R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-18-2003, 10:51 PM   #1831
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 Screw Count

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I think the "problem" lies in the different servos used.
...Ok Thanks for your confirmation.
Im just curious that I made a mistake.

So your 710 will hit the road this sunday?
This afternoon my snake will hit the road for the 1st time. 100% out of the box.

BTW, Rene.. total time to build untill it hit the road is 5hr chasis kit, no shocks+elctronics. Another 5-6 hours to build it to final assembly. Plus 4 hours to make final check and setup adjusment.
So its 15 hours to completely "on the road" is it still a record ??
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:01 PM   #1832
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 Screw Count

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
...Ok Thanks for your confirmation.
Im just curious that I made a mistake.
Ok, just found a statement or an update article on mytsn concerning the 950R that can somehow be applied to the 710 to a certain extent...

Watch the neutral position of the servo-lever very carefully when mounting the servo. For Sanwa and similar servo’s the distance of the linkage of 42.4mm is correct. With KO you need to use 35-38mm length; you may need to use shorter ball-joints and or a shorter set-screws to reach this size. The leverage-hole in the radioplate may not be used completely !

That article can be found here.

So what I guessed earlier could be correct and what your findings on the linkage length you ended with seemed to correlate with mytsn's statement. I guess they will update the i-manual on mystn for the 710.

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
So your 710 will hit the road this sunday?
Hehehe, do you think it'll hit the road since after you mentioned that it takes 15 hours to build it considering I'm still at work and have not assembled anything yet? I need a miracle !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:07 PM   #1833
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie

Ahh thanks InitialD, I got your 710, will do the break in tomorrow.
For anyone else who wants a custom expert break in job.. please send me your 710.... Of course its free of charge
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:08 PM   #1834
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
Wanchai man! Those bastards only gimmie 15%.... Hey are you heading to PYC this saturday?? Comeon!!!1
Go to Kowloon side and you 'll get more discount. Did you go to PYC last Saturday? I did but I did not see other snake on the track. It was really hard to set up my car to suit the track and my snake was finally damaged. I have not repaired it yet and I decide to buy a new G4 as I noticed a standard G4 run fantastic at the track with knife sharp cornering performance. I'll give you pm if I go to PYC next time
utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:13 PM   #1835
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by utopian
I have not repaired it yet and I decide to buy a new G4 as I noticed a standard G4 run fantastic at the track with knife sharp cornering performance. I'll give you pm if I go to PYC next time
Ummm, why buy the G4 when you can get the 710?

You can always ask lawndoggie to break in and condition the car to the track for you like what I did for mine !
Old 12-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #1836
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Go to Kowloon side and you 'll get more discount.
I believe in Kowloon, there are only two shops that are snake certified ! Mr. Lam and the other shop Wing Jet. Which one do you go to?
Old 12-18-2003, 11:38 PM   #1837
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Ummm, why buy the G4 when you can get the 710?

You can always ask lawndoggie to break in and condition the car to the track for you like what I did for mine !
Sorry to talk about G4 at this column as the snaker would kill me. I was really impressed by the cornering ability of the G4! I have owned half dozen of Serpent cars since my first Excel. I notice that most likely all snake are inherent understeer. So I am pleased to have a car which willing to turn. Master D, as I have said that I am waiting your comment to the 710. I will replace my old Impulse with the 710 when it is race proven! Lawndoggie, I have sent pm to you.
utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #1838
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Sorry to talk about G4 at this column as the snaker would kill me.
Naah, I believe it is your own free speech to talk about any car here as long as it is constructive, appropriate and makes sense unlike some other forums where it is taboo !

Yeah, I'm hoping to start building the car today (not even talking about finishing it ). In any case, I'm sure you can rely on others first to give you a good review of the car.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:20 AM   #1839
Tech Addict

Default 710 Photos

There are about 20 high res photos posted of the 710 in the new 'onroad' conference at Starting Grid. They're in Item #5. To get there, go to http://www.rc-racing.com, go to the conferences, go to the 'onroad' conference (otherwise known as 'sgrid8', and read item #5. That will get you the mid-size images. Click on any of them, and you'll get the full size image.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:21 AM   #1840
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default best place to buy?

where's the cheapest best place to get the 710 right now?

no preorders please!

i want an online store that has the snakes in stock!

thanks
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:29 AM   #1841
Tech Elite

Quote:
Naah, I believe it is your own free speech to talk about any car here as long as it is constructive, appropriate and makes sense unlike some other forums where it is taboo !

Yeah, I'm hoping to start building the car today (not even talking about finishing it ). In any case, I'm sure you can rely on others first to give you a good review of the car.
Hurry up and get your butt off that chair and start wrenching...That way we can have 2 debuts tomorrow.
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:33 AM   #1842
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
Hurry up and get your butt off that chair and start wrenching...That way we can have 2 debuts tomorrow.
I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow morning when I go buy my LOTR tickets.....kekekek
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:39 AM   #1843
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710 Photos

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemyers
There are about 20 high res photos posted of the 710 in the new 'onroad' conference at Starting Grid. They're in Item #5. To get there, go to http://www.rc-racing.com, go to the conferences, go to the 'onroad' conference (otherwise known as 'sgrid8', and read item #5. That will get you the mid-size images. Click on any of them, and you'll get the full size image.
Thanks Mike. Is this the one? I think Herbie posted it here on December 5th...
Old 12-19-2003, 12:41 AM   #1844
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by spawn
I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow morning when I go buy my LOTR tickets.....kekekek
What happened to the numbers I gave you for the afternoon slots?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:43 AM   #1845
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
What happened to the numbers I gave you for the afternoon slots?
okay okay will go pick them up but just in case it rains I will go in the morning to see if I can catch it in the morning coz my car isnt waterproof.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote