Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: New Mega's

Originally posted by Julius
Interesting story!
Oh speak of the devil himself !

I opened up my engine for the dutch team to see how it looked inside. As far as pricing policy: Nothing is fixed yet but the MS version will still be cheaper than the stock Nova based engines.
Oh yes !
Old 09-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New Mega's

I,ve had some time off on holiday but I've been keeping track of you, Sow and D's ramblings!
Ramblings? They are certainly not mine ! Perhaps you mistook me with those two other jokers. I could not have as I was also "away" for a while.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: New Mega's

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Having said that I've posted issues and questions for Serpent on myTSN in the past and 90% of the time there are no replies.!
Onkel Sow, caught you sleeping again ! You've not been reading your replies on mytsn then !
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
There I am trying to work on Julius slowly and you go and blurt it all out in one go
Forgive Onkel Sow. Sometimes he fumbles on things like this, you know...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

From a reliable source, Serpent prefer the new servo saver to the short wheelbase mod, which they have also tested.

I think you have the RING today.

Having said that, I think we have to see how tracks are like in Europe / Holland compared to how other tracks in other parts of the world are like. Perhaps flowing tracks with lots of high speed sweapers prefer the new servo saver due to less Ackerman and less scrubbing of speed whilst smaller tighter tracks in other parts of the world would prefer the SWB mod better... Just perhaps.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Optional Servosaver Arm

Originally posted by InitialD
I'm just guessing but the way I read about it, for the same setting on the Tx with the steering servo, you get more throw for the new steering servo.

I think a simple reduction in the Tx setting on the steering throw will solve the problem.

Ok I did change the way I was using the linkage I install the ball in the servo saver bellow instead of in top and it worked.

I will be testing this effect of the new servo saver on Saturday because I have a race on Sunday.

Thanks for the help
Old 09-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Uh oh!!! Sow, 3hobby has kicked me out - ...
Its trying to say something about things to come this weekend!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Optional Servosaver Arm

Sorry, no dimensions. Just by eyeball methods. If you put both cars on the tweak station, you will notice that the 705 has a shorter wheelbase compared relatively to the 710.
No probs thanks., Mark posted it ... the 705 is shorter by 2mm.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New Mega's

Onkel Sow, caught you sleeping again ! You've not been reading your replies on mytsn then !

I better go check ... normally I get an email if there was a reply.

To be honest I am expecting a definite answer on the issue of the 16-61 combo. It was a question specifically dierected to Serpent too.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

I think you have the RING today.

Having said that, I think we have to see how tracks are like in Europe / Holland compared to how other tracks in other parts of the world are like. Perhaps flowing tracks with lots of high speed sweapers prefer the new servo saver due to less Ackerman and less scrubbing of speed whilst smaller tighter tracks in other parts of the world would prefer the SWB mod better... Just perhaps.
You'hit this one on the head. Most of the tracks in recent championships were the large and flowing variety.

The Asian tracks will require the SWB mod.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Its trying to say something about things to come this weekend!
You're sure about that?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Mega's

To be honest I am expecting a definite answer on the issue of the 16-61 combo. It was a question specifically dierected to Serpent too.
Ah... For me, there's definitely voodoo about that combo. I'll admit that I had my fair share of the 61 spur stripping with the 16T but none afterwards after meshing it properly.

I believe I saw a new 16T in the new orange packing the other day at the LHS. Don't know if it is indeed a new revision which may solved the voodoo "issues". But I know the coating / colour is definitely different like what Serpent has hinted earlier.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

You're sure about that?
Acutally no ... its going to be tough to use an OS-12TR to beat one of those blue-heads!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Mega's

Ah... For me, there's definitely voodoo about that combo. I'll admit that I had my fair share of the 61 spur stripping with the 16T but none afterwards after meshing it properly.

I believe I saw a new 16T in the new orange packing the other day at the LHS. Don't know if it is indeed a new revision which may solved the voodoo "issues". But I know the coating / colour is definitely different like what Serpent has hinted earlier.
Yes, that's kinda what I was expecting to hear. Just tell us something like ... "oops, we've gotten the diameter of the 16 too small, so we'll re-engineer the 16 with slightly larger one" ... or whatever.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Acutally no ... its going to be tough to use an OS-12TR to beat one of those blue-heads!
The FORCE / RING.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.