Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS Sonic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GS Sonic?

hey guys, I'm looking at buying this car. It looks like a 1/8 scale.

The guy says it's a GS Sonic and that he bought it NEW just recently but I can't find anywhere that sells them or spare parts for them.
Is it really a GS Sonic or is it called something else?
Is it worth buying or will it be too much trouble getting parts for it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't bother.

Yep, its a GS Sonic but as far as i know, GS hasn't been selling them for years. The last company i know that sold them was Team Magic but with another name. A guy i knew had a TM one and it was difficult to work with and get parts for and didnt support all the ajustments that even a Serpent Vector did.

Try to find a used car but from the more established brands (Serpent,Mugen,Kyosho).
Old 01-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Its a GS SONIC. You wont find any new parts for it,unless its on ebay.
I think its 6 or 7 years old.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys, based on what you said I decided not to get it. Might look around for a second hand G4RS.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khrome
Thanks guys, based on what you said I decided not to get it. Might look around for a second hand G4RS.
Khrome,

Just an FYI. Getting the G4RS is a bad idea. That kit has gearing issues. 2 of my buddies and I got that kit in January of 08 and we all had problems with the gears stripping. The other problem is with the chassis. I have seen other racers post on the G4RS forum with photos of cracked chassis. My kit is sitting in a box with a cracked chassis where the engine mounts. Finally, parts support from the US distributor, Wolf Hobbies, is a joke. Our LHS placed an order for us and paid for the parts by credit card. To this day the parts have are still yet to arrive. I am now running the Kyosho RRR Evo 2. It's a great kit and in the 5 months that I've had it I've stripped one gear due to debris from the track which chipped a tooth. Another really good kit is the XRay NT1. I have a couple buddies running that kit and they love it and are always running in the front of the field as am I. Just wanted to help you make a good decision.

Regards,
Speyedrjedi
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Rookie

I ended up getting this really cheap, he said it is a Mugen but didn't know what model? Any idea? How old? Is it even a Mugen?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Khrome
I ended up getting this really cheap, he said it is a Mugen but didn't know what model? Any idea? How old? Is it even a Mugen?

That is not a mugenand it has Serpent on the back wingat first I thought it was an HPI with all that purple....
Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's a Serpent Impact, circa 1997 or 98.