R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2005, 01:55 AM   #19261
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Pyramid is suggesting you to run slightly bigger rear tires than front to compensate for the faster rear tire wear. But that would sometimes give you an oversteer car on power because of the rear wheels pushing the front on power.

To circumvent this, there is another way described below which is what Pyramid and Goldfinger is currently using which is to use 46T Serpent 705 rear diff pulley (stock 710 is 45T). This would give you some front overdrive (front tire rollout more than rear tire rollout). To get back the same front and rear tire rollout, you use about 2 to 3 mm smaller front tires (or 2 or 3 mm bigger rear tires) to get the same front and rear tire rollout. This is exactly what is done on the 1/8th scale.

By doing this, your rear tires will somehow wear about the same rate as the front (always about 2 or 3 mm difference in diameter most of the time) so that you can get the car to handle the same in a long main.
But would this make my car have more push in the turns?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #19262
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Re: Re: Tires

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w
Is this a good or bad thing?
Brett, no one could have explainned better than Prophet D

The same rate of wear between front and rear is a must if you want your car to handle the same from beggining to end. And most of the time you would have to find other thing to adjust to compensate what you are trying to do to have same wear so that the car handle as you wanted.

D, the Serpent Nitro Tour would run in clockwise direction in case you are not aware of, but I doubt it
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #19263
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mariche
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
Well this is what I got different from my fist kit that I bought dec 2003

Purple hose,
black fly wheel,
stronger bumper top plate, (I was a bevel and I think the original did not) and bottom

Im not sure about the shock tower, but it seems a little ticker compare to the deck.

anyway, the tools arent a big deal, and I think they got "stolen" from my kit.

and Im not worried about the extra pistons.
Fuel tank filter is made of brass in newer kits.
Fernando_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #19264
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Fernando_M
Fuel tank filter is made of brass in newer kits.
Yeap ... better than the white rubbish.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #19265
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South FLorida
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Default I called serpent

I was told that only the front bumper is updated in the kit !

everything else are options, and the "tool" and ackerman are an optional bag that you purchase.
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #19266
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: I called serpent

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
I was told that only the front bumper is updated in the kit !

everything else are options, and the "tool" and ackerman are an optional bag that you purchase.
Apparently not ... depending on where you and when you bought your kit.

Look here, I was quite taken aback to find that so much more is included and/or has changed.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #19267
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default Just Info

Comparing the very first kit I built 13.5 months ( ) ago with my 3 days ago kit, here is the different :
1. Stronger upper and lower bumper plate
2. Black coated flywheel
3. Thicker CF rear tower
4. Brown coated 1st pinion (17t sometimes 16t)
5. Stone type filter inside tanks
6. Purple silicone hose
7. Longer (about 2mm) rear lower wishbone
8. Extra tool /parts in separate bag :
- fixed and adjustable (4 hole) shock piston
- centax and neeple tool
- 2nd gear housing release tool
- 1mm roll center spacer
9. longer belt-tensioner-shaft, with .2 notch addition

At least thats all i can remember but I believe since the 3rd batch, serpent is upgrading their moulding. Especially on knuckle and upright part where we used to having difficulties to screw in the adjusting nut M10 and now the problem is gone.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #19268
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Refference to all attending racers for Serpent Nitro Challenge 2005,

1/10 CLASS REGULATION

Body Rules

Only PROTOFORM and PRO-LINE Touring Car 200mm. body shell allowed.
Bodies are not to be cut above the lower bumper line at the front or the back or above the bottom line of the doors.
Only the following air holes and sizes are permitted in the bodyshells:
 One (1) cooling hole may be cut in the front windscreen only with a maximum dimension in any direction of 80.00mm.
 On the roof Two holes may be cut. One 15.00mm maximum diameter hole in the roof for glow plug access. The other hole for refueling purpose no larger than 50.00mm. in any direction.
 Both side windows and the rear window can be removed for ventilation.
 Small holes can be made for the exhaust pipe, transponder and radio antenna.

Engine Rule
Engine capacity is to be maximum .15 (2.5cc) only.
Only small block .15 is allowed.

Chassis Rule
Only Serpent Impulse, Impulse pro, 705 and 710 are allowed.


Car Inspection

During qualify session, all cars are subjected to inspection by race organizer, after each heat. Penalty for rules violation is disqualification of heat result.
During Final heat, inspection can also be applied. Penalty for RULE violation is DNF (do not finish) of Final result.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:04 AM   #19269
Tech Elite
 
spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SydNeeeeY
Posts: 4,559
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Just Info

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Comparing the very first kit I built 13.5 months ( ) ago with my 3 days ago kit, here is the different :
1. Stronger upper and lower bumper plate
2. Black coated flywheel
3. Thicker CF rear tower
4. Brown coated 1st pinion (17t sometimes 16t)
5. Stone type filter inside tanks
6. Purple silicone hose
7. Longer (about 2mm) rear lower wishbone
8. Extra tool /parts in separate bag :
- fixed and adjustable (4 hole) shock piston
- centax and neeple tool
- 2nd gear housing release tool
- 1mm roll center spacer
9. longer belt-tensioner-shaft, with .2 notch addition

At least thats all i can remember but I believe since the 3rd batch, serpent is upgrading their moulding. Especially on knuckle and upright part where we used to having difficulties to screw in the adjusting nut M10 and now the problem is gone.
any idea how to know if the kit is the new batch? serial number? seems like its a fantastic deal now
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:09 AM   #19270
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Refference to all attending racers for Serpent Nitro Challenge 2005,

1/10 CLASS REGULATION

Body Rules

Only PROTOFORM and PRO-LINE Touring Car 200mm. body shell allowed.
Bodies are not to be cut above the lower bumper line at the front or the back or above the bottom line of the doors.
Only the following air holes and sizes are permitted in the bodyshells:
 One (1) cooling hole may be cut in the front windscreen only with a maximum dimension in any direction of 80.00mm.
 On the roof Two holes may be cut. One 15.00mm maximum diameter hole in the roof for glow plug access. The other hole for refueling purpose no larger than 50.00mm. in any direction.
 Both side windows and the rear window can be removed for ventilation.
 Small holes can be made for the exhaust pipe, transponder and radio antenna.

Engine Rule
Engine capacity is to be maximum .15 (2.5cc) only.
Only small block .15 is allowed.

Chassis Rule
Only Serpent Impulse, Impulse pro, 705 and 710 are allowed.


Car Inspection

During qualify session, all cars are subjected to inspection by race organizer, after each heat. Penalty for rules violation is disqualification of heat result.
During Final heat, inspection can also be applied. Penalty for RULE violation is DNF (do not finish) of Final result.

Really wishing I could be there ...
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:49 AM   #19271
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Just Info

Quote:
Originally posted by spawn
any idea how to know if the kit is the new batch? serial number? seems like its a fantastic deal now
Resistance is futile ! Yeild ! Muahahah...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #19272
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Really wishing I could be there ...
Make it happen Onkel Sow.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:52 AM   #19273
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Just Info

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Comparing the very first kit I built 13.5 months ( ) ago with my 3 days ago kit, here is the different :
How are we going to go against you when you have a brand new 710 and a brand new .15 engine?

BTW, good summary Bro.

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
6. Purple silicone hose
And that is suppose to make you faster?

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
9. longer belt-tensioner-shaft, with .2 notch addition
This is new to me. Any way of showing a pic of this?

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Especially on knuckle and upright part where we used to having difficulties to screw in the adjusting nut M10 and now the problem is gone.
Bro, as far as I can remember, when Serpent came out with the 710 or even when the FC steering block (steering block the same as the 710) came out as an option for 705, the problem of treading these M10 pivot ball retaining nuts were already gone...

When are you guys arriving in Bangkok?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #19274
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Make it happen Onkel Sow.
One of these days D, one of these days ... just hope I'm not too old by the time I get there!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #19275
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Book me a place for next year D - I feel the world tour coming on
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net