R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2004, 02:04 AM   #17536
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
So that means Craig Drescher is #10 now and Mark Green goes to the bottom.

That company also probably "bought" other essential "personnel" too? I doubt it.
who knows, pre-determined result in compitition is common and under table enough.
as long as someone is powerful enough (in the case of money and influence) cheating is common.

how can a same fueltank suddenly become bigger? expansion due to the temperature?
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:05 AM   #17537
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
From what I hear, two very dynamic, young lady killers
Ahem ... *rubbing nail on chest*.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:16 AM   #17538
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Car Breaker
who knows, pre-determined result in compitition is common and under table enough.
as long as someone is powerful enough (in the case of money and influence) cheating is common.
No comments ... I don't want all us Serpent folks get labeled as sore losers. I've said this at 3hobby and I'll say it again (and another old man here agrees 'cos he says it too) ... the 710 has 7 national titles as well as the European Champion. We KNOW its a great and fast car. In an world class event, a long final can have many outcomes and money thrown to a "dream team" and the best equipment WILL bring huge advantages.

Quote:
how can a same fueltank suddenly become bigger? expansion due to the temperature?
I'm afraid it does. Temperature variations DO expand the tank quite a bit.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:22 AM   #17539
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I'm afraid it does. Temperature variations DO expand the tank quite a bit.
Yes. That's why in the last 2003 Euros where Michael was champ with the 705 (God Bless it's soul), they cooled the cars down in an airconditioned room before taking measurements.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:26 AM   #17540
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
No comments ... I don't want all us Serpent folks get labeled as sore losers. I've said this at 3hobby and I'll say it again (and another old man here agrees 'cos he says it too) ... the 710 has 7 national titles as well as the European Champion. We KNOW its a great and fast car. In an world class event, a long final can have many outcomes and money thrown to a "dream team" and the best equipment WILL bring huge advantages.
My opinion is simply that Kyosho are doing a very good job out there - I'm not of the opinion that anyone is playing any cloak-and-daggers games here. Even if a team bought a load of star drivers, it isn't certain that they would perform, look at where some of the pre-favourites are - way down on the list.

I'm enjoying the coverage and the competition of the WC - what ever the outcome.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:35 AM   #17541
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
My opinion is simply that Kyosho are doing a very good job out there - I'm not of the opinion that anyone is playing any cloak-and-daggers games here. Even if a team bought a load of star drivers, it isn't certain that they would perform, look at where some of the pre-favourites are - way down on the list.

I'm enjoying the coverage and the competition of the WC - what ever the outcome.
Agreed, that's why I said at 3hobby.com that Kyosho deserves to win this one.

... am enjoying it too but this is like going to a lap dancing thingy ... can look at bits only and can't touch!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 AM   #17542
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yes. That's why in the last 2003 Euros where Michael was champ with the 705 (God Bless it's soul), they cooled the cars down in an airconditioned room before taking measurements.
The prophet needs to bless his 710 perhaps for this one?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:38 AM   #17543
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Agreed, that's why I said at 3hobby.com that Kyosho deserves to win this one.

... am enjoying it too but this is like going to a lap dancing thingy ... can look at bits only and can't touch!
You need to go to Macau
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:11 AM   #17544
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Is that true that the RRR is specifically designed for bumpy tracks? They should name it RRR Brazillian spec GOAAAALLLLLLLLL !
If the kick up/down can be adjusted... it is design for bumpy track.. if not, then we know who said it just BS
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:13 AM   #17545
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Unfortunately ... unless Pyramid can send him a special set of orange "shoes" real quick!
He brings enough as current full sponsored GQ Indonesia Driver.

Last edited by Pyramid; 10-14-2004 at 04:11 AM.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:59 AM   #17546
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Serpent Motorsport sign rising star ‘Rick V’

It's now official !

http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=10733

It looks like those pics were taken before MS left for Brazil.

p/s: Dates mentioned for the Winternats are incorrect. They should be February 6-12, 2005.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:12 AM   #17547
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

I wonder if those grey short sleeve shirts are still in production. That'd be very nice to put on.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:17 AM   #17548
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Serpent Motorsport sign rising star ‘Rick V’

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
It's now official !

http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=10733

It looks like those pics were taken before MS left for Brazil.

p/s: Dates mentioned for the Winternats are incorrect. They should be February 6-12, 2005.
Good to know the news is now coming out This means the news of Sow and myself can't be too far behind this announcement
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:22 AM   #17549
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
In an world class event, a long final can have many outcomes and money thrown to a "dream team" and the best equipment WILL bring huge advantages.

look how well it worked for Team Associated..
__________________
www.fastharry.com---search "fastharry" on facebook
See Fastharry in Super Nitro racing at the HPI CHALLENGE...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:43 AM   #17550
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 101
Default

well, there are now 8 Kyosho RRR and 2 Serpent 710 among the top 10 i VM Brazil................
Finken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net