R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #46
Tech Regular

Thank you for asking about the Radical PT09. These bodies have been ordered and we believe they should be here next week about the middle or the end of the week. The Lola ZX09 is presently in stock. The Radical PT09 sold a lot faster than we expected and apologize for the out of stock we are experiencing at this time.

The reason for the excellent sales of the Radical PT09 may come from the great success that Scott Kimbrow has found with the body. At last weekends Motonica Grand Prix race in Las Vegas, Scott was not only TQ, but got the track record at the long standing Las Vegas race track. Scott recorded the first 19 lap heat race "ever" in that tracks history using the Radical PT09 body. Scott also won the concourse with his Radical PT09.

Unfortunately for Scott Kimbrow, who was leading through most of the 60 minute A Main final, a wire in his receiver broke and sent his car hard into the wall causing damage to his front suspension parts. He was forced to retire.

However after Scott had to retire, Jim Adkins from Northern California finished the A Main in 1st place also using the Radical PT09.

So for all those interested in this USA highly tested and developed winning body, as I mentioned they should be here next week. As a side note, this body was also tested for us at the Toledo Ohio track by another world class driver and he believed it was the best handling and fastest body in the world! So those serious racers going to the ROAR Nationals should think about trying this body.

Have Fun and bring a friend, new to our hobby, to the track with you every month! Lets make our hobby grow even in the rough times!
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Hello Everyone-

I just wanted to let everyone know that myself and Jim Adkins have been testing the new Blitz Radical PT09 over the last 4 months and I can definitely say it is the best body I have ever used. It is incredibly stable, has very good low speed steering, and the high speed steering is unmatched in my opinion. It is extremely smooth with corner entry and exit, and the overall feel makes the car very fast, yet very comfortable to drive.

If you have any questions, or would like to see/try the body at a race, please feel free to see myself or Jim at the track. We will be at the Capitol Classic in June, and I am looking forward to getting back there!

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
NEW BLITZ LOLA 1/8 ON ROAD BODY-img_3392.jpg  
Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F1Racing View Post
Thank you for asking about the Radical PT09. These bodies have been ordered and we believe they should be here next week about the middle or the end of the week. The Lola ZX09 is presently in stock. The Radical PT09 sold a lot faster than we expected and apologize for the out of stock we are experiencing at this time.

The reason for the excellent sales of the Radical PT09 may come from the great success that Scott Kimbrow has found with the body. At last weekends Motonica Grand Prix race in Las Vegas, Scott was not only TQ, but got the track record at the long standing Las Vegas race track. Scott recorded the first 19 lap heat race "ever" in that tracks history using the Radical PT09 body. Scott also won the concourse with his Radical PT09.

Unfortunately for Scott Kimbrow, who was leading through most of the 60 minute A Main final, a wire in his receiver broke and sent his car hard into the wall causing damage to his front suspension parts. He was forced to retire.

However after Scott had to retire, Jim Adkins from Northern California finished the A Main in 1st place also using the Radical PT09.

So for all those interested in this USA highly tested and developed winning body, as I mentioned they should be here next week. As a side note, this body was also tested for us at the Toledo Ohio track by another world class driver and he believed it was the best handling and fastest body in the world! So those serious racers going to the ROAR Nationals should think about trying this body.

Have Fun and bring a friend, new to our hobby, to the track with you every month! Lets make our hobby grow even in the rough times!
Jim only managed to win this race because he had faster pit stops than anybody else.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Good News

The Radical PT09 are now in stock and can be purchased from www.teammarketingamerica.com in their on-line store, Raceday Hobies, www.racedayhobbies.com and Ebay as well.

Those going to the 301 race will have plenty of time to paint and be ready with the fastest best handling bodies in the world. Blitz features the Radical PT09, Lola ZX09, and the world Champion body for 1/10th - Altis 2.3.

Have Fun
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F1Racing View Post
Good News

The Radical PT09 are now in stock and can be purchased from www.teammarketingamerica.com in their on-line store, Raceday Hobies, www.racedayhobbies.com and Ebay as well.

Those going to the 301 race will have plenty of time to paint and be ready with the fastest best handling bodies in the world. Blitz features the Radical PT09, Lola ZX09, and the world Champion body for 1/10th - Altis 2.3.

Have Fun
would be nice to have one

Last edited by gotmotor; 05-13-2009 at 06:37 AM.
gotmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Could someone please confirm the optimum body position of the ZX09 on a MRX-4?
ybslow made a comment that he wanted to test 15mm in front of the bumper because with 20mm the car was too loose. Any news on that?

Thanks, Stefan

Last edited by fulcrum2; 06-01-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Typo corrected
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Let me ask Scott Kimbrow or Jim Adkins about the position they are running and what they feel different positions react on their cars. Scott and Jim run the Kyosho, however the cars I think would be close enough in character to respond similarily inregards to body positions. Maybe not but this is the best I can do presently for you.

Maybe Blitz knows as well. They have been on Holiday and haven't return emails since they have come back to work? if they have....lol When they email I will try to get an answer from them as well.
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot for your follow-up Sam, much appreciated.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #54
Tech Regular

We are proud to congratulate Scott Kimbrow for his win at the Capital Classic race this past June 7th. Scott used his Blitz Radical PT09 to make his win smooth and fast. Scott is one of the top drivers that heled develop the Radical PT09 and is now benefitting from his earlier efforts.

The Radical PT09 has proven itself to be the best body for USA tracks. It was developed on seceral of the best tracks here in the USA by several top drivers. It is now fun to watch and receive the feeedback from racers across the country telling us how happy they are with a real racing body.

Jim Adkins took a 6th place A Main finish at the Capital Classic and Rick Davis took a 2nd place A Main finish in the Masters Class and both men used our Radical PT09.

If you haven't tried the Blitz Radical PT09 or the Blitz Lola ZX09 then come to our website on-line store and take advantage of our Special "Capital Classic Win" Price going on now. Thanks to Scott Kimbrow we have our bodies priced at $34.99 in honor of his win! Website location is www.teammarketingamerica.com
Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi there SAM, i managed to source a R09 body for the state titles here. i used it for the first time in practice, i had only one body. the rest of mine were lola 05's but once i tried the R09, it stayed on. i was very happy with it, and the stability increase was just superb. it set a new lap record for the track, and TQ. led 26 mins of the 30 min final till a problem with the car arose. i will be using this body from now on, and possible try the PT09. the Altis 2.3 also TQ and won the title, and new lap record, but i have been using them for a while now. the R09 was a pleasure to drive along with the new 966.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Hi Patto, long time no see!

I am glad you like the Lola ZX09 (is what we call it in the states). The Radical PT09 is the original prototype we used to develop the Radical PT09 and the Lola ZX09. The Lola ZX09 is the same body as the Radical PT09 with a different front end that has more turning for use overseas where tracks are not prepared like the US tracks since they don't put down any traction compounds like we do here. The Radical PT09 is great for our tracks here and Scott Kimbrow, Jim Adkins, and Rick Davis are proving this fact. I kept this body for USA racers since we knew it is perfect for well prepared tracks and especially the Toledo track where the Nationals will be held and this track having been tested there during development.

The Lola ZX09 is performing great here as told to us by many racers and similarily the Radical PT09 is doing very well overseas as reported to us by racers in Europe. So a lot of preference is determined by driving style, setups, and tire shore selection. Bottom line is both bodies are excellent and that makes us very happy.

I hope all is going good for you and hope to talk to you again soon.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
Could someone please confirm the optimum body position of the ZX09 on a MRX-4?
ybslow made a comment that he wanted to test 15mm in front of the bumper because with 20mm the car was too loose. Any news on that?

Thanks, Stefan
Hello Stefan, This is the answer I received back from Blitz about your qI saw some one ask about the MRX-4X bodyshell distance with front bumper

The best location for MRX-4X is 12mm

In MRX-4X , you can move front bodyshell cut line higher to make fornt
bodyshell lower without touch ground.
uestion of the body placement on the MRX-4. Hope this helps you.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Hi Sam,

thanks a lot for your follow-up on the body position. This is excellent service from your side, much appreciated!

Very best regards,

Stefan
Old 06-20-2009, 03:30 AM   #59
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM America View Post
Hi Patto, long time no see!

I am glad you like the Lola ZX09 (is what we call it in the states). The Radical PT09 is the original prototype we used to develop the Radical PT09 and the Lola ZX09. The Lola ZX09 is the same body as the Radical PT09 with a different front end that has more turning for use overseas where tracks are not prepared like the US tracks since they don't put down any traction compounds like we do here. The Radical PT09 is great for our tracks here and Scott Kimbrow, Jim Adkins, and Rick Davis are proving this fact. I kept this body for USA racers since we knew it is perfect for well prepared tracks and especially the Toledo track where the Nationals will be held and this track having been tested there during development.

The Lola ZX09 is performing great here as told to us by many racers and similarily the Radical PT09 is doing very well overseas as reported to us by racers in Europe. So a lot of preference is determined by driving style, setups, and tire shore selection. Bottom line is both bodies are excellent and that makes us very happy.

I hope all is going good for you and hope to talk to you again soon.

Hi - can you tell me is the Radical PT09 homologated by ROAR or EFRA and if so what is the homologation number? - thanks
Old 06-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Hi - can you tell me is the Radical PT09 homologated by ROAR or EFRA and if so what is the homologation number? - thanks
Hi Chris, the number i have on mine is EFRA 31509
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote