R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Hi - can you tell me is the Radical PT09 homologated by ROAR or EFRA and if so what is the homologation number? - thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Hi Chris, the number i have on mine is EFRA 31509
I'm wondering the same thing, I just picked up three of them for the Nats and the numbres on mine are 60408 doesn't say EFRA on it. Can someone tell me before I get them painted. Legal or not legal
Old 06-22-2009, 05:11 AM   #62
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmotor View Post
I'm wondering the same thing, I just picked up three of them for the Nats and the numbres on mine are 60408 doesn't say EFRA on it. Can someone tell me before I get them painted. Legal or not legal
Same no 60408 on my PT09's received today. No EFRA notation.

Regards

Kyle
Kyle Hazell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell View Post
Same no 60408 on my PT09's received today. No EFRA notation.

Regards

Kyle
that number is the ROAR number. AARCMCC rules state the body to be approved by either or all, ROAR EFRA and FEMCA. so the 60408 is the ROAR approval number. maynot be approved by EFRA as yet, or it has and not been moulded with the Approval number yet. the R09 has both ROAR and EFRA numbers.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
that number is the ROAR number. AARCMCC rules state the body to be approved by either or all, ROAR EFRA and FEMCA. so the 60408 is the ROAR approval number. maynot be approved by EFRA as yet, or it has and not been moulded with the Approval number yet. the R09 has both ROAR and EFRA numbers.
No probs, thanks Patto.

Regards

Kyle
Kyle Hazell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
A bit of caution here. I just checked the "approved" body list at the ROAR website:

ROAR Approved Body List http://www.roarracing.com/approvals.php

These are the "numbers" closest to the number moulded into your bodies -- ...approved bodies are included in the table below:

1/8 LMP TITAN PRECISION MODEL 60405 3/19/2011
1/8 LMP TITAN PRECISION MODEL 60406 3/19/2011

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/sbody.php?ordby=sc

I do not see 60408 as a ROAR approved part number - I have inquired to the Body Inspection Committee for --

A) confirmation if it is approved and not updated on the site, or
B) the approval is pending
C) None of the above

Last edited by Rich Browne; 06-22-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #66
Tech Master

Update:

From the Body Inspection Committee --

60408 Bodies ARE in for approval review (received 6/18).
No disposition yet - status: pending evaluation.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Update:

From the Body Inspection Committee --

60408 Bodies ARE in for approval review (received 6/18).
No disposition yet - status: pending evaluation.
Soooooooooooo, what's the verdict about the body?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #68
Tech Master

Quote:
Soooooooooooo, what's the verdict about the body?

Matt,

They are going to personally call you when the final verdict is in.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Matt,

They are going to personally call you when the final verdict is in.
Ringring ringring oh sorry wrong number
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 AM   #70
Tech Master

Quote:
Ringring ringring oh sorry wrong number

I guess there's no love in the world....
Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I guess there's no love in the world....
It's just the "MAN" keeping me down again
Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #72
Tech Master

Quote:
It's just the "MAN" keeping me down again
Oh, good lawrd, you evoking "the man" - how 1960....
Old 07-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Sorry about some of the confusion mention here and sorry I have not had the time to get on RC Tech. Docs with changing of meds again makes my work days very short. Starting to get level once again and all will be in a short time.

Mr Rich Browne is correct in his statements. The body is in for approval and I expect the approval soon. I believe everyone knows the sister body, Blitz Lola ZX09 - 60407, already has been approved. Since there are only frontal design changes and no changes in any measurements, this approval should have no problems going through their process. I have emailed the Chairman and haven't received an answer, so I am assuming Bob maybe on vacation. I have also emailed Fred and hope to hear from him soon.

The Radical PT09 has been just an USA body. Blitz felt that their Lola ZX09 was all they needed and didn't believe that I was correct in having the two bodies. So I made the decision (with help from sponsored drivers) to have our Radical PT09 along with the Lola ZX09. As reported to me by Josh Cyrul, the Radical PT09 and the Lola ZX09 were the fastest bodies and the bodies of choice by a lot of the top drivers in Lostallo Italy.

The Radical PT09 is not EFRA approved and therefore no number on the body at this time. Again this body is imported and sold only here in the USA by TMA Marketing. However I believe, after the results at Lostallo, that Blitz will be smart enough to get this body EFRA approved. They need to realize that our Radical PT09 is not now only a USA body but a worlwide body. Each body presents a different feel and each makes different setups work for the racers.

I will keep this thread updated on the progress and let you know what I hear from Fred (ROAR administrator).

I will let everyone know we have the lighter Racing Bodies in stock. These bodies will now be retailing at the low $29.95 price. It is great we are able to price these World Class Bodies the same as club racing type bodies. We thank Blitz for all the help they have given us to make it possible to price our bodies this low.

To get off the subject just a small bit. Please go to our website http://www.teammarketingamerica.com and see the new product that is now being introduced worlwide. TMA Marketing has added this product to our line.

It is called the Smart Power Pack. This is a single Lipo power cell inside an electronic piece that delivers 6V of constant current to all servos and receiver. This is a single unit with a small footprint, the size of a regular round cell or smaller. No regulator!!!! to put on the car. It comes with an attached on/off switch that doubles for the connector to charge the batteries. This unit is smaller, lighter, safer, and best of all, 1/8th cars with the highest quality and highest current draw servos can expect a runtime of 75 minutes! (RX-1500) Yep no worries about one hour mains! We have them small enough for 1/10th cars to large 1/5th vehicles with three servos.

We are taking orders now for delivery toward the end of this month. First shipment will be limited in number and the following shipment will be a bout 30 days later. Read about this needed product on our website. This is the answer to an age old problem we have until now in the RC world.
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #74
Tech Regular

Hello All,

Just to let everyone know that the Blitz Radical PT09, 60408, is now ROAR approved. So buy your bodies! Paint your bodies! And be ready to race your Radical PT09 Bodies. The Blitz Radical PT09 and the Blitz Lola ZX09 are the best racing bodies in the world! Tell your local dealer to bring them in for you or see our On-Line store at our website.

Have Fun!
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:55 AM   #75
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Looks like a Zytek with a single driver figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
All I know is that the Zytec had 8 out of 10 spots at the Nationals IIRC, I havent seen a Blits win anything yet. Thats the kind of statement that a sponsor driver would made.
Steve, did you ever tried the Blitz yet?

Because yesterday I did a back to back test between the Zytek and the EFRA approved Blitz ZX09 on the track we will drive the next round in the Dutch championship on, I can give some unbiased information.
Differences between both bodys... not really, they are very similar in handling.
I had both bodies on my 966 with rear end raised.
the Zytek 13mm in front of bumper
the Blitz 16mm in front of bumper

The Blitz had just a very little bit of more steering, but also a little bit of a more loose rear.
I bet if you move it a bit backward, they are identical...

Positive point for the Blitz compared to the Zytek is the price.....

I still have to test both bodies on my hometrack, and if i don't forget, will also come back here to post my findings...