R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Ofna DMone Spec 1/8 scale or Kyosho Inferno GT2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/269585-ofna-dmone-spec-1-8-scale-kyosho-inferno-gt2.html)

HulkNT1 01-22-2009 05:51 AM

Ofna DMone Spec 1/8 scale or Kyosho Inferno GT2

Guys I do not want this to turn into a war. I can not change the head line if not I would. Please say what you want to say with out insulting the other company..

Ivan Dickson 01-22-2009 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by HulkNT1 (Post 5326944)
Guys I do not want this to turn into a war. I can not change the head line if not I would. Please say what you want to say with out insulting the other company..

Two great RC company:nod:both of them make good products :nod: you can't go wrong with either in my opinion...:nod::tire::nod:

TRYMY4.0 01-22-2009 09:15 AM

I have an OFNA buggy, nothing fancy and it's great. I've never owned their on-road cars but they look like pure sexx.

I bought the GT2 due to a local supplier (winners circle). I'm not a HUGE racer, but the thing that stuck out to me the most was the 150cc tank vs the 125cc tank the OFNA has. I havent gotton a good dry warm day to try out my GT2 but so far, i love the hell out of it. Just go through it and thread lock every bolt.

-Ant.

nib 01-22-2009 09:24 AM

i run both and in stock form the dm1 performs as well as the igt w/ the igt being a little faster in the mid range. the igt has soo many upgrades from the mp series of buggies that you can use to increase performance its crazy,so as it sits now my igt does everything better than the dm1 for not much money. hope this helps Ron

vadn1 01-22-2009 02:29 PM

I would put my money towards the DM-1.

CurveTracer 01-22-2009 04:50 PM

I prefer the DM1Spec.
I have a new DM1Spec and a Inferno GT1.
The DM1Spec is very well assembled from the factory, loctite on metal to metal set screws, all screws and bolts tight and ready to race. The chassis is adequately stiff. The 2 speed transmission is sturdy and a clutch shoe type. Almost no play/tollerance in the suspension/steering components.
The suspension has all of the adjustments that are needed. Caster, camber, roll center, toe , and sway bars.
The body mounts are very stiff.

You should do some reading and surfing other sites for information on other models and assess user experiences.
The ofna transmissions are so strong and reliable that hobbyist have installed them into other models.

tbo713 01-22-2009 05:55 PM

The dm-1 has more setting than the igt2 and the two-speed very rarely strips any gears oppossed to the igt2 both are good fun cars but the dm-1 is a lot stronger

Jspeed 01-22-2009 08:50 PM

I’ve been happy with the IGT chassis since we started racing them here in America last year.

The IGT1 has helped me to win some races & put me on the podium a lot of times in 2008.

I’ve also raced the new IGT2 Audi A4 one time so far and it won first time out at Fort Meyers.

All the Kyosho bodies are great and offer different handling options.

Kyosho’s IGT cars have gotten the job done for me.:)