R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2004, 08:00 PM   #18946
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
You mentioned updating the servo saver , what is the difference and is there an issue with the kit one ?
No issue with the stock kit one. But if your track is a flowing type with high speed sweepers, the newer and longer servo saver has less Ackerman and you'll have more corner speed with that on the car.

For me, I find that the newer servo saver also has a smaller turning radius which is good for smaller and tighter tracks that I run because for the same amount of turn on the Tx, you get more steering throw.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
How does Serpent customer support compare to other brands ?
I would say that they are pretty good, if not amongst the best. In fact, the customer support coming from Serpent Holland is as good if not better.

We initially complained about certain parts of the car not being up to par and they responded by making harder and better parts a few months later in their running change. That's what I call service.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #18947
jas
Tech Apprentice
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 90
Default Steering and throttle combo

Would the KO 2344 (0.13s) as a steering servo be "too slow" for the 710? I already have a 2343 (0.08s) but not sure if I should use hi-torque for steering and hi speed for throttle or the other way around? Or the milliseconds in difference really doesn't matter?
Thanks!
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:19 PM   #18948
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Steering and throttle combo

Quote:
Originally posted by jas
Would the KO 2344 (0.13s) as a steering servo be "too slow" for the 710? I already have a 2343 (0.08s) but not sure if I should use hi-torque for steering and hi speed for throttle or the other way around? Or the milliseconds in difference really doesn't matter?
Thanks!
Ummm, if PSI Racing was around, he'll definitely point you to the thread he asked Josh Cyrul about the same questions you're asking here. BTW, Josh Cyrul apparently uses 2344 on all of his gas cars (1/8th and 1/10th).

I guess it's personal preference... For me, the 2343 has more than enough torque for 1/8th scale steering servo much less for a 1/10th scale ! Some people cannot drive with a fast servo and slow analog servos are the only way for them. Some people like to get the fastest servo they can get on the steering.

But for throttle brake servo, I would go with high torque servos. And a lot of people will say that for throttle brake servo, go for analog type instead of digital. Less chances of a failure. I believe someone mentioned before that using too fast servos made engine tuning very difficult...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:19 AM   #18949
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Forgas State Race

Quote:
Originally posted by impalabob64
Sup guys ,MARK ,D,my 710 brothern been busy ,how is everyone,got a state race this weekend ,i will be running a modified ns3 race, with the new powermax ,header an pipe combo,an will be trying out the rd logics cvds for the frt.The race will be held at the kissimee track, I raced there last month running frt an rear balldiff ,it worked perfect.So tell me whats new out there for our 710s.Oh i seen some rrr out there, they are really fast.
Hi impalabob64,

Long time no hear!

Well it is deepest winter over here in Germany, so the 710 has been mothballed for a couple of months now As for new bits - like D said above, the only real important ones for me are the new rear sway bars and the longer servo saver - nothing much else to consider.

I'll be getting myself the front diff, too - just in case I need it for the Winternats.

Actually, I got myself an RRR to test - I'm not going to be replacing the 710 with it, I just wanted to see what it was like. You can read my build write up here

Have fun at the race My racing is now limited to Virtual Racing.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:36 AM   #18950
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Forgas State Race

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Have fun at the race My racing is now limited to Virtual Racing.
So you're now "busy" on the PC huh? Gotcha !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:38 AM   #18951
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Forgas State Race

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
So you're now "busy" on the PC huh? Gotcha !
Oops, giving me secrets away! Well, I would be busier on the PC if I had the Winternats track *cough* *cough*

Have you tried VRC with the USB thingy yet - it is amazing. I can see I will learn a lot about setup from this "toy"
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:48 AM   #18952
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgas State Race

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Oops, giving me secrets away! Well, I would be busier on the PC if I had the Winternats track *cough* *cough*
Perhaps those guys are keeping it for themselves !

But I think with the changes that are currently ongoing with the Winternats track, it's pointless to offer it as nobody knows how the track is going to be...

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Have you tried VRC with the USB thingy yet - it is amazing. I can see I will learn a lot about setup from this "toy"
I've downloaded it but not installed it yet ! Too busy with work... I'll get down to ordering one.

You see, on weekends, we have real RC cars to play with... With all the glory of the nitro fuel smoke and sound realism... <rub, rub>
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:11 AM   #18953
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgas State Race

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Perhaps those guys are keeping it for themselves !
You may very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment

Quote:
But I think with the changes that are currently ongoing with the Winternats track, it's pointless to offer it as nobody knows how the track is going to be...
It will still be useful to get a feel for the layout and the driver stand position - I don't think the track layout has changed that much.


Quote:
I've downloaded it but not installed it yet ! Too busy with work... I'll get down to ordering one.
shame on you!!

Quote:
You see, on weekends, we have real RC cars to play with... With all the glory of the nitro fuel smoke and sound realism... <rub, rub>
You had to mention that didn't you
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 AM   #18954
Tech Addict
 
TitaniumR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD



I would say that they are pretty good, if not amongst the best. In fact, the customer support coming from Serpent Holland is as good if not better.

[/B]
I would think that this thread gives the best/fastest 710 support than to go thru mytsn! Thanks guys!
TitaniumR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:22 AM   #18955
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TitaniumR
I would think that this thread gives the best/fastest 710 support than to go thru mytsn! Thanks guys!
Ssshhh !

Hey, are you going to Thailand in January? What about MrChan? He's suppose to show us the ropes and bring us to the power power places...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:34 AM   #18956
Tech Elite
 
crashed_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: i love my job
Posts: 4,985
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
He's suppose to show us the ropes and bring us to the power power places...
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 AM   #18957
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
Wooi ! Don't pretend...

You can stay in the hotel room and isolate yourself if you want.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #18958
Tech Elite
 
crashed_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: i love my job
Posts: 4,985
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Wooi ! Don't pretend...

You can stay in the hotel room and isolate yourself if you want.
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:57 AM   #18959
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Bali Open Race - Results

A Final - Result:
1 PETER WIDJAJA (Serpent 710) 173 Laps
2 FAYAKHUN TKI (V1RRR) 165 Laps
3 ALBERT (R40) 159 Laps
4 JEFFRY NINE BALL (Serpent 710) 159 Laps
5 ARIFIN TAN (Serpent 710) 151 Laps
6 SADIKIN A.C (V1RRR) 143 Laps
7 DONI AGUNG (FW05R) 140 Laps
8 EVAN SALU (MTX3) 140 Laps
9 RISMAN (Serpent 710) 133 Laps
10 HERI (Serpent 710) 120 Laps

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10815
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #18960
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Bali Open Race - Results

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
A Final - Result:
1 PETER WIDJAJA (Serpent 710) 173 Laps
2 FAYAKHUN TKI (V1RRR) 165 Laps
3 ALBERT (R40) 159 Laps
4 JEFFRY NINE BALL (Serpent 710) 159 Laps
5 ARIFIN TAN (Serpent 710) 151 Laps
6 SADIKIN A.C (V1RRR) 143 Laps
7 DONI AGUNG (FW05R) 140 Laps
8 EVAN SALU (MTX3) 140 Laps
9 RISMAN (Serpent 710) 133 Laps
10 HERI (Serpent 710) 120 Laps

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10815
The usual suspects! Well done boys!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net