  
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Re: Check list

Originally posted by markp27
I'm taking a JP-Fx03 and am collecting a Mega at the track.
Be sure to check crankshaft pin (for conrod) before breaking in
Pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
  #19703  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: extra body posts

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, I mount them using the spare holes on the rear shock tower.

No. You do not need to cut extra holes in the rear of the body. The extra body posts are just there to support the rear part of the bodyshell. Not meant to hold down anything...
Thanks for your help
Brett.w is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:03 PM
  #19704  
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Check list

Originally posted by Pyramid
Be sure to check crankshaft pin (for conrod) before breaking in
For which engine is this? JP-FX or the Mega?

Shouldn't the checking also be AFTER the break-in and not before break-in as mentioned above?
InitialD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:09 PM
  #19705  
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Check list

Originally posted by InitialD
Shouldn't the checking also be AFTER the break-in and not before break-in as mentioned above?
It meant for precaution only.

Last edited by Pyramid; 01-23-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:11 PM
  #19706  
Tech Addict
 
TitaniumR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 534
Default fly wheel problem?

Hello to all here,

My 710's got a strange problem. After taking out my engine mounts and replacing with the serpent hop up one piece type, my hand held starter and starter box cannot reach the flywheel and is almost impossible to crank the engine. I switch back to stock engine mounts but same problem persist. There were some changes I did in going to the one piece mount:

1. Engine changed from 12 JP S5 to Max 15.
2. Take out shim behind flywheel so that I can tighten spring further.

FYI, I did try changing back to the JP S5 on the one piece mount and the starter box cannot crank it either.

Anyone encounter this? Should I try milling off top of one piece mount by 1mm to get the fly wheel deeper into the chassis' slot? Thanks for your help.
TitaniumR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 PM
  #19707  
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: fly wheel problem?

Originally posted by TitaniumR
Should I try milling off top of one piece mount by 1mm to get the fly wheel deeper into the chassis' slot? Thanks for your help.
It does not meant for that, only for lower CG. I`m sure you have missed something, more on stater box side, unless you put in different flywheel sizes
Pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:25 PM
  #19708  
Tech Addict
 
TitaniumR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 534
Default Re: Re: fly wheel problem?

Originally posted by Pyramid
It does not meant for that, only for lower CG. I`m sure you have missed something, more on stater box side, unless you put in different flywheel sizes
Mine is the stock black flywheel. One more thing- I use MrChan's 710 on my hand held and starter box, no problem starting.

Thanks.
TitaniumR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:33 PM
  #19709  
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Re: Re: fly wheel problem?

Originally posted by TitaniumR
Mine is the stock black flywheel. One more thing- I use MrChan's 710 on my hand held and starter box, no problem starting.

Thanks.
ahh then Mr. Chan should be able to see what`s the matter? he is very experience with all snake tales
Pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:10 PM
  #19710  
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: fly wheel problem?

Originally posted by TitaniumR
2. Take out shim behind flywheel so that I can tighten spring further.
Why do you need to do that? The spring not tight enough?

On a side note, if you take out say a 0.2 mm shim behind the flywheel, make sure you add 0.2 mm shim in the front where the thrust bearing is to get back the same clutch gap.

Originally posted by TitaniumR
FYI, I did try changing back to the JP S5 on the one piece mount and the starter box cannot crank it either.
The one piece mount and the stock engine mount is the same height. So it should not matter.

I think the problem is the alignment of the flywheel is not centered in the chassis hole where the flywheel is suppose to protrude out making it difficult for the flywheel to contact the starter wheel of the starter box.
InitialD is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service