EBmods

Old 10-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default EBmods

Does anyone know anything about them? Here is the web site http://hometown.aol.com/enbtrp/front.html
Old 10-31-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
EB mods

sent him rossi motor came back a dog. however motor was not that good to start with and he is willing to attempt a fix. have not sent it back as yet. buy an r1wc and run it. If you want a modified, MURNAN'S modded R1WC is as good as it gets.His .12 motors are unbeatable.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

I've heard nothing but good about him, alot of guys over at www.unlimitedengineering.com forum have had great experiences, he even came on the board and made a a** out of someone for talking trash
Old 10-31-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have seen quite a few Murnan modifieds and they are FAST!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rossi

Trashcar ( Andy)

Andy I need to clear the air here. You've said a few things that need to be clarified. But first read your post from June 17, 2003

Posted by Trashcar
June 17,2003
rossi marenello

"does anyone have personal experience with the marenello. After 1 gallon of 30% with RD logic kart pipe this engine in my MRX3 is a dog hopefully I'm doing something wrong. Tuned to run well it will have an inconsistent lean bog and little low end punch,richen the midrange it has problems clearing in the infield. I have been very disappointed in the engine as my Picco's and RB's will run away from it "

Andy that is a post you posted 3 months before you sent me the engine. You said the engine is a dog.

Now, what I'm upset about is you saying that I'm willing to fix the problem. That's like saying I screwed the engine up! Not true!!! Yes, I'm welling to fix the engine but it has nothing to do with what was done to the engine. I told you over the phone that it is a carb problem. And after reading your post in June I know its a carb and tuning problem. Like I said send me the engine at my expense and I will put the engine on the dyno and in a mugen on road car and test it. Also I said I'll try another carb on it for you. Also if you remember I told you that I didn't want to do this engine because of what it looked like and how it was maintained. It was dirty inside and out and was totally abused. But you said don't worry about it, just do it because the engine is a dog!!! I was going to just return it but you didn't want that.

Andy I will be calling you today to discuss this matter. I don't like someone saying things that aren't true.

Since I'm posting on here I like to say to everyone to look for the RC Driver Magazine in stores this week. I am the Nitro Worx Columnist and will be explaining basic "How To" on nitro tuning, and working up to how to rebuild and modify. Also I will be doing the dyno testing for them. Look for Dyno results every month on the lastest and greatest nitro engines.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy eb mods

I was being nice and giving you the benifit of the doubt.It is neither a carb or pipe problem ,yes the engine was a dog as I stated,if you recall you said send me that engine you have nothing to lose if I can make it a competitve club motor you will be a believer. The engine as it stands now is a 4 minute pig. It will not rpm high enough to shift a well set two speed.As for bad maint. the only thing inside that engine was oil discoloration from blue thunder fuel and clipped cooling fins at the exhaust port to allow header clearance.I wondered when you asked me to try a nova rossi carb on the engine as they are totally incompatible.I never said this was a great engine that you hurt ,merely that I have had better luck with other tuners.Notably JP,NOVAMAXX(Massimo Fantini),and Uriah Murnan,highest rpm on an R1WC I have seen.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rossi

Andy ,,,

Wrong you called me asking if I could do anything with your engine. You said its a dog and a paper weight. So, I said send it and if I can change your mind and make it a club engine you'll be happy. Not knowing that you already screwed the carb up and ran a gallon of fuel through it. You also said you only had 5 tanks in it. But yet in June you said you had 1 gallon in it. Then when I get it its dirty inside and out. And had dirt inside the engine not just the oil residue. That's why I called you to say I don't want to do it because I knew that you were up to something. But then you said just do it, because the engine is junk and a dog and you don't care if it even runs.

I said to try a different carb becauseI KNOW FOR A FACT IT"S THE CARB. PROBLEM. By reading what you posted June 17th, 3 months before you sent me the engine I know the carb is all out of wack. Send the engine back, or I will have UPS come and pick it up. I will prove that its a carb problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I only like to do new engines....Because you never know what the person screwed up on it before sending it. I thought you were a stand up guy but I now know you had other intentions. I've done over 500 engine this year and you are the only one that has a problem. Go Figure!!!

Also I'm ranked 7th in the British nationals in brookland England with one of my Kangaroo engines. 2nd in the U.S.A in open modified truck pulling and pissing everyone off in socal running JP engines because my outlaws are untouchable in supermax racing.

You told me you were sick of JP's always breaking!!!

Also you never sent any of the other engine builders used engines that had problems before having them modified.

This is a best example of why I don't like to do used engines!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default engine

I did'nt wish to get into a pissing contest however ,the kindest thing I can say is your recollection is faulty.If I managed to screw this engine up so badly explain why my other engines run so well.Of course JP engines have reliability problems they produce RPM!! What possible motive could I have to create problems for you.Once again I will state I have had better luck with other tuners.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rossi

Yes, and I will state that you,, never sent them a engine that was already giving you problems.

I don't want to get in a pissing match either but, I take pride in what I do and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I offered to look at the engine at my expence and get it running like it SHOULD. But you never sent the engine back. And then I read on here you posting its a dog. Not true!!! I don't like having unhappy customers and you gave me no chance to even diagnose the problem. You sent me an engine knowing it ran like a pig and knowing something most be wrong with it hoping that magicaly it would run like a champ.

Maybe the carb was screwed up from the factory since you had the problem before you sent it. I'm still offering to look at the engine and get it to run like it should even if it requires a new carb and pay for all shipping charges.

Andy I know for a fact its the carb I will call you later to discuss this.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default eb mods

contest over ,I misrepresented nothing and resent being called a liar.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

So are they pritty good do you have any pics of your work?
Old 11-12-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default eb mods

just a note to any interested parties I never rcvd that phone call from Ed at EB mods
Old 11-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

What? EB mods do you have any pics of the work you have done?
Old 11-13-2003, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rossi

Andy, You sent me an email 2 days ago and I replied saying email me your number. I don't have your phone number. You never emailed it to me. I'm at the shop mon-fri. 12-8 est everyday. Send me your number or give me a call.

Texas racer,, sorry no pics. Maybe in a few weeks during the holidays when things slow down. I don't really care for pics because unless you have a before and after pic most people don't know what to look at.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default eb mods

as I e mailed you, if you wish I will post those emails. You said you would call me and as an after thought said you might not have my number.Why post that you are going to call me if you have no number .It would seem to me to be a difficult task at best. You made no attempt to contact me and said in your email you had been to busy. Andy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.