R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #76
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Quote:
Originally posted by Fisher890
...which means that two methods are not similar...

Does that clarify my statement?

G
Old 11-06-2003, 06:34 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Ahhhhhh ok,
Yeah makes more sence now... Ty
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:58 PM   #78
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

OMG Evryone got the D5 or planning to get it But for me i just got the RS5 waaaahhhh less than 2 weeks playing/tuning it. This weekend already there's a race. Make me feel good by saying that the RS5 is still good. I matched it with Calrsen tuning pipe. im new with GP so i just installed as i thought good. pls advice
Old 11-08-2003, 01:07 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Nah not me jfc just Got the D3....... try to keep up....
Old 11-12-2003, 10:23 AM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Those of ya who has the d5. What is the baseline setting for it? IT's not on the instruction. WHen I got the motor, it was set at 4 7/8 out on the bottom needle and 4 3/4 out on the high end needle.

Also, what is your final setting or approximate range? Thx!

G
Old 11-21-2003, 04:17 AM   #81
Tech Regular

Help Me Dino...................Motor was great to break in Motor was fine to run motor won't idle...... motor won't run...... Gonna Strip Needle screwheads soon adjusting........ Conrod in Reserve Help Me Dino Please Please Help Me Dino! Running a T6TF Plug Idle is Higher then !0,000 runaway Idle 5K> and die removed 2mm headshim no diff.Adj.hmmm everything Hose length Idle screw can run spitting fuel and die or Screaming over 10K rpm.nothing inbetween.Spent 3 hours at the track today Made 1/2 a lap.My Fault Spent 1/2 hr on a New steering arm rest was trying to get motor running right.Bought this motor because i Believe in your service! So if ya have time please help me out!one piece pipe from roger.All I seem to get is Flood or Lean or won't start. I Can Tune Cheap Motors around me by sound but can't tune my own motor. After Breaking the motor in I took it to a lot where i disintrigated a set or rear foams a front belt and most of the rear belt. So It Ran and ran well.This was all on a T6TF Plug I changed the plug for the same the new plug ran a tank or so and still shows me glow.I did the Tooth powder breakin and it was still tight to Breakin.Last 2 things I have left a hotter plug or my New ConRod. Work your Magic dino give me some specs i'd Hate to go Trashing my motor High Profile like this I Know the D3 Has speed.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:23 AM   #82
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Help Me Dino...................Motor was great to break in Motor was fine to run motor won't idle...... motor won't run...... Gonna Strip Needle screwheads soon adjusting........ Conrod in Reserve Help Me Dino Please Please Help Me Dino! Running a T6TF Plug Idle is Higher then !0,000 runaway Idle 5K> and die removed 2mm headshim no diff.Adj.hmmm everything Hose length Idle screw can run spitting fuel and die or Screaming over 10K rpm.nothing inbetween.Spent 3 hours at the track today Made 1/2 a lap.My Fault Spent 1/2 hr on a New steering arm rest was trying to get motor running right.Bought this motor because i Believe in your service! So if ya have time please help me out!one piece pipe from roger.All I seem to get is Flood or Lean or won't start. I Can Tune Cheap Motors around me by sound but can't tune my own motor. After Breaking the motor in I took it to a lot where i disintrigated a set or rear foams a front belt and most of the rear belt. So It Ran and ran well.This was all on a T6TF Plug I changed the plug for the same the new plug ran a tank or so and still shows me glow.I did the Tooth powder breakin and it was still tight to Breakin.Last 2 things I have left a hotter plug or my New ConRod. Work your Magic dino give me some specs i'd Hate to go Trashing my motor High Profile like this I Know the D3 Has speed.
Hello,Fisher.Please calm down....deep breathing.......

Try this setting;
Low speed needle --> 5 out
High speed needle --> 4 - 1/2 out
Mid speed needle --> flat
Idle needle --> 1mm open

Then start your engine and tyr to find the best setting.You may need to lean or rich the main needle to keep the engine temp around 240-250F.

I guessed that the low-speed needle may be too lean.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:27 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Breathing still slightly erratic gotta head to work will try that this evening thx Dino.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:01 AM   #84
Nitro Tech

Hey~~Fisher...

Today afternoon I tuned one D5 for my customer here,I knew what you feel now...&%$#^*@!^&^%$

This engine is installed on LD3.No matter how to adjust,either die out or high idle...

I have tried many setting;another carburettor;different amount of shims.....etc.But still the same .......

I don't believe that really! It make me mad....

At last, I try another pipe. It's strange that all trouble just gone?

So,please tell me which pipes do you use? I need to test it.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:19 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Lightbulb Squirrely engines and unstable idle.

Just a throught.

Check the lenght of the pressure line from the pipe to the tank, check different lenght to see if alleviates the problem.

Dino: check with different shapes and lenghts of the low-end needle, some car/pipes/engines are very itchy to deal with.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:53 AM   #86
Tech Regular

Pipe I got from Roger he said its good. THS Racing 1 piece pipe/Manifold.THS Racing 1217C-6 Turbo tune pipe set. Sorry to hear you Had Problems but glad to know its not just me.Can't Stand Getting my butt kicked by a machine.Hope you find me some results . What pipe did you change to?

Last edited by Fisher890; 11-22-2003 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:57 AM   #87
Tech Regular

I am running 10" 250mm between the tank and the pipe.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:52 AM   #88
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Pipe I got from Roger he said its good. THS Racing 1 piece pipe/Manifold.THS Racing 1217C-6 Turbo tune pipe set. Sorry to hear you Had Problems but glad to know its not just me.Can't Stand Getting my butt kicked by a machine.Hope you find me some results . What pipe did you change to?
well...
THS 1217C-6 TURBO Pipe is OK.I have tested it before.I know the manufactory guy.

I just want to reduce one possibility.

Have you try my suggesting setting?

Last edited by dino.tw; 11-22-2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:58 AM   #89
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Squirrely engines and unstable idle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Dino: check with different shapes and lenghts of the low-end needle, some car/pipes/engines are very itchy to deal with.
Thanks bro.

It seems that the LD3 stock pipe not fit for our D5. The pipe is a bit too long.I have asked the customer to buy THS or RDLogic pipes which is designed for LD3/NTC3.

Last edited by dino.tw; 11-22-2003 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:05 AM   #90
Nitro Tech

Quote:
I am running 10" 250mm between the tank and the pipe.
Another possibility....try 150mm pressure line

Maybe the back pressure is too samll when idling,it will cause low-end leaning.Need to try...