Sts Rs3/rs5

Old 10-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sts Rs3/rs5

These engins any good for racing. I just wont a engin for club events not full racing. thats what my JP going to b for.
Any way have any u guys got one of these are they any good. They are very very cheap.

THANKS
Old 10-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

from what i've heard there asian knock off's of novarossi's

and even the parts are interchangeable

and from what i have seen at the track

they hold up pretty well
Old 10-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey, you get the most bang for your buck with the STS, i have a few and they run like a champ and put out decent power , perfect for club level racing.
i think they have a new model came out not long ago called the Dragon motor, i have heard it can hang with some full blown JPs
Old 10-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

After hearing that i think ill get the 5port TURBO (rs5). So i can have some good power.

CHEERS
Old 10-27-2003, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are this engines reliable/durable enough in order to go to a national or international event with it ?, and about performance versus os .12 tr, novamegas, rossi's ?

thanks
Old 10-27-2003, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default sts

Originally posted by Tabushi
Are this engines reliable/durable enough in order to go to a national or international event with it ?, and about performance versus os .12 tr, novamegas, rossi's ?

thanks
i used this engine on my serpent last year and i was very impressed i used about 4 gallons of 30 % fuel and never had any problems, a very strong motor and very reliable.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by edwintam; 10-08-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by edwintam
I had a slightly different experience.
My conrod bushings gave way right after break-in.

The turbo button of my RS5 leaked.

I am waiting for the STS Dragon 5 port engines to arrive in HK as I may want to give it another chance.

Use the OS plug,it will never leak.

As for the conrod bushings,because the engine is more and more power from the first batch to the newest one.In the middle period we do have the conrod problem because the power is too big and conrod bushings can not support.When we find this problem,we shipped FREE conrods to our distributors urgently and asking them to forward those NEW STRONG CONROD to all of our customers.That's why some guys get the additional conrod in the box.If you don't get this conrod,maybe you don't feedback this problem to our distributor.Have you ever see any engine manufactory do the same thing like STS?Even it's cheap engine!

When you find your engine is eating plug no matter what brands,burn one new plug less than one tank of fuel,you should check the two conrod bushings right now.DO NOT keep on try to re-start it!Abnormal compression will burn the plug.You have to remember it.

Lot of people do check their car frequently if the car is something wrong or hard to control.But most of people never check their engine if something wrong.They just re-start it again and again and try to adjust the carburetor.Then kill the engine fully with his own hands when engine get sick.

When you find something wrong,the beat way is take apart it and check the all internal parts.And prepare two engines for any race meeting.You need a backup solution if you are a REAL racer.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
Use the OS plug,it will never leak.

When you find your engine is eating plug no matter what brands,burn one new plug less than one tank of fuel,you should check the two conrod bushings right now.DO NOT keep on try to re-start it!Abnormal compression will burn the plug.You have to remember it.

Dino, Dino, Dino. What abnormal compresion are you talking about? When bushigs or other parts are starting worning out, they create a very small pwder metall debry, this debry is burning the plug and it has nothing to do with abnormal compression. Mostly it is Al which create extra extreme temperature on filament and Al debrie is burning filament.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Dino, Dino, Dino. What abnormal compresion are you talking about? When bushigs or other parts are starting worning out, they create a very small pwder metall debry, this debry is burning the plug and it has nothing to do with abnormal compression. Mostly it is Al which create extra extreme temperature on filament and Al debrie is burning filament.
No...
I meant when the conrod bushings gave way or broken,the engine will have abnormal compression.Then the glow plug will be burned.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

No...
I meant when the conrod bushings gave way or broken,the engine will have abnormal compression.Then the glow plug will be burned.
will not repeate, read my previouce post, there is exactly what is happen and why the filament is burning.
What is abnormal compression?
Old 10-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
will not repeate, read my previouce post, there is exactly what is happen and why the filament is burning.
What is abnormal compression?
Yeah,maybe you are right!

But what my opinion is when the compression is too high,it also will burn grow plug.That's why I think so.Need to make more experiments.

BTW,let me tell you a truth,uncle.Reading your speaky is really hard to me.Hahaha....

Two guys talk each other with poor English...And...I can't not see your hands,face...(body language).....
Old 10-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah,maybe you are right!

But what my opinion is when the compression is too high,it also will burn grow plug.That's why I think so.Need to make more experiments.

BTW,let me tell you a truth,uncle.Reading your speaky is really hard to me.Hahaha....

Two guys talk each other with poor English...And...I can't not see your hands,face...(body language).....
Hey Dino, we can switch to Russian, I am sure you will understand me better.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

[BBut what my opinion is when the compression is too high,it also will burn grow plug.That's why I think so.
[/B]
If everything will be done right, nothing will burn at even very high compression ratio ( we are talking about reasonble limits). I tryed already and know where we need to go.It is not issue, at list for me.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

So Dino,
I 've been bugging everyone for a cheaper engine to start with in my MTX3(even tried tapping 777 for used).I like the price on the RS3 and the 1020 pipe kit. If I order it right now will there be an extra conrod or upgraded version when I recieve it?And if there is an x-tra conrod should I break it in on the orig. conrod then change it? This looks like the best solution for my dilema. Please advise me about the conrod issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.