R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-29-2003, 10:04 AM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by trey
Then I guess someone should call JP and tell them how to mod engines correctly.
It's not so much to do with how JP mod their engine, it's how you tune the engine! I have seen 2 exact same engine on 2 identical cars but one is poorly turn and the other is well tune, and the well tuned one just walks(may be run) away from the other! and in this case I am referring to NS12 5 ports!

if you are running that hot to have power, I assume you have a very lean bottom, the car is punchy out of the hole for 5 feet then go in to a flat band for the next 10 feet then start picking up speed again!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:08 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
It's not so much to do with how JP mod their engine, it's how you tune the engine! I have seen 2 exact same engine on 2 identical cars but one is poorly turn and the other is well tune, and the well tuned one just walks(may be run) away from the other! and in this case I am referring to NS12 5 ports!

if you are running that hot to have power, I assume you have a very lean bottom, the car is punchy out of the hole for 5 feet then go in to a flat band for the next 10 feet then start picking up speed again!
Well said!!!! It is not how modded it is about how used.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:10 AM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
yeh! You give them an idea and next engine you will pay them extra $50.
give Top Gun 777 an idea, and you will get the engine for FREE!

Yeah, hoorey!!!
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:25 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

I really think how long an modded engine lasts or how hot it will run will have something to do with the owner of the enigine too! If u dont' gear it right or tune it right - you'll mess it up no matter who modded the engine. LIkewise, if you abruse, don't break it in right then - sure it wont' last.

Just email Murnan - he's a cool dude. Get your answers from teh source. I think a modded engine could just as reliable and last just as long as any stock engines.

G

Last edited by loosenut; 10-29-2003 at 10:41 AM.
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:28 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
give Top Gun 777 an idea, and you will get the engine for FREE!

Yeah, hoorey!!!
Sorry, too late!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't change my designs anymore! Actualy no need it.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote