R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2004, 08:34 PM   #19081
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Just like those Sirio's...
They're supposed to be a high-pricing-engine killer but the fact still tells different story
Ok, the jury is out there on this one... Let us go and see for ourselves these engines in Thailand when Rick V. and Michael Salven fit their 950R with the new Mega engines... I'm pretty sure those other guys will use top of the line Max and JP engines.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:43 PM   #19082
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
yes bro.
In early stage, there is some information that the gasket size is slight different than novas one.
Hows Bandung sir ?
Hola como esta bro....
Sad but true, 2005 doesn't look bright in Bdg onroad scene. I might either take a little break or get busy in the dust for awhile.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:21 AM   #19083
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Just like those Sirio's...
They're supposed to be a high-pricing-engine killer but the fact still tells different story
I paid $190 for a brand new 12TRPI Evo II, I haven't run it in yet but even if it doesn't out perform my JP-FX, I don't really mind. The JP-FX full option cost twice that amount and as they say, you get what you pay for ... usually. Sometimes you get a bargain but there's no free lunch in this world ... usually.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:36 AM   #19084
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default Mega

Do you guys think that the Mega engines the Serpent guys used over at the Worlds are the same we will get?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:35 AM   #19085
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, the jury is out there on this one... Let us go and see for ourselves these engines in Thailand when Rick V. and Michael Salven fit their 950R with the new Mega engines... I'm pretty sure those other guys will use top of the line Max and JP engines.
Ok Mr.D ..Before you see Michael Salven 's car + Mega engine ...

So, You see my one first !!






MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:46 AM   #19086
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default

IS THAT THE 950R?DAMN THE COMBO LOOKS GOOD.....NOW ALL U HAVE TO DO IS TRY IT OUT.....LET US KNOW....AND I WANT MORE PICS MR CHAN.....CHOCO
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:50 AM   #19087
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default

I WANT TO SEE THE PIC WITH THE BODY ON MR CHAN.....PLEASE....THANKS CHOCO
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:58 AM   #19088
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I paid $190 for a brand new 12TRPI Evo II, I haven't run it in yet but even if it doesn't out perform my JP-FX, I don't really mind. The JP-FX full option cost twice that amount and as they say, you get what you pay for ... usually. Sometimes you get a bargain but there's no free lunch in this world ... usually.
Sure, but you're not comparing as apple to apple. Maybe you should compare those stock engine to also a stock engine such as Novarossi NSR or the JP FXS. The price is about the same and I believe so does the power.

I'm not saying an engine that has lower price definitely has less power. But using lower price engine and combine with outrageous high price of fuel to get fast just make it even worse

Last edited by daniz24; 12-22-2004 at 08:10 AM.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:07 AM   #19089
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, the jury is out there on this one... Let us go and see for ourselves these engines in Thailand when Rick V. and Michael Salven fit their 950R with the new Mega engines... I'm pretty sure those other guys will use top of the line Max and JP engines.
Again it's not apple to apple. I'm sure M.Salven is outranked those drivers. Maybe you should compare him with Osaka (JP) or Fantini (Novamax). Then you'll get your judgement fair enough.

And as you know WM from HKG has many influenced supporter in Thailand from its distributor, I'm pretty sure all or at least most of them (including Thailand Serpent Team) will use the new Mega engines...

And yes, factory spec engines does make a big difference. That's the only reason why an unknown driver from an unknown country can beat a lot more experienced driver (including Salven) at the Worlds...

Last edited by daniz24; 12-22-2004 at 08:13 AM.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:22 AM   #19090
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Mega

Quote:
Originally posted by jag
Do you guys think that the Mega engines the Serpent guys used over at the Worlds are the same we will get?
It would always be the same question to all other brand in existance.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #19091
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default Re: Re: Mega

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
It would always be the same question to all other brand in existance.
True, but I heard that MS gave away a Mega engine, that he won a big race with, to another racer after he took it apart infront of everybody. If that was some wild one-of-a-kind engine, he would not have done that, I don't think.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:09 PM   #19092
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Sure, but you're not comparing as apple to apple. Maybe you should compare those stock engine to also a stock engine such as Novarossi NSR or the JP FXS. The price is about the same and I believe so does the power.


I see what you're saying. The problem for us in Europe is that stock engines are expensive ... I don't know where you can get an engine like the Evo II for that amount of money in the UK for example.

Quote:
I'm not saying an engine that has lower price definitely has less power. But using lower price engine and combine with outrageous high price of fuel to get fast just make it even worse
I agree with you there. Ultimately, for the car to be fast it has to be good as a system (engine, fuel, clutch, gearing, set-up, aero, tyres and efficiency) and needs a good operator for the system (driver and radio)!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #19093
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
...

And yes, factory spec engines does make a big difference. That's the only reason why an unknown driver from an unknown country can beat a lot more experienced driver (including Salven) at the Worlds...
So you're saying Teddy had a special made factory engine (other than the EvoII he used)?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:12 PM   #19094
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: Re: Mega

Quote:
Originally posted by jag
True, but I heard that MS gave away a Mega engine, that he won a big race with, to another racer after he took it apart infront of everybody. If that was some wild one-of-a-kind engine, he would not have done that, I don't think.
I completely agree with you there. I think he did the same at the Worlds ... gave his engine to some racer.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #19095
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Again it's not apple to apple. I'm sure M.Salven is outranked those drivers. Maybe you should compare him with Osaka (JP) or Fantini (Novamax). Then you'll get your judgement fair enough.
Darling, I hope im on the same heat with sir salven, which is I thought it was impossible..
But hey... who knows..
Then I can tell you honestly how his engine performs and how bad he beat my khm.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:10 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net